Disappointing Upcoming 2019-2020 Season

Liked Posts:
No Fangio to run the show on the defensive side off the ball means Nagy will have to be more involved, and less involved with the offensive side. I think the offense won't evolve as much as we hope and the defense likely won't be top 3 like it was this year. Add in the likelihood of many more injuries and I think we're looking at a very disappointing 6-10 type season.

I hope I'm wrong but many signs point to this being the case.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It took a winning season to expose just how stupid this board is.

Time to start the ***Official Idiot of the Year Award*** thread.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
ffs

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
No Fangio to run the show on the defensive side off the ball means Nagy will have to be more involved, and less involved with the offensive side. I think the offense won't evolve as much as we hope and the defense likely won't be top 3 like it was this year. Add in the likelihood of many more injuries and I think we're looking at a very disappointing 6-10 type season.

I hope I'm wrong but many signs point to this being the case.
Fine thread. Don't let the masturbator, Xuder, bring you down

mecha

Liked Posts:
No one brings me down. Well, accept players who miss playoff games due to their bodies protecting themselves.

that's seriously like the most pussy thing ever. professional athlete, ducks out of a game because of anxiety.

I would appreciate they acquire a DC with testicles that won't make players back off into 10 yard cushions on 3rd down continuously.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I’m feeling the same way, this organization just can’t sustain success. It’s funny how the teams that win year after year, none of them lost any coaches.

That kick has set our history. If that kick goes in Elway probably hires Munchak. Trubisky and Nagy have a playoff win with all the momentum. Monkey is off Nagy’s back from the Chiefs season, now it is a gorilla.

Ask Marvin Lewis how rare it is to have the opportunity they had. Historic defense wasted on a one and done. Now their leader bails.

Nobody seems to want this job either. Not even Donatell lol. It’s almost a guarantee fail, no way you can repeat this past year so you will take all the blame.

This is more depressing to me than the superbowl or packers nfc champ game. Both those years we weren’t the best team, this year we were the best team. 5 losses by 15 points is insane. One of 4 defenses to lead in points allowed and turnovers, other 3 won a Super Bowl. The other 3 also did not sustain that success.

They blew it by keeping that kicker, shits just going to be a slow downward slide here on out. Hopefully they can recover for a 2020 run at best.

Liked Posts:
I’m feeling the same way, this organization just can’t sustain success. It’s funny how the teams that win year after year, none of them lost any coaches.

That kick has set our history. If that kick goes in Elway probably hires Munchak. Trubisky and Nagy have a playoff win with all the momentum. Monkey is off Nagy’s back from the Chiefs season, now it is a gorilla.

Ask Marvin Lewis how rare it is to have the opportunity they had. Historic defense wasted on a one and done. Now their leader bails.

Nobody seems to want this job either. Not even Donatell lol. It’s almost a guarantee fail, no way you can repeat this past year so you will take all the blame.

This is more depressing to me than the superbowl or packers nfc champ game. Both those years we weren’t the best team, this year we were the best team. 5 losses by 15 points is insane. One of 4 defenses to lead in points allowed and turnovers, other 3 won a Super Bowl. The other 3 also did not sustain that success.

They blew it by keeping that kicker, shits just going to be a slow downward slide here on out. Hopefully they can recover for a 2020 run at best.

Yup, totally agree. Going to be a rough season next year. We'll see how it wears on Nagy's positivity and energy.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They will hire a DC to run the defense and nothing will change.

He may not be as good as Fangio, but he has a shit ton of talent.

Nagy isn’t getting more involved in the defense.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

There are way more positive signs then negative signs. Nothing will ever be enough for some of you to be positive about this team. Losing coaches is the cost of success. Fangio is far from irreplaceable. The talent in this team is legitimate and young.

Rise

Liked Posts:
They will hire a DC to run the defense and nothing will change.

He may not be as good as Fangio, but he has a shit ton of talent.

Nagy isn’t getting more involved in the defense.

It won’t be as good. Trevathon is never healthy, neither is Goldman. Hicks Achilles is about to blow out. Prince staying healthy was a miracle. History and odds say it will be around a 10-15 defense, even if they kept fangio, probably would have been 5-10.

The future after this season has not changed, it’s Trubisky. Either he develops into a game winner or not. It doesn’t change the opportunity they had this season, they should have won the Super Bowl. The chain effect of that one and done is huge, it hasn’t even been one week and it’s effects are immense.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like you'll be busy doing a lot of apple picking next fall.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears

1.) great teams lose coaches all the time

2.) It wasn’t “rare” for Marvin Lewis to have opportunities. He had multiple chances and never won a playoff game, this is what he’s most known for.

3.) saying nobody wants the Bears DC job is something you just made up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rise

Liked Posts:
There are way more positive signs then negative signs. Nothing will ever be enough for some of you to be positive about this team. Losing coaches is the cost of success. Fangio is far from irreplaceable. The talent in this team is legitimate and young.

Fangio is a great dc, who has built this defense for 4 years. This whole season was a result of his defense. Now he is gone, and nobody worth a damn wants this job because it is career suicide.

As a dc you have to be the 5th in the Super Bowl era to lead in points allowed and turnovers, and even then you will just be seen as riding fangio’s coattails. If you do worse it’s your fault. It’s a horrible situation for any coach who wants to be a hc.

Best bet I guess is an old guy who doesn’t care like foot fucker.

martin.johnson73

Liked Posts:
Based on this thread, we should just quit!! We got a top 3 Defense and we stay healthy we can be in the same spot next year!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rise

Liked Posts:
1.) great teams lose coaches all the time

2.) It wasn’t “rare” for Marvin Lewis to have opportunities. He had multiple chances and never won a playoff game, this is what he’s most known for.

3.) saying nobody wants the Bears DC job is something you just made up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody who is worth a damn. Someone will take it surely but it’s basically a zero shot at becoming a hc.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
The loss of Vic Fangio there's no doubt in my mind will have some negative impact on the season. I wouldn't be surprised if they are very underwhelming on defense this season and they go 10-6 because the defense drops off a bit but the offense picks up the slack enough for a wild card ... with Fangio back I think the defense would have continued it's dominance and I think they would have won 12+ games ... without Fangio whoever they pick now I just don't think they'll do as well. Some of it I think is due to the fact they're playing such a tough schedule. Makes it tougher with a new defensive staff.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nobody who is worth a damn. Someone will take it surely but it’s basically a zero shot at becoming a hc.

What are you talking about?

The Bears DC gig was open for 2 minutes and Bowles almost bailed on a promise to a lifelong friend.

The Bears will have people lining up for this gig.