Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 23 to 42 of 42

Thread: Earl Thomas/Honey Badger

  1. #23
    CCS Donator Calabis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,652

    Default

    We can keep Amos.....I hope they do.

  2. #24
    All-Star CaptnSUG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Wellington NZ
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You must be fucking joking right?
    No. He signed that contract as a vet with full rights of refusal. He was not on a rookie deal/fifth-year option or franchise tag this season. If he didn't like what the Seahawks were offering back when he put his name on the dotted line he shouldn't have signed the deal. He knew these terms all along.

    To lash out at his own bench because he didn't make a forward thinking financial decision is immature and unprofessional.

  3. #25
    Huevos Rancheros Burque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    6,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptnSUG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. He signed that contract as a vet with full rights of refusal. He was not on a rookie deal/fifth-year option or franchise tag this season. If he didn't like what the Seahawks were offering back when he put his name on the dotted line he shouldn't have signed the deal. He knew these terms all along.

    To lash out at his own bench because he didn't make a forward thinking financial decision is immature and unprofessional.


    Toe the line Mr Corporate shill.
    The large print giveth and the small print taketh away.

  4. #26
    All-Star CaptnSUG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Wellington NZ
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Toe the line Mr Corporate shill.
    It's the same way in reverse. If a team signs a player to a stupid contact do you think they should be able to weasel out of it? Minnesota is gonna have to live with Kirk Cousins the same way Earl Thomas needed to live with the last year's of his deal.

    If Earl Thomas didnt like this contract why the fuck did he sign it? I seriously want to see your answer that question.

  5. #27
    CCS Donator BearFanJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,811

    Default

    You do not cut Trevathon. He may be peaking, or maybe sliding a bit, but him being on the team is an investment in Roquon Smith.

  6. #28
    Huevos Rancheros Burque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    6,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptnSUG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's the same way in reverse. If a team signs a player to a stupid contact do you think they should be able to weasel out of it? Minnesota is gonna have to live with Kirk Cousins the same way Earl Thomas needed to live with the last year's of his deal.

    If Earl Thomas didnt like this contract why the fuck did he sign it? I seriously want to see your answer that question.

    I am sorry, but you are wrong. Regularly teams get the better of players by signing them to multi year contracts with little or no security for the player after the first year or two. It is almost exclusively in favor of the team over the player.

    The Cousins deal is the exception, not the rule.

    The thing is that Thomas holding out wasn't even about how much he was getting paid this year, it was about him getting an extension so he could be with the team long term, possibly for the rest of his career. They basically shat in his lunchbox and you know what, he showed up and went to work when the deadline came. He got hurt, was understandably pissed at the team for forcing him to show up without extending him, and now he gets to go to free agency where some other team will pay him.

    I am not sure if he was asking for too much money, he could've been, but for someone that publicly stated they wanted to be a Seahawk for the rest of his career the team really did shit on the chances of retaining one of the best by not negotiating another extension for him and forcing him to play out the last year of his deal.

    Most big deals do not make it to the end. I think you can agree that the typical stars in the NFL renegotiate before the end of a contract. This is fairly common so I am not sure why it is confusing to you.
    The large print giveth and the small print taketh away.

  7. #29
    All-Star CaptnSUG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Wellington NZ
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am sorry, but you are wrong. Regularly teams get the better of players by signing them to multi year contracts with little or no security for the player after the first year or two. It is almost exclusively in favor of the team over the player.

    The Cousins deal is the exception, not the rule.

    The thing is that Thomas holding out wasn't even about how much he was getting paid this year, it was about him getting an extension so he could be with the team long term, possibly for the rest of his career. They basically shat in his lunchbox and you know what, he showed up and went to work when the deadline came. He got hurt, was understandably pissed at the team for forcing him to show up without extending him, and now he gets to go to free agency where some other team will pay him.

    I am not sure if he was asking for too much money, he could've been, but for someone that publicly stated they wanted to be a Seahawk for the rest of his career the team really did shit on the chances of retaining one of the best by not negotiating another extension for him and forcing him to play out the last year of his deal.

    Most big deals do not make it to the end. I think you can agree that the typical stars in the NFL renegotiate before the end of a contract. This is fairly common so I am not sure why it is confusing to you.
    So wait, NFL teams are now just obliged to hand out another contract to a player just because he wants one? What the hell.

    Earl Thomas was not a newly-drafted player when he signed his extension in 2014.
    Earl Thomas was not subject to the franchise tag when he signed his extension in 2014.
    If Earl Thomas didn't want his contract to end in 2019 he should not have signed it.

    He had full control over his situation and he chose to take that deal in 2014. A professional in any industry abides by their contract and they do so without giving people the bird or acting like a petulant little baby. The Le'veon Bell saga I kind of understand, he had no control over what was going on, but Thomas did. Thomas signed that deal as a veteran player and could've gone wherever he wanted. I'm sure somebody would've given him another year or two without much fuss.

    But he didn't. He has to deal with that and not go whining like a blubbering piss-baby to the media about it.

  8. #30
    Huevos Rancheros Burque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    6,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptnSUG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So wait, NFL teams are now just obliged to hand out another contract to a player just because he wants one? What the hell.

    Earl Thomas was not a newly-drafted player when he signed his extension in 2014.
    Earl Thomas was not subject to the franchise tag when he signed his extension in 2014.
    If Earl Thomas didn't want his contract to end in 2019 he should not have signed it.

