Earl Thomas/Honey Badger

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
So I think Amos will cost too much to bring back. What do you think the market will be like for Earl Thomas and Tyrann Mathieu? Would love to see Earl Thomas here on a prove it deal after his injury.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
The way Earl Thomas conducted himself this season is was extremely immature and unprofessional.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Earl will be way too much for us i would think.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If we can't afford Amos, we probably can't afford Honey Badger. Thomas - maybe if he comes at a discount because he wants to play on a badass defense.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Of the three big name safeties hitting the market (Thomas, Mathieu and Collins) I half expected Mathieu to get the most money.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I would agree, but he will be 30 coming off a broken leg.

And he gave the finger to his own sideline somehow blaming them for the fact he signed a veteran contract and suddenly didn't like the terms he agreed to when he signed it.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Honey Badger might make the big play every now and then but the dude is garbage overall. He's just a name at this point; the Colts picked on him all game long last weekend,

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And he gave the finger to his own sideline somehow blaming them for the fact he signed a veteran contract and suddenly didn't like the terms he agreed to when he signed it.

Pretty sure he was blaming them for not doing right him by giving him a long term deal or trading him to someone that would. He gave that team his all and they rewarded him by forcing him to play on a one year deal or sit out like Bell and have fans pissed at you for doing so.

So yeah fuck Seattle. If you don't want to pay the guy then trade him to someone who will as he paid his dues to you.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We'll line up with Bush as SS and be OK.m Once a roster gets you begin to lose players to FA. Hope your GM has a clue and next up. I think Callahan is more important but the same goes for him if he gets too costly.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure he was blaming them for not doing right him by giving him a long term deal or trading him to someone that would. He gave that team his all and they rewarded him by forcing him to play on a one year deal or sit out like Bell and have fans pissed at you for doing so.

So yeah fuck Seattle. If you don't want to pay the guy then trade him to someone who will as he paid his dues to you.

He signed that contract on his volition! If he didn't fucking like it he shouldn't have signed it. To act the way he did was ridiculous.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Honey Badger might make the big play every now and then but the dude is garbage overall. He's just a name at this point; the Colts picked on him all game long last weekend,

idiots need to read this ^^^

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We have no money.

Better question, how good do you think Deon Bush will be as a starter?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
We have no money.

Good enough but not great. Similar to Amos....with the edge to Amos. As long and Jackson is healthy and the bears continue to have a strong pass rush then bush will be fine.

That said, the offense needs to take a significant step and start winning games and picking up the D here and there if the bears want to be legit contenders. I think they’re on the right track.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
We have no money.

Cutting Trevathan will free up enough money for Amos next season. I'm more comfortable at ILB depth than Safety at this point. Keep those two guys back there.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Cutting Trevathan will free up enough money for Amos next season. I'm more comfortable at ILB depth than Safety at this point. Keep those two guys back there.
Kwiat is not a starter, who are you replacing Trevathan with

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Humorous that a lot of posters throw Trevathan around like he's expendable...

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:

I must disagree. Trevathan is a better player and Bush is a better backup than Kwi imo. I was just posing the question. As far as my opinion, I'd let Callahan and Amos walk and let McManis play nickel and Bush and Jackson at safety. The defense is still strong with these guys in, the OL needs help and there are some guys that need extensions.