Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bears Mock Offseason Version 1

Monday Morning QB playthrough2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Listen i'm as pissed as any Bears fan but you're just making assumptions on how the players would really feel and obviously all the fans wouldn't be against it unless i'm by myself here....hello.....is anyone there? LOL.

I get it but the kid has proven himself and IMO deserves to start the season off with us. I won't be mad at all if he isn't though but it also won't bother me if he is. Now if he starts missing field goals and costs us a game and is still back the following week then i'd feel differently about it.
    He also pulled his Today Show stunt without approval from the Bears. The word here in Chicago is management is pissed about it. I don't see any way they trot him out next year even in a competitive situation.

Quote Originally Posted by dennehy View Post
    I think assaulting a woman on film probably carries at least as much weight as domestic violence that isn't filmed, at least in terms of someone's hireability.
    I think that Virginia is going to watch the video ... and then have the Bears sign him as the field goal kicker.

He would not be any worse than Parkey.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    Will be ecstatic to see P.O'Donnell finally gone who i've been wanting gone since after his first year, I think we absolutely start the year with C.Parkey as our kicker and let him kick to keep his job. If he starts missing kicks inside say 45 yards then we cut him but no way do i blow a draft pick on a kicker when until this year C.Parkey has always proven himself to be a good kicker and even been to the pro bowl and i'm loving it every time i see anyone on here finally coming around on my boy Bellamy.
    You are joking, right?

#1 - there is no way that Parkey should see the the Bears locker room again. Even if he retires and becomes a sports reporter, he should be perma-banned from the locker room.

#2 - who ever said that the Bears should spend a draft pick on a field goal kicker? I posted before (not going to look them up) that talking about the best field goal kickers, they usually come as UDFAs. I think that 7 or 8 of the top current field goal kickers were UDFAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Every career has an arc.... Brandon Marshall is now a WR4/5 and he put up those numbers.

Terrel Pryor put up 1,007 yards on 77 receptions and 4 TD... granted in 16 games, but right there... I mean he is a WR4/5

Flash in the pan happens with the right context.

Cam Meredith was never a WR1/2.
    What ?? You're trolling right you can't be this fucking retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceS View Post
    Who has this kind of free time?
    Agree or disagree, right or wrong, itís a great effort!

Robbie Gould coming back would be a bit of a pill to swallow for management. Given what they had after they cut him, how many guys, they look pretty silly. Fine with it personally. Pagano would be great. Aside from being a survivor, he may be the type gut that is better as a DC than HC and no slight intended.

The rest is well reasoned conjecture at this point. I think we can look forward to next year.

Absolutely not to Hunt. This team has a great vibe right now, the Bears don't need to deal with that, and we as fans shouldn't be okay with that even as a shortcut.

Gould would be a great addition though

All-Star

Windy, have to give you props for seeing the need to have a legit Burton backup. This offense runs through that flex TE position, and losing him for the playoffs hurt. Brawn just wasnt able to fill that role. Imo, it is the mist critical off-season need.

Other than that, it's hard to disagree with anything. I also doubt the Hunt signing will happen, but it isnt a critical pickup, so it efinitely no need to make it the focus of debate.

PS....i do hope Gould is back!

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceS View Post
    Who has this kind of free time?
    And youíre a fucking moderator of a message board ya tool.

Love it. Very interesting to read and obviously took a lot of effort.

My only issue is the Hunt signing. After the Patrick McDonald debacle, there ainít no way the McCaskeys are signing off on signing a woman-beating caught-on-camera NFL pariah. Itís just not going to happen. Just grab a RB in the 4th or 5th or find a vet minimum guy if youíre truly hard up for a HB in 2019, because Hunt ainít happening.

Quote Originally Posted by BearDown1 View Post
    lol in 2015, come on.
    A whole 3 years ago....that's a lifetime.........it's a fucking kicker so i don't think that it was 3 years ago matters at all.

All-Star

Would be nice to somehow save money on Daniel's contract. Restructure to push some bonus money into the future to try to extend guys now and deal with the repercussions when there is more available cap to work?

Quote Originally Posted by playthrough2001 View Post
    He also pulled his Today Show stunt without approval from the Bears. The word here in Chicago is management is pissed about it. I don't see any way they trot him out next year even in a competitive situation.
    Yeah that was a little odd but probably just a good talking to is all he'll get but we will see. Like i said i wouldn't care much if they did cut him and signed another kicker but i'm just not sure they will. I'd be willing to bet if they do that he'll be the kicker for another team next year. So we'd have to eat his $3.5 mil he's guaranteed next year and then whatever it costs to sign another kicker though and we don't have much money to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoBoxer View Post
    You are joking, right?

#1 - there is no way that Parkey should see the the Bears locker room again. Even if he retires and becomes a sports reporter, he should be perma-banned from the locker room.

#2 - who ever said that the Bears should spend a draft pick on a field goal kicker? I posted before (not going to look them up) that talking about the best field goal kickers, they usually come as UDFAs. I think that 7 or 8 of the top current field goal kickers were UDFAs.
    I was replying to Windy's mock where he has us drafting a kicker.

And no i'm not joking

Imagine if they bring Parkey back and he misses another FG to win a game. He'll be hanging from the goal post.

Oline Sign trent Brown keep coward keep witz or sowell draft 1 olinemen sign white hair in 2020 and at no more than 8 million a year.
    Oline done. Long(restructured) Leno Daniels.

Safety Sign anthony harris for 4-7 million a year deon bush Eddie Jackson and draft a safety/corner maybe get a depth guy for good measure

CB start mcmanis at slot kyle prince toliver and a draft player.

Dline has bullard rrh Goldman Nichols hicks a cheap depth guy

OLB floyd(don't resign) Mack Irving fitts draft pick

ILB trevathan Smith Iggy kwiatkoski

Draft kicker & punter or undrafted pick up sign new long snapper.

Wr Miller Robinson Gabriel bellamy wims a speedster drafted or undraft

Rb howard(please trade) Cohen nall(FB H back technically) draft

TE brunecker burton shaheen sign a blocking TE.

QB trubisky Daniels

That's a top 51 get maybe 1 more cornerback and QB depth.

My mock draft isnt done so i haven't filled out some blanks yet but this is a rough rough draft of what id do.

Is it just me or did even the kicks that Parkey did make look weak? Like too much spin and a lot of them hugging the goal posts both left and right. This reminds me of the Cundif issue that the Ravens had. They ended up with Tucker, and he has been a great kicker for them.

We need to move on from Parkey, unlike Gould he has been very poor even with the ones he has made..

I would like to have Robbie back or draft the best kid in college, but I am not willing to risk another season on Parkey.

Additionally, they need to bring in a ST coach that specializes in kicking

I just want to say this for Parkey: what the fuck kind of scouting do the Bears do on actual NFL players? Parkey was a street FA in 2016 when the Bears were looking for a kicker and didn't even bring him in. Then a year after a random 21-23 year kicking, Pace gives him a massively guaranteed contract for a kicker. I just don't get why Pace is so god damn awful except at late round drafting. He's fucking terrible at managing assets.

With regards to the team, I would kick the tires on a Floyd deal but I can't imagine he'd take anything like the deal proposed. His fifth year next is 13mil, franchise tag around 16-18 so if he has a year like this one, the Bears would have to either have given him the option or the tag. Either scenario is far more money for him. I understand the idea of security for a player but that contract doesn't really provide him much except against catastrophic injury. I don't see how Whitehair has earned a long-term extension; I'd just let him play out the deal and see what his market is.

I'd love to get a guy (or two) on prove it type deals that Mathieu got. I think the future of football is less LB and more stuff like 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 where you can disugise and play a lot of different ways. I'd personally sign both the "distractions" (Reid and Kaepernick) because they're going to be far cheaper and more productive than similar players who do nothing different on the field. I'd let Kaepernick compete for the backup job (min salary, 100k/roster bonus per game) and sign Reid for like 2/5 (fully guarantee year one at 2M). I'd also keep Callahan on a fairly decent deal that gives him flexibility to make money if he outplays it and safety if he doesn't. I'd keep Bellamy on a cheap two year deal with only one guaranteed.

I'd restructure Long's deal and give a decent one year deal to Ty Neshke. He's been solid the few times I've ever seen him replace Trent Williams and that is enough for me to give him a one year deal to kind of bridge the gap to either a draft pick or a better long-term FA next season when the cap isn't as much an issue.

At TE I'm guying boom/bust with Tyler Effiert on a 1/5 deal. If he's healthy, he's a dynamic two TE set with Burton but even if he's not, you still have to like what you have.

I'm trading Jordan Howard to the Jags for their #4 (103). You'd have to figure the Jags spend a pick on a RB and Howard fits exactly what they want to run while being cheap enough to give them a shot at finding a QB who gives them a chance at competing in 2019. I'm trading down in the draft to get #96 + #195 for #88. I'm flipping trading a conditional 2020 pick to the Broncos for Devante Booker. Gives the Bears a more legitimate sized every down back and someone with good hands out of the backfield. He's going to part of the group of guys competing for PT.

At punter, I'm trying Marquette King out as a guy I think still can kick in this league and could be had cheaply.

My draft
    #96 - JoeJuan Williams - CB - Vanderbilt
    #103 - Isiah Prince - OT - Ohio State
    #120 - Myles Gaskin - RB - Washington
    #152 - Marvell Tell - S - USC
    #195 - Matt Gay - K - Utah
    #216 - Gardner Minshew - QB - Washington State

Final Depth Chart

QB - Trubisky, Kaepernick, Minshew
    RB - Gaskin, Booker, Cohen, Mizell
    WR - Robinson, Gabriel, Miller, Wims, Bellamy, Gardner
    TE - Burton, Eifert, Shaheen, Braunecker
    T - Leno, Neshke, Prince, Coward
    G - Daniels, Long, DJ Fluker
    C - Whitehair

DL - Goldman, Hicks, Nichols, Bullard, Robertson-Harris
    OLB - Mack, Floyd, Fitts, Vaughters
    ILB - Smith, Trevethan, Iyiegbuniwe,
    CB - Fuller, Prince, Callahan, McMannis, J. Williams
    S - Jackson, Reid, Tell, Bush, Houston-Carson

K - Gay
    P - King
    LS -

Quote Originally Posted by DanTown View Post
    I just want to say this for Parkey: what the fuck kind of scouting do the Bears do on actual NFL players? Parkey was a street FA in 2016 when the Bears were looking for a kicker and didn't even bring him in. Then a year after a random 21-23 year kicking, Pace gives him a massively guaranteed contract for a kicker. I just don't get why Pace is so god damn awful except at late round drafting. He's fucking terrible at managing assets.

With regards to the team, I would kick the tires on a Floyd deal but I can't imagine he'd take anything like the deal proposed. His fifth year next is 13mil, franchise tag around 16-18 so if he has a year like this one, the Bears would have to either have given him the option or the tag. Either scenario is far more money for him. I understand the idea of security for a player but that contract doesn't really provide him much except against catastrophic injury. I don't see how Whitehair has earned a long-term extension; I'd just let him play out the deal and see what his market is.

I'd love to get a guy (or two) on prove it type deals that Mathieu got. I think the future of football is less LB and more stuff like 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 where you can disugise and play a lot of different ways. I'd personally sign both the "distractions" (Reid and Kaepernick) because they're going to be far cheaper and more productive than similar players who do nothing different on the field. I'd let Kaepernick compete for the backup job (min salary, 100k/roster bonus per game) and sign Reid for like 2/5 (fully guarantee year one at 2M). I'd also keep Callahan on a fairly decent deal that gives him flexibility to make money if he outplays it and safety if he doesn't. I'd keep Bellamy on a cheap two year deal with only one guaranteed.

I'd restructure Long's deal and give a decent one year deal to Ty Neshke. He's been solid the few times I've ever seen him replace Trent Williams and that is enough for me to give him a one year deal to kind of bridge the gap to either a draft pick or a better long-term FA next season when the cap isn't as much an issue.

At TE I'm guying boom/bust with Tyler Effiert on a 1/5 deal. If he's healthy, he's a dynamic two TE set with Burton but even if he's not, you still have to like what you have.

I'm trading Jordan Howard to the Jags for their #4 (103). You'd have to figure the Jags spend a pick on a RB and Howard fits exactly what they want to run while being cheap enough to give them a shot at finding a QB who gives them a chance at competing in 2019. I'm trading down in the draft to get #96 + #195 for #88. I'm flipping trading a conditional 2020 pick to the Broncos for Devante Booker. Gives the Bears a more legitimate sized every down back and someone with good hands out of the backfield. He's going to part of the group of guys competing for PT.

At punter, I'm trying Marquette King out as a guy I think still can kick in this league and could be had cheaply.

My draft

Final Depth Chart

T - Leno, Neshke, Prince, Coward
    G - Daniels, Long, DJ Fluker
    C - Whitehair

DL - Goldman, Hicks, Nichols, Bullard, Robertson-Harris
    OLB - Mack, Floyd, Fitts, Vaughters
    ILB - Smith, Trevethan, Iyiegbuniwe,
    CB - Fuller, Prince, Callahan, McMannis, J. Williams
    S - Jackson, Reid, Tell, Bush, Houston-Carson

K - Gay
    P - King
    LS -
    Must be a libtard

Quote Originally Posted by Midway Mitch View Post
    And youíre a fucking moderator of a message board ya tool.
    Heís a mod?! He should be ecstatic someone puts this much though and depth in his posts and heís not even getting paid by CCS. CCS should pay windy to write shit for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post
    Depth Chart

QB: Trubisky, Daniel
    RB: Howard, Hunt, Cohen, McKissic
    WR: Robinson, Gabriel, Miller, Bellamy, Wims
    TE: Burton, Shaheen, Williams, Braunecker
    LT: Leno, Sowell
    LG: Daniels, Bars
    C: Whitehair
    RG: Long, Witzmann
    RT: Coward, Frantz

RE: RRH, Bullard
    NT: Goldman, Nichols
    LE: Hicks, Heath
    OLB: Floyd, Jelks
    ILB: Trevathan, Kwiatowski
    ILB: Smith, Iggy
    OLB: Mack, Irving, Fitts
    CB: Fuller, Prince, Callahan, Tolliver, Diggs, McManis
    FS: Jackson, DHC
    SS: Bush, Parker

K: Gould
    P: Wishnowsky
    LS: Scales
    i was all good with most things..but let's keep O'donnell as our Punter and draft a extra WR and try Kevin White out again next season and let these two battle for that # 6 spot. White did stay healthy this season and i like the WR core we had this year. Just thinking having these WR dudes around for mitchell to develop more.
    Hidden Content
    1.Walter Payton
    #52 K.MACK
    Brian Urlacher
    Mike Brown
    Devin Hester
    Thomas Jones
    NAGY
    ANT MILLER

BANNED

There are some interesting ideas in this thread and the OP is high-effort, which is always a lot of fun to read, but ultimately the team is getting worse in every one of these off-season mocks. There is no bold move that puts the Bears over the top, and as a team that lost in the Wild Card Round they are desperately in need of such a move.

I particularly hate the idea of overreacting to the Parkey meltdown by making the same mistake again with Gould. What they should do is bring in a bunch of UDFA's and street guys and let the best man win. If a guy can handle the stress of day-in, day-out having every practice of training camp being the difference in him having an NFL career or not having an NFL career...then he can handle the stress of making the kick that Parkey missed. We dont need an expensive, entitled free agent. We need a guy who is going to compete for and win a job.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTown View Post

My draft

Final Depth Chart