Bears Mock Offseason Version 1

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Oline Sign trent Brown keep coward keep witz or sowell draft 1 olinemen sign white hair in 2020 and at no more than 8 million a year.
Oline done. Long(restructured) Leno Daniels.

Safety Sign anthony harris for 4-7 million a year deon bush Eddie Jackson and draft a safety/corner maybe get a depth guy for good measure

CB start mcmanis at slot kyle prince toliver and a draft player.

Dline has bullard rrh Goldman Nichols hicks a cheap depth guy

OLB floyd(don't resign) Mack Irving fitts draft pick

ILB trevathan Smith Iggy kwiatkoski

Draft kicker & punter or undrafted pick up sign new long snapper.

Wr Miller Robinson Gabriel bellamy wims a speedster drafted or undraft

Rb howard(please trade) Cohen nall(FB H back technically) draft

TE brunecker burton shaheen sign a blocking TE.

QB trubisky Daniels

That's a top 51 get maybe 1 more cornerback and QB depth.

My mock draft isnt done so i haven't filled out some blanks yet but this is a rough rough draft of what id do.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Is it just me or did even the kicks that Parkey did make look weak? Like too much spin and a lot of them hugging the goal posts both left and right. This reminds me of the Cundif issue that the Ravens had. They ended up with Tucker, and he has been a great kicker for them.

We need to move on from Parkey, unlike Gould he has been very poor even with the ones he has made..

I would like to have Robbie back or draft the best kid in college, but I am not willing to risk another season on Parkey.

Additionally, they need to bring in a ST coach that specializes in kicking

DanTown

Liked Posts:
I just want to say this for Parkey: what the fuck kind of scouting do the Bears do on actual NFL players? Parkey was a street FA in 2016 when the Bears were looking for a kicker and didn't even bring him in. Then a year after a random 21-23 year kicking, Pace gives him a massively guaranteed contract for a kicker. I just don't get why Pace is so god damn awful except at late round drafting. He's fucking terrible at managing assets.

With regards to the team, I would kick the tires on a Floyd deal but I can't imagine he'd take anything like the deal proposed. His fifth year next is 13mil, franchise tag around 16-18 so if he has a year like this one, the Bears would have to either have given him the option or the tag. Either scenario is far more money for him. I understand the idea of security for a player but that contract doesn't really provide him much except against catastrophic injury. I don't see how Whitehair has earned a long-term extension; I'd just let him play out the deal and see what his market is.

I'd love to get a guy (or two) on prove it type deals that Mathieu got. I think the future of football is less LB and more stuff like 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 where you can disugise and play a lot of different ways. I'd personally sign both the "distractions" (Reid and Kaepernick) because they're going to be far cheaper and more productive than similar players who do nothing different on the field. I'd let Kaepernick compete for the backup job (min salary, 100k/roster bonus per game) and sign Reid for like 2/5 (fully guarantee year one at 2M). I'd also keep Callahan on a fairly decent deal that gives him flexibility to make money if he outplays it and safety if he doesn't. I'd keep Bellamy on a cheap two year deal with only one guaranteed.

I'd restructure Long's deal and give a decent one year deal to Ty Neshke. He's been solid the few times I've ever seen him replace Trent Williams and that is enough for me to give him a one year deal to kind of bridge the gap to either a draft pick or a better long-term FA next season when the cap isn't as much an issue.

At TE I'm guying boom/bust with Tyler Effiert on a 1/5 deal. If he's healthy, he's a dynamic two TE set with Burton but even if he's not, you still have to like what you have.

I'm trading Jordan Howard to the Jags for their #4 (103). You'd have to figure the Jags spend a pick on a RB and Howard fits exactly what they want to run while being cheap enough to give them a shot at finding a QB who gives them a chance at competing in 2019. I'm trading down in the draft to get #96 + #195 for #88. I'm flipping trading a conditional 2020 pick to the Broncos for Devante Booker. Gives the Bears a more legitimate sized every down back and someone with good hands out of the backfield. He's going to part of the group of guys competing for PT.

At punter, I'm trying Marquette King out as a guy I think still can kick in this league and could be had cheaply.

My draft
#96 - JoeJuan Williams - CB - Vanderbilt
#103 - Isiah Prince - OT - Ohio State
#120 - Myles Gaskin - RB - Washington
#152 - Marvell Tell - S - USC
#195 - Matt Gay - K - Utah
#216 - Gardner Minshew - QB - Washington State

Final Depth Chart

QB - Trubisky, Kaepernick, Minshew
RB - Gaskin, Booker, Cohen, Mizell
WR - Robinson, Gabriel, Miller, Wims, Bellamy, Gardner
TE - Burton, Eifert, Shaheen, Braunecker
T - Leno, Neshke, Prince, Coward
G - Daniels, Long, DJ Fluker
C - Whitehair

DL - Goldman, Hicks, Nichols, Bullard, Robertson-Harris
OLB - Mack, Floyd, Fitts, Vaughters
ILB - Smith, Trevethan, Iyiegbuniwe,
CB - Fuller, Prince, Callahan, McMannis, J. Williams
S - Jackson, Reid, Tell, Bush, Houston-Carson

K - Gay
P - King
LS -

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I just want to say this for Parkey: what the fuck kind of scouting do the Bears do on actual NFL players? Parkey was a street FA in 2016 when the Bears were looking for a kicker and didn't even bring him in. Then a year after a random 21-23 year kicking, Pace gives him a massively guaranteed contract for a kicker. I just don't get why Pace is so god damn awful except at late round drafting. He's fucking terrible at managing assets.

With regards to the team, I would kick the tires on a Floyd deal but I can't imagine he'd take anything like the deal proposed. His fifth year next is 13mil, franchise tag around 16-18 so if he has a year like this one, the Bears would have to either have given him the option or the tag. Either scenario is far more money for him. I understand the idea of security for a player but that contract doesn't really provide him much except against catastrophic injury. I don't see how Whitehair has earned a long-term extension; I'd just let him play out the deal and see what his market is.

I'd love to get a guy (or two) on prove it type deals that Mathieu got. I think the future of football is less LB and more stuff like 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 where you can disugise and play a lot of different ways. I'd personally sign both the "distractions" (Reid and Kaepernick) because they're going to be far cheaper and more productive than similar players who do nothing different on the field. I'd let Kaepernick compete for the backup job (min salary, 100k/roster bonus per game) and sign Reid for like 2/5 (fully guarantee year one at 2M). I'd also keep Callahan on a fairly decent deal that gives him flexibility to make money if he outplays it and safety if he doesn't. I'd keep Bellamy on a cheap two year deal with only one guaranteed.

I'd restructure Long's deal and give a decent one year deal to Ty Neshke. He's been solid the few times I've ever seen him replace Trent Williams and that is enough for me to give him a one year deal to kind of bridge the gap to either a draft pick or a better long-term FA next season when the cap isn't as much an issue.

At TE I'm guying boom/bust with Tyler Effiert on a 1/5 deal. If he's healthy, he's a dynamic two TE set with Burton but even if he's not, you still have to like what you have.

I'm trading Jordan Howard to the Jags for their #4 (103). You'd have to figure the Jags spend a pick on a RB and Howard fits exactly what they want to run while being cheap enough to give them a shot at finding a QB who gives them a chance at competing in 2019. I'm trading down in the draft to get #96 + #195 for #88. I'm flipping trading a conditional 2020 pick to the Broncos for Devante Booker. Gives the Bears a more legitimate sized every down back and someone with good hands out of the backfield. He's going to part of the group of guys competing for PT.

At punter, I'm trying Marquette King out as a guy I think still can kick in this league and could be had cheaply.

My draft

Final Depth Chart

C - Whitehair

K - Gay
P - King
LS -
Must be a libtard

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
And you’re a fucking moderator of a message board ya tool.

He’s a mod?! He should be ecstatic someone puts this much though and depth in his posts and he’s not even getting paid by CCS. CCS should pay windy to write shit for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Depth Chart

QB: Trubisky, Daniel
RB: Howard, Hunt, Cohen, McKissic
WR: Robinson, Gabriel, Miller, Bellamy, Wims
TE: Burton, Shaheen, Williams, Braunecker
LT: Leno, Sowell
LG: Daniels, Bars
C: Whitehair
RG: Long, Witzmann
RT: Coward, Frantz

RE: RRH, Bullard
NT: Goldman, Nichols
LE: Hicks, Heath
OLB: Floyd, Jelks
ILB: Trevathan, Kwiatowski
ILB: Smith, Iggy
OLB: Mack, Irving, Fitts
CB: Fuller, Prince, Callahan, Tolliver, Diggs, McManis
FS: Jackson, DHC
SS: Bush, Parker

K: Gould
P: Wishnowsky
LS: Scales

i was all good with most things..but let's keep O'donnell as our Punter and draft a extra WR and try Kevin White out again next season and let these two battle for that # 6 spot. White did stay healthy this season and i like the WR core we had this year. Just thinking having these WR dudes around for mitchell to develop more.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
There are some interesting ideas in this thread and the OP is high-effort, which is always a lot of fun to read, but ultimately the team is getting worse in every one of these off-season mocks. There is no bold move that puts the Bears over the top, and as a team that lost in the Wild Card Round they are desperately in need of such a move.

I particularly hate the idea of overreacting to the Parkey meltdown by making the same mistake again with Gould. What they should do is bring in a bunch of UDFA's and street guys and let the best man win. If a guy can handle the stress of day-in, day-out having every practice of training camp being the difference in him having an NFL career or not having an NFL career...then he can handle the stress of making the kick that Parkey missed. We dont need an expensive, entitled free agent. We need a guy who is going to compete for and win a job.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

My draft

Final Depth Chart

C - Whitehair

K - Gay
P - King
LS -

damn..easy on the anger, man.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I have to disagree, If you can get Amos for 6-7 million, just write the check.

If he is demanding 9-10 let him go.

I don't view him as a core piece. I think he had a nice year, but I think with this defense you can find a cheaper version of Amos. He was really good this year, but he also had a defensive line getting pressure like we haven't seen in awhile and Roquan Smith's speed in front of him. Keep money free for the front 7 and Trubisky.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I don't view him as a core piece. I think he had a nice year, but I think with this defense you can find a cheaper version of Amos. He was really good this year, but he also had a defensive line getting pressure like we haven't seen in awhile and Roquan Smith's speed in front of him. Keep money free for the front 7 and Trubisky.

Amos isn't a core piece. He's the type of solid contributor who will get overvalued in FA because of the defense he played on, and he will net the Bears a nice comp pick in return for someone else overpaying for his services. Of the two, you re-sign Callahan and let Amos walk, banking on the fact that you've properly evaluated and developed Bush.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
We've had so much trash back there at safety for so long that saying someone like Amos can be cheaply replaced sounds really dangerous to me.

If he is willing to stick for reasonable money I keep him in a heartbeat.

I know building from the trenches is important and I agree it's the correct way to build a team, but letting talent walk if they are willing to stay for reasonable money is not a good plan in my eyes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Amos isn't a core piece. He's the type of solid contributor who will get overvalued in FA because of the defense he played on, and he will net the Bears a nice comp pick in return for someone else overpaying for his services. Of the two, you re-sign Callahan and let Amos walk, banking on the fact that you've properly evaluated and developed Bush.
See, and that's the caveat. If he is going to get stupid money in free agency then I let him walk.

For me I wouldn't make it emotional, in that we drafted him so we have to keep him, but I would offer him a fair deal and if he got more elsewhere and took it I'd go on with my life. Getting comp picks is good too.

I still think if he is willing to take reasonable money (in the six million range) I'd keep him.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
And you’re a fucking moderator of a message board ya tool.

I guarantee it took him longer to do this than the amount of time I have ever moderated on this board. Suck a clit dick. Boyo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
I have to disagree, If you can get Amos for 6-7 million, just write the check.

If he is demanding 9-10 let him go.

Sadly I don't think you can justify paying Amos even $7m given you're going well north of $10m to re-sign Jackson later on. No franchise can really justify $20m+ on a safety tandem. He's a really solid player but.....

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Sadly I don't think you can justify paying Amos even $7m given you're going well north of $10m to re-sign Jackson later on. No franchise can really justify $20m+ on a safety tandem. He's a really solid player but.....
If you can get him for 6 million on a four year extension when it comes time to sign Jackson you can trade/release if needed. I really think the cap may change enough in the next couple of years that his 6 million wouldn't be untenable.

In two years you could have someone behind him that's ready to start, and he may be prime trade bait as a player on a reasonable deal.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you can get him for 6 million on a four year extension when it comes time to sign Jackson you can trade/release if needed. I really think the cap may change enough in the next couple of years that his 6 million wouldn't be untenable.

In two years you could have someone behind him that's ready to start, and he may be prime trade bait as a player on a reasonable deal.

You are going to pay Jackson after next season, because you cannot afford the franchise tag in 2021.

2019: Pay Amos 7/season
2020: Pay Jackson 12-13/season

You cannot invest that much at the safety position. It just costs too much.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
You are going to pay Jackson after next season, because you cannot afford the franchise tag in 2021.

2019: Pay Amos 7/season
2020: Pay Jackson 12-13/season

You cannot invest that much at the safety position. It just costs too much.

The way around this is signing a safety to a three year deal reminiscent of what was given to Allen Robinson.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The way around this is signing a safety to a three year deal reminiscent of what was given to Allen Robinson.

Why would Amos take a 3 year deal? Robinson was coming off a major knee injury.

Even then the guaranteed money will be in year 1 and year 2 and the year 2 money is the problem, not year 3, 4, or 5.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Bush looked decent considering he was coming in without much work and in the middle of a playoff push. An offseason of work and training camp, and there shouldn't be too much of a drop off from Amos. If you are paying one of them (Amos or Callahan), it has to be Amos since Callahan is too injury prone.