Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 45 to 66 of 124

Thread: Bears Mock Offseason Version 1

  1. #45
    Black Boy Fly Camden Cutler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaBaBlacksheep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just can't see the Bears signing Hunt. Virginia likely vetos that one.
    i can't see it either...but damn it'd be nice

  2. #46
    Vagabond Wannabe iueyedoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This times infinity.

    Scales is just as much to blame for the Parkey missed FG as Parkey himself.

    If Scales isnt gone next year I will not watch a single long snap of Bears football.
    That is patently false.

  3. #47
    Monday Morning QB playthrough2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Club
    Posts
    5,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will be ecstatic to see P.O'Donnell finally gone who i've been wanting gone since after his first year, I think we absolutely start the year with C.Parkey as our kicker and let him kick to keep his job. If he starts missing kicks inside say 45 yards then we cut him but no way do i blow a draft pick on a kicker when until this year C.Parkey has always proven himself to be a good kicker and even been to the pro bowl and i'm loving it every time i see anyone on here finally coming around on my boy Bellamy.
    Come on dabears, they can't bring him back. There's no way. The fan base would revolt. His teammates had his back publicly but they would be pissed too if he's back. The kid is a pariah.

  4. #48
    All-Star dabears70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    16,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaytonHighstep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been waiting years for the Bears to draft well enough to obtain comp picks. I hope you're right with your projections on those. I think there is a definite advantage to drafting well in the middle rounds, creating value, re-signing half those players, letting half walk and gaining comp picks. I hope this continues to be the trend. Pace drafts well in those middle rounds and it could be a huge draft pick windfall for him moving forward.

    Teams can't keep everyone, so to get comp picks for letting players go in FA is the ideal way to stay competitive and keep your roster relatively young. Keep your core together, but gain comp picks letting the supporting cast go in FA.

    Yeah and i think that Pace has built this team to be pretty deep and that there's backups on this team that can step up and replace a starter whether it's full time or as a rotation with another player to fill a lost starters spot. I think D.Bush showed some good things in his few games that he replaced E.Jackson and think he could end up being a good combo with Eddie playing back at FS and Bush at SS laying the wood (not that wood) and i'm not 100 on this like windy might be but i also think Coward can take over that starting RT spot. Replacing the starters we lose with players we already have on the roster is what will help us get those comp picks. Now we only saw Coward go against backups and guys that probably aren't even still in the league in his preseason games but he still looked pretty good for a guy just making the transition and being on the PS last year should of really helped him get better.

  5. #49
    Huevos Rancheros Burque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    6,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaytonHighstep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right, I'm glad this organization is in the position to get comp picks finally. I think it's a savvy way to build roster depth and stay youthful if navigated properly each offseason. Keep the core together and gain comp picks by letting guys go in FA. I'm one that thinks a guy like Amos is replaceable, along with Massie. Don't overspend keeping pieces like that around, draft to replace them in the middle rounds if possible.
    I have to disagree, If you can get Amos for 6-7 million, just write the check.

    If he is demanding 9-10 let him go.
    The large print giveth and the small print taketh away.

  6. #50
    All-Star dabears70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    16,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That would really be too bad.

    The Bears are in the financial/competitive window where they need to explore these types of deals with talented players with some baggage.
    If not Hunt then there are some interesting pass catching RB's in free agency this offseason to go with Cohen.

    T.Coleman
    Bilal Powell
    Ty Montgomery
    A.Collins
    JD McKissic

  7. #51
    All-Star BearDown1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If not Hunt then there are some interesting pass catching RB's in free agency this offseason to go with Cohen.

    T.Coleman
    Bilal Powell
    Ty Montgomery
    A.Collins
    JD McKissic
    How do you consider Collins a pass catching back? His best season catching balls was 23 receptions. He's not really known for his hands.

  8. #52
    All-Star dabears70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    16,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is broken mentally.

    He cannot be allowed to cost the Bears more games.
    How can you say he's broken mentally though? You aren't in his head, but i do agree with you it became a mental thing this year but that doesn't mean that he's now mentally broken for his career. Kickers are fickle like relief pitchers are where they can have a bad year and turn it around the following year and i think with what he's done in his past kicking jobs that he's at least earned the right to prove he's over it mentally and then play it by ear. I also understand that it's still playing a dangerous game cause he could have a good year and then get iced in a big game or in the playoffs and......doink, but he could be just fine. I think with us being as cash strapped as we are and with his proven past that he at least deserves to start the year off with us and take it from there.

    Some of the best kickers in the NFL had horrible games and years last year and turned it around and it's happened to many in the past as well. I'm pretty sure D.Carlson turned his year around after Minn dropped him and Oak signed him last year and Minn spent a high pick on him last year. Again....kickers are fickle and can change things around from year to year.

  9. #53
    All-Star WindyCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    23,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How can you say he's broken mentally though? You aren't in his head, but i do agree with you it became a mental thing this year but that doesn't mean that he's now mentally broken for his career. Kickers are fickle like relief pitchers are where they can have a bad year and turn it around the following year and i think with what he's done in his past kicking jobs that he's at least earned the right to prove he's over it mentally and then play it by ear. I also understand that it's still playing a dangerous game cause he could have a good year and then get iced in a big game or in the playoffs and......doink, but he could be just fine. I think with us being as cash strapped as we are and with his proven past that he at least deserves to start the year off with us and take it from there.