    He had full control over his situation and he chose to take that deal in 2014. A professional in any industry abides by their contract and they do so without giving people the bird or acting like a petulant little baby. The Le'veon Bell saga I kind of understand, he had no control over what was going on, but Thomas did. Thomas signed that deal as a veteran player and could've gone wherever he wanted. I'm sure somebody would've given him another year or two without much fuss.

    But he didn't. He has to deal with that and not go whining like a blubbering piss-baby to the media about it.
    And despite everything you just wrote, you simply don't understand how the team did him dirty, that's exactly what I expected you to come back with.



    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    The large print giveth and the small print taketh away.

  9. #31
    All-Star vabearsfan15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,121

    Default

    Safeties are relatively cheap compared to other positions...no?

    Maybe that is strong safety..?

    Let the market dictate price. Not sure what market cap looks like right now.

    At worse I think the staff really likes Houston-Carson. Him, a cheap vet, and maybe a nice rookie safety duel it out...

  10. #32
    All-Star CaptnSUG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Wellington NZ
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And despite everything you just wrote, you simply don't understand how the team did him dirty, that's exactly what I expected you to come back with.



    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    The team did not do him dirty by asking him to play on a contract that he signed. Sorry, that's fucking crazy talk. Earl Thomas got every cent of $40,000,000 and you think he was "done dirty". Fucking insane.

  11. #33
    Huevos Rancheros Burque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    6,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptnSUG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The team did not do him dirty by asking him to play on a contract that he signed. Sorry, that's fucking crazy talk. Earl Thomas got every cent of $40,000,000 and you think he was "done dirty". Fucking insane.
    LoL. They treated him perfectly.

    So perfectly that the over/under on him being in a Seahawks uniform next year is how low?

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    The large print giveth and the small print taketh away.

  12. #34
    All-Star CaptnSUG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Wellington NZ
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LoL. They treated him perfectly.

    So perfectly that the over/under on him being in a Seahawks uniform next year is how low?

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    The reason for that is that Earl Thomas is a stupid, crying baby who does not know how to step up and do his fucking job without acting like a toddler. The last thing I want to Earl Thomas joining the Bears and putting these crazy ideas in the locker room that guys shouldn't play under their deals.

    Tell me, how would you feel if next off-season Allen Robinson refused to show up to camp because he didn't have enough of a long-term commitment? It'd be ridiculous!

  13. #35
    Huevos Rancheros Burque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    6,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptnSUG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The reason for that is that Earl Thomas is a stupid, crying baby who does not know how to step up and do his fucking job without acting like a toddler. The last thing I want to Earl Thomas joining the Bears and putting these crazy ideas in the locker room that guys shouldn't play under their deals.

    Tell me, how would you feel if next off-season Allen Robinson refused to show up to camp because he didn't have enough of a long-term commitment? It'd be ridiculous!
    I'd take the second round offer that Dallas offered for him. That's exactly what I'd do.

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    The large print giveth and the small print taketh away.

  14. #36
    All-Star CaptnSUG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Wellington NZ
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd take the second round offer that Dallas offered for him. That's exactly what I'd do.

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Why on earth would a playoff team trade the best safety in the NFL for a second round pick? Seattle would have to be fucking crazy to do that.

  15. #37
    Huevos Rancheros Burque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    6,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptnSUG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why on earth would a playoff team trade the best safety in the NFL for a second round pick? Seattle would have to be fucking crazy to do that.
    Instead they lost him forever, and injuries tend to follow hold out ftr.

    Shoulda taken the pick.

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    The large print giveth and the small print taketh away.

  16. #38
    Huevos Rancheros Burque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    6,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptnSUG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why on earth would a playoff team trade the best safety in the NFL for a second round pick? Seattle would have to be fucking crazy to do that.
    Also, they should've done it cause he was holding out and they weren't going to pay him.

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    The large print giveth and the small print taketh away.

  17. #39
    All-Star CaptnSUG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Wellington NZ
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Instead they lost him forever, and injuries tend to follow hold out ftr.

    Shoulda taken the pick.

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    So wait, the Seahawks are stupid for not foreseeing him breaking his leg?

    I'm done. You've got off the reservation.

  18. #40
    Huevos Rancheros Burque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    6,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptnSUG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So wait, the Seahawks are stupid for not foreseeing him breaking his leg?

    I'm done. You've got off the reservation.
    Nice attempt at a troll job...

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    The large print giveth and the small print taketh away.

  19. #41
    All-Star CaptnSUG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Wellington NZ
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice attempt at a troll job...

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Breh you didn't make a single point at all throughout your entire weird rant. Don't project your shit on me.

  20. #42
    Message Board Hero ijustposthere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Any-Town, USA
    Posts
    21,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptnSUG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So wait, the Seahawks are stupid for not foreseeing him breaking his leg?

    I'm done. You've got off the reservation.
    No, it's obvious Thomas is stupid for not foreseeing him breaking his leg.
    You win message board hero.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by BuddyRyans46 Hidden Content
    to all of the people calling me a fecal alligator.....i will accept your apologies after this Friday's presser. I trust my sources.
    Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll be among the stars. Proceed to the next level.

    Hidden Content
    We have to make sense of this nonsense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •