11 Carries!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So what

This team should/could have won every game this year. I believe we lost on the last play 4 times and once we let the other team score with 90 seconds left(from 75 yards away).

The team had health (which is 75% of the battle), a home game and a defense capable of winning any game vs any opponent.

From a labor day point of view, not watching a second of this team play.... we overachieved.

From a new years day point of view.....this team underachieved and wasted/blew a great opportunity.

Would we have beaten the rams/saints/afc...who knows but we damn sure should have been playing this weekend to find put further.

Exactly. I don't know why fans think what they though before watching a single game is more important than the reality we saw once the games started. The reality based on games played is this was a SB team that blew their chance to compete by losing to a lesser team.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Eagles ran the ball more than the Bears & avg only 1.8 yds a carry. Bears should have ran the ball more than the Eagles. The Bears had too many 0 & negative yard plays on 1st down, running screens. Nagy does need to pound the ball a little more.

The eagles didn't win because they ran the ball. The won despite how shitty they ran the ball.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Nagy gets off the bus in 5 wide sets
He aint gonna run, it's not his game. If we had Hunt, it'd be another back the Bears dont use.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So what

This team should/could have won every game this year. I believe we lost on the last play 4 times and once we let the other team score with 90 seconds left(from 75 yards away).

The team had health (which is 75% of the battle), a home game and a defense capable of winning any game vs any opponent.

From a labor day point of view, not watching a second of this team play.... we overachieved.

From a new years day point of view.....this team underachieved and wasted/blew a great opportunity.

Would we have beaten the rams/saints/afc...who knows but we damn sure should have been playing this weekend to find put further.

Sorry I don't have an easy way of saying this without sounding like a dick so I'll just say it. One has fuck all to do with the other. Before the season prospects versus during the season prospects are in no way shape or form the same. One is based on projections and feel good bullshit while the other is on concrete actual play you can judge. You're talking about the concrete while I am talking about what our prospects were going into a 0 games played season.

I agree that this team this season showed they were in contention to win every game. No one blew the doors off them even when they made many mistakes turning the ball over or giving up bad plays on special teams.

They overachieved by far based on expectations before anything was played. They "underachieved" in the playoffs based on the inflated expectations people put in their minds due to that defense. The simple fact is the team was never ever ever ever ever (repeating forever) going to have a good enough offense this year to really put it all together. We lost because the offense was not good enough in the playoffs. Period. End of story. You can try to say well if the defense holds on 4th down, or Parkey makes his kick or Adrian Amos doesn't get flagged or blah blah blah blah blah number of endless excuses. It always will go back to the offense not being good enough in its first year to hang with teams in the playoffs.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
yep, howard got 10, Cohen got 1, Mizzell got 1, Cunningham got one, Gabriel got 2.

I would probably have been ok with Howard getting the mizell, cunningham and gabriel carries.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sorry I don't have an easy way of saying this without sounding like a dick so I'll just say it. One has fuck all to do with the other. Before the season prospects versus during the season prospects are in no way shape or form the same. One is based on projections and feel good bullshit while the other is on concrete actual play you can judge. You're talking about the concrete while I am talking about what our prospects were going into a 0 games played season.

I agree that this team this season showed they were in contention to win every game. No one blew the doors off them even when they made many mistakes turning the ball over or giving up bad plays on special teams.

They overachieved by far based on expectations before anything was played. They "underachieved" in the playoffs based on the inflated expectations people put in their minds due to that defense. The simple fact is the team was never ever ever ever ever (repeating forever) going to have a good enough offense this year to really put it all together. We lost because the offense was not good enough in the playoffs. Period. End of story. You can try to say well if the defense holds on 4th down, or Parkey makes his kick or Adrian Amos doesn't get flagged or blah blah blah blah blah number of endless excuses. It always will go back to the offense not being good enough in its first year to hang with teams in the playoffs.

You claim is our expectations rose irrationally because of Mack. Point being made is not they did not because Bears were actually good enough to compete for a SB so our expectations with Mack were fine. The problem is the Bears underachieved against a mediocre Eagles team. Our expectations with Mack were perfectly rationally given the real results with him on the team.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I truly believe with a run of the mill WCO we would have had similar or better offensive stats....tricks are great but for run games sometimes you have to be able to smash mouth

clear

Liked Posts:
Watching the Cowboys vs Rams game is just pissing me off!

The Bears lost to a garbage team, because they kept them in the game because of such an awful offensive game plan. The Rams would have 0 pts right now against the Bears. They are running all over the Cowboys and Goff still looks suspect. The Bears would of been shutting the run down, and the feasting off that bum.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Just think, all the love now but one day Nagy will be fired as the Bears head coach!

clear

Liked Posts:
Just think, all the love now but one day Nagy will be fired as the Bears head coach!

I just don't understand the love. It was all defense this year, and all Nagy needed to do offensively was not blow it for them. Well, he did in a big way!

People on this board told me how the Bears scored so many more pts this year to prove Nagy's worth. Well, the offense was all because of the defense this year. Everything on this Bears team was all defense. There was no offensive enlightening. Here is an example to prove my point. The Bears beat the Bills 41-9 and the Bears had a grand total of 190 yards total offense. I'm tired of hearing about the offense. The offense was terrible, and everyone outside of Chicago knew it. And allot of it had to so with stubborn play calling, and not using your talent properly.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The eagles didn't win because they ran the ball. The won despite how shitty they ran the ball.

Yep. If they ran the ball even 2 less times, guaranteed Parkey makes that final kick...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
While I don't disagree completely with your basic assertion that it would have been nice for the Bears to run more, the yards per rush for those guys was abysmal at 3.14 yards per carry. They could have continued the run run pass punt scheme. Committing to the run and succeeding are two different things. Staying with the run game only works if you can do it successfully.

In reality the Bears should have challenged them deep earlier, that may of helped the run game more.

It's true but some of that was Cohen and Mizell in gap or wide. Howard in zone was working better than those #s suggested (3.5) and it only takes breaking one to get that average up. He got real close to breaking a couple.