    Some of the best kickers in the NFL had horrible games and years last year and turned it around and it's happened to many in the past as well. I'm pretty sure D.Carlson turned his year around after Minn dropped him and Oak signed him last year and Minn spent a high pick on him last year. Again....kickers are fickle and can change things around from year to year.
    You do not know that he is not broken.

    11 missed kicks, 6 uprights, now he is on his own little media pity party. That sounds broken to me.

    If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck....

  10. #54
    All-Star dennehy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Jewels to get a case of Squirt
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    I think it'd be very hard for Parkey to stand over a pressure kick at Soldier Field and not think about hitting an upright. And it's 98% mental for a kicker.

  11. #55
    All-Star dabears70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    16,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playthrough2001 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come on dabears, they can't bring him back. There's no way. The fan base would revolt. His teammates had his back publicly but they would be pissed too if he's back. The kid is a pariah.
    Listen i'm as pissed as any Bears fan but you're just making assumptions on how the players would really feel and obviously all the fans wouldn't be against it unless i'm by myself here....hello.....is anyone there? LOL.

    I get it but the kid has proven himself and IMO deserves to start the season off with us. I won't be mad at all if he isn't though but it also won't bother me if he is. Now if he starts missing field goals and costs us a game and is still back the following week then i'd feel differently about it.

  12. #56
    All-Star dabears70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    16,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BearDown1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How do you consider Collins a pass catching back? His best season catching balls was 23 receptions. He's not really known for his hands.
    Lets go ahead and scratch him off the list then. For some reason i thought he was a good pass catcher.

  13. #57
    All-Star BearDown1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Listen i'm as pissed as any Bears fan but you're just making assumptions on how the players would really feel and obviously all the fans wouldn't be against it unless i'm by myself here....hello.....is anyone there? LOL.

    I get it but the kid has proven himself and IMO deserves to start the season off with us. I won't be mad at all if he isn't though but it also won't bother me if he is. Now if he starts missing field goals and costs us a game and is still back the following week then i'd feel differently about it.
    Proven himself to what? Proved he can be one of the highest paid kickers in the league and one of the most inaccurate in the same year?

  14. #58
    All-Star anotheridiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,206

    Default

    Is there anyone on the roster that could be traded get us a first or second round pick?

    I cant see paying whitehair 40 million, like long got, like hicks and goldman got. He is still getting consistent snapping the ball and has Daniels that is probably better at that than whitehair ever will be.

    I hope Bellamy just goes away.

    People are saying Callahan is gonna get around 7 million, from a team that probably plays less Nickel than Fangio did. He is going. With Tolliver around and a good player, they need to look at adjusting the secondary. Prince is OK but has issues, maybe the answer is moving him inside.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

  15. #59
    All-Star anotheridiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How can you say he's broken mentally though? You aren't in his head, but i do agree with you it became a mental thing this year but that doesn't mean that he's now mentally broken for his career. Kickers are fickle like relief pitchers are where they can have a bad year and turn it around the following year and i think with what he's done in his past kicking jobs that he's at least earned the right to prove he's over it mentally and then play it by ear. I also understand that it's still playing a dangerous game cause he could have a good year and then get iced in a big game or in the playoffs and......doink, but he could be just fine. I think with us being as cash strapped as we are and with his proven past that he at least deserves to start the year off with us and take it from there.

    Some of the best kickers in the NFL had horrible games and years last year and turned it around and it's happened to many in the past as well. I'm pretty sure D.Carlson turned his year around after Minn dropped him and Oak signed him last year and Minn spent a high pick on him last year. Again....kickers are fickle and can change things around from year to year.
    The reason I believe even the bears have concerns is that they did not even bring someone in to challenge him when he hit 4 uprights in one game. Yes, next weekend he was player of the week, but at least get some competition. If he gets beat out in camp then pick the better kicker.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

  16. #60
    Vagabond Wannabe iueyedoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Prince is OK but has issues, maybe the answer is moving him inside.
    Ah the ol' move him to safety plan.

  17. #61
    All-Star dabears70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    16,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BearDown1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Proven himself to what? Proved he can be one of the highest paid kickers in the league and one of the most inaccurate in the same year?
    Proved himself to be good enough to make the pro bowl which he has done.

  18. #62
    All-Star BearDown1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Proved himself to be good enough to make the pro bowl which he has done.
    lol in 2015, come on.

  19. #63
    Neo-noir author wickerkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mundelein
    Posts
    4,048

    Default

    Parkey was not good this year. #27th in FG % and #24th in XP %. GOOD. BYE.
    WINTER IS COMING.

    #BEARDOWN

  20. #64
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Will this offseason likely result in Comp Picks for us in the 2020 draft?

  21. #65
    All-Star WindyCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    23,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BearDown1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol in 2015, come on.
    I was able to dunk in 2015.

    In 2018 I pulled my quad kicking a soccer ball to a kid in the gym.

  22. #66
    All-Star WindyCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    23,986

    Default

    TE is an under rated need.

    Burton-unreliable

    Shaheen-looks like just a blocker

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •