Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brewers Sign Yindall. Time for Cubs to do SOMETHING

Veteran

And not only did the Brewers improve at catcher, but the Cards have Goldschmidt

The Pirates and Cinci are

better

Personally, I think the Central will be a 3 team race between the Cubs, Brewers and Cards

But if the Cubs win the division by 10 games, I will apologize

But I don't see it

Veteran

The Brewers didn't overperform in 2018

Plus the Cards now have Goldschmidt.

This should be a 3 team race among the Cubs, Cards and Brewers

And the Pirates and Cinci are better.

If the Cubs win by 10 games, I will admit my mistake.

Nobody expected the brewers to compete last year. They were a year away. NOBODY expected Yelich to be even close to an MVP, just like NOBODY expected Baez to be the man here.

The central is catching up to the talent level on the cubs, nothing wrong with that. They all beat the cubs in the going for the throat mentality of winning every game not squeaking out 2/3 and winning series. Cubs win 2 games and third game is 16" beer league softball.

Theo sees it, that is why he is starting to ride Maddon.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

As far as the Cards and crew go. Cubs just need to win the games that they are supposed to and try to win most of their match ups. Getting into who is on paper really doesn't mean much honestly when the teams are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by garapp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's mid January, TheoJed

Just sayin'
    Baseball isn't about matching teams blow for blow by signing someone.

All-Star

The Brewers didn't overperform in 2018
    You keep saying this, and it keeps being not true.

Veteran

Yelich didn't overperform....Hader either

Season hasn't started yet, Dude

Talk to me in Sept when the Cubs are fighting it out with Milwaukee and St Lou

.282/.369/.439/.807 ops 18 home runs and 81 rbi
    to
    .326/.402/.598/1.000 ops 36 home runs 110 rbi

is over performing. The only thing he did not improve upon was he still struck out 135 times, but it did drop from 137 so I guess he did too.

Please excuse my using stats to support an argument. Just slow down man, they are gonna think you are an additional anotheridiot login.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

All-Star

Yelich hit .367 with 25 HRs in the second half, "dude," and his HR/FB ratio was an ungodly 48.1%. His career HR/FB ratio is around 20%. And you've yet to rebut the Brewers' Pythagorean W-L, almost certainly because you don't even know what that is. This exchange is over because it's blatantly obvious you don't have the slightest clue what the fuck you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbeard View Post
    Yelich hit .367 with 25 HRs in the second half, "dude," and his HR/FB ratio was an ungodly 48.1%. His career HR/FB ratio is around 20%. And you've yet to rebut the Brewers' Pythagorean W-L, almost certainly because you don't even know what that is. This exchange is over because it's blatantly obvious you don't have the slightest clue what the fuck you're talking about.
    Don't forget about Hader....lights out for most of the season but they started to get to him late. I don't think he'll be so untouchable this year. I think hitters were finally realizing that it's mostly motion with him and his FB isn't 100, it's 93-94.

Veteran

Yelich didnt overproduce-He took advantage of a new ball club

Harder didn't overproduce

Call me in Sept and we will see who is wrong

All-Star

Yelich didnt overproduce-He took advantage of a new ball club

Harder didn't overproduce

Call me in Sept and we will see who is wrong
    Yelich hit 15 more homers than he'd ever hit before. His had career highs in BA and OBP each by 26 points. His SLG was over 100 points higher than ever in his career. If he "took advantage" of something, tell me what other than knowing Braun.

Can you say it's the park? In his two seasons before 2018, albeit in less than 40 PA, he had a slash line of .241/.405/.310 with only 2 Doubles.

Clearly something clicked, but to say that's his new norm is something else.

Veteran

So, did Yelich hit 25 homers with mirrors?Did opposing pitchers pitch underhand to him?

The Brewers just improved greatly at catcher, have a much better farm system than the Cubs, and oh yeah, they won the division, albeit barely over the Cubs

Quick making it sound like the Cubs win the division eAsily

Ain't gonna happen

All-Star

So, did Yelich hit 25 homers with mirrors?Did opposing pitchers pitch underhand to him?

The Brewers just improved greatly at catcher, have a much better farm system than the Cubs, and oh yeah, they won the division, albeit barely over the Cubs

Quick making it sound like the Cubs win the division eAsily

Ain't gonna happen
    No one is saying it'll be easy. What we're pointing out is that their top hitter had a year much better than he's ever had. Cain had his best season ever. Aguilar had his best season by 19 HR, 10 points in BA, 20 points in OBP, and over 30 points in SLG. Yelich is the only one who was relatively young and he still had over 4 season in the majors going into the season.

Then combine that with Braynt being injured and missing a good portion of the year, the loss of two closers, and a guy expected to be a top 3 in your rotation being hurt all year, and the Cubs win 95 games still and played their last 30 in 31 days then played a tie-breaker and then played the WC game.

Then add in that the Brewers will have expectations this year. Cubs have been playing with them since 2016. Through 41 games last year the Brewers were 25-16 while the Cubs were 23-18. The Cubs also had 5 games postponed due to weather by this point and had a 6th the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Castor76 View Post
    No one is saying it'll be easy. What we're pointing out is that their top hitter had a year much better than he's ever had. Cain had his best season ever. Aguilar had his best season by 19 HR, 10 points in BA, 20 points in OBP, and over 30 points in SLG. Yelich is the only one who was relatively young and he still had over 4 season in the majors going into the season.

Then combine that with Braynt being injured and missing a good portion of the year, the loss of two closers, and a guy expected to be a top 3 in your rotation being hurt all year, and the Cubs win 95 games still and played their last 30 in 31 days then played a tie-breaker and then played the WC game.

Then add in that the Brewers will have expectations this year. Cubs have been playing with them since 2016. Through 41 games last year the Brewers were 25-16 while the Cubs were 23-18. The Cubs also had 5 games postponed due to weather by this point and had a 6th the next day.
    I really think that in the next MLB working contract should address scheduling where they use climtology data to set up game locations. I for one wouldn't mind seeing April more of single series then moving to a warmer location even using interleague to keep the weather factor to a min. Then weigh home games heavier in the mid season.

Or go back to using the double header. That was the solution and moving away has caused the current situation where teams have 4-5 games to make up.

All-Star

Another thing to look at is the Brewers were 33-19 in 1 run games. That's an amazing record. If that comes back at all to being closer to .500, it's a step backwards for them.

Rookie

This is arguably going to be the best team the Cubs have fielded during this 5 year run. After 2019 the cubs are going to start losing key pieces from this team. The Window is closing in the next 2 years, especially from a pitching standpoint. If you arenít going to spend this year, whatís the point? I personally think Machado is the best move possible for the Cubs. He can play Ss for a year or two, slide Baez back to second, cut Russell. If Bryant doesnít extend then Machado slides over to 3rd, no brainer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12