Was coach-killer Jay Cutler's last victim Adam Gase?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Things started out great for Gase in his first season. Inherits a team that hadn't had a winning season in 9 years, and has them at 8-5 with Tannehill performing well. Tannehill gets hurt, and Gase turns to Matt Moore, who posts a 105 rating and goes 2-1 in the last 3 games to get the Dolphins into the playoffs.

The next year 2017 Tannehill gets injured again, and Gase brings Jay Cutler out of retirement! The result is 6-10, the 28th best offense, 30th in turnovers allowed, and Cutler posting a Rate+ of 88!

This past season the Dolphins were 7-6 and in playoff contention, but flamed out in there last three games to finish 7-9. But I think if the Dolphins had done better in 2017 than Gase would have been given one more year to right the ship. Gase's decision to bring back Cutler was mind-blowing, and at the very least contributed to Gase losing his job if not being the main cause for it.

Cutler = Failed Fish Coach

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I missed the Jay Cutler threads.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Things started out great for Gase in his first season. Inherits a team that hadn't had a winning season in 9 years, and has them at 8-5 with Tannehill performing well. Tannehill gets hurt, and Gase turns to Matt Moore, who posts a 105 rating and goes 2-1 in the last 3 games to get the Dolphins into the playoffs.

The next year 2017 Tannehill gets injured again, and Gase brings Jay Cutler out of retirement! The result is 6-10, the 28th best offense, 30th in turnovers allowed, and Cutler posting a Rate+ of 88!

This past season the Dolphins were 7-6 and in playoff contention, but flamed out in there last three games to finish 7-9. But I think if the Dolphins had done better in 2017 than Gase would have been given one more year to right the ship. Gase's decision to bring back Cutler was mind-blowing, and at the very least contributed to Gase losing his job if not being the main cause for it.

Cutler had no effect in 2019 except on Bears Fan's psyche....I think Gase needed to make the playoffs this year regardless of what happened last year.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean...Gase got another HC gig. Cutler obviously didn't kill it enough

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who thinks if we had Cutler this year we win that game against the Eagles? Never mind let’s not go down that path.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Who thinks if we had Cutler this year we win that game against the Eagles? Never mind let’s not go down that path.

Can he kick 46 yards?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I hate Jay Cutler, but this team wins the Super Bowl with him at QB.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Cutler was a more interesting interview than Mitchell is. I miss his dry wit. Mitch is all business

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Who do you guys think would win in a fight, Cutler or Trubisky? Not fat Jay, the one who got in shape and lost weight that one season.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hate Jay Cutler, but this team wins the Super Bowl with him at QB.

giphy.gif

Pass the bong please.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

LOL! That's funny. Signing Cutler apparently didn't help much. But it's a bit of a stretch to say it killed Gase considering he had all of 2018 without Cutler to make a statement, and that being part of his 3 year try. When Tannehill went down at the beginning of 2017, Gase tried to get P Manning. When that didn't work, considering how well Moore did at the end of 2016 (105 rating), Moore should have been penciled in starter, and Gase could look for a vet backup, or some hotshot rookie, they had ex-Bear Fales.

I don't know if Gase let Moore, Cutler and Fales battle for starter, or if he handed it to Cutler, if it was the latter, it's Gase's choice, but that would be unwarranted, and I'd buy into the coach killer theory a little moore.

In 2018 they traded away Landry, not sure if that was Gase's call. That whole mode of thinking seems a bit more pertinent. Should have been clear this was a year they needed to win. Gase had Tannehill and Brock in 2018. A winning season in 2017 probably would have saved him at the end of 2018, hard to argue that.

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
Who do you guys think would win in a fight, Cutler or Trubisky? Not fat Jay, the one who got in shape and lost weight that one season.

I think the "Frisky One" Trubisky would be the victor. He would be much quicker than his foe.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Cutler hasn't been in Chicago for 3 seasons and he still gets mentioned daily. You guys just can't let him go!

Seriously is he the towns most famous athlete (remember fame is not good or bad)?

Anyway, just because you can't get enough:

3f8208d22908d2dd696179e05872f574-original.jpg

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Jay killing Gase opportunity in Miami is not surprising. What is surprising is the fact that the Jets hired Gase/Loggains after the Miami/Chicago disasters they ran. Are they drunk?