dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bush looked decent considering he was coming in without much work and in the middle of a playoff push. An offseason of work and training camp, and there shouldn't be too much of a drop off from Amos. If you are paying one of them (Amos or Callahan), it has to be Amos since Callahan is too injury prone.

You just talked about how D.Bush could replace Amos but you would still sign Amos over Callahan?

I actually said the same thing in another thread that i thought D.Bush played pretty well in the 3 games he played for E.Jackson and think Bush and Jackson could make a nice duo and also that could bring us a compensatory pick if we lose Amos and don't replace him with a player at his level of pay or whatever.

So for me i'd sign Callahan over Amos if i had to choose even with Callahan having the injury history and Amos does not at all. I'd obviously love to keep both and i always believed in Amos from the beginning and many of us just thought a move from FS to SS is what he needed which it seems like we were right about.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Kevin White surprised me this season he gave 100 percent every time he was on the field. I'd like to see him beat out Josh Bellamy.

Literally every single catch he made was a nice catch. I know it was only 4 or 5 but still.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I would not be opposed to bringing Kevin White back if there was any indication he could be a big contributor on special teams. As for now his utility is pretty limited though.

Still he's a good guy who works his ass off and if he wants to come to camp and try and earn a spot I have no qualms. There's nothing to hate about Kevin White. None of what happened to him is his fault.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I would not be opposed to bringing Kevin White back if there was any indication he could be a big contributor on special teams. As for now his utility is pretty limited though.

Still he's a good guy who works his ass off and if he wants to come to camp and try and earn a spot I have no qualms. There's nothing to hate about Kevin White. None of what happened to him is his fault.

For minimum wage because he already received his paycheck all those years he stole the bears cap space.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
For minimum wage because he already received his paycheck all those years he stole the bears cap space.

Yea I dont think the Bears should go out of their way at all to grab him but if he wants to come back and the money is right they should go for it.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The biggest sham of the reporting on Hunt was that it was called domestic violence.

Domestic violence is targeted towards someone who you are in a relationship with, who has the expectation of your protection.

What Hunt did was simple assault.

I agree that it was misrepresented. I say that not to defend the guy - I would prefer to not see him on the Bears - but it does send a different message by calling it domestic violence. The latter, at least to me, suggests a pattern of repeated violence, as opposed to one incident. And I don't think any of us are minimizing the one incident. It was inexcusable. But DV, to me, is for two people in a relationship, and repeated.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
We've had so much trash back there at safety for so long that saying someone like Amos can be cheaply replaced sounds really dangerous to me.

If he is willing to stick for reasonable money I keep him in a heartbeat.

I know building from the trenches is important and I agree it's the correct way to build a team, but letting talent walk if they are willing to stay for reasonable money is not a good plan in my eyes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yeah, the bears have been looking for a FS forever, since Mike Brown retired. SS is a different story, I think they can find a player, especially on this defense, to do what Amos does. Between Bush and Houston-Carson, I think it'll be fine with adding another young player later in the draft.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Love me some Jalen Jelks..... be rooting for him to wind up in a Bears uni all offseason.

Liked Posts:
All I want to see is a legitimate Press/Man Cover CB added to this defense from Free agency, preferably under 30, or at least no older than 30. If Pace adds a press man cover CB who can hold it down with no help over the top from the safeties, it will help make this defense less predictable, & give them the leeway to blitz different LBs & DBs at different times. I really believe that would take last years top defense to a legendary status.

Icing on the cake moves would be adding a cowbell receiving do it all type HB like Forte, & a RT.

Most of all I hope for that top F.A. Press/Man CB.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
All I want to see is a legitimate Press/Man Cover CB added to this defense from Free agency, preferably under 30, or at least no older than 30. If Pace adds a press man cover CB who can hold it down with no help over the top from the safeties, it will help make this defense less predictable, & give them the leeway to blitz different LBs & DBs at different times. I really believe that would take last years top defense to a legendary status.

Icing on the cake moves would be adding a cowbell receiving do it all type HB like Forte, & a RT.

Most of all I hope for that top F.A. Press/Man CB.
What ? We need to draft an outside press man corner who will start and hopefully turn out to be elite. Sign one in FA when there isn't a corner like that isn't possible.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Great plan. Would love to see that happen. If not Hunt, we need a guy like him to replace Howard. Having Gould and a decent punter would be sweet too.

Liked Posts:
What ? We need to draft an outside press man corner who will start and hopefully turn out to be elite. Sign one in FA when there isn't a corner like that isn't possible.

Without a first round pick or a second round pick? That can start immediately? And you think that type of CB is scarce in free agency? Theres always one on here.

Looks like there's some solid signings here to me...

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/cornerback/

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Without a first round pick or a second round pick? That can start immediately? And you think that type of CB is scarce in free agency? Theres always one on here.

Looks like there's some solid signings here to me...

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/cornerback/
Like who ronald darby i can't make it off IR to save my life. Who will still manage to get a 10 mill a year contract mayhe next season you can cut prince and sign someone why don't you look that up. Everyone else is garbage or over 30.

Antobears

Liked Posts:
Trevathan is another guy you could look at cutting or trading and it will free up $6.5mil. Replace with him with a guy making 2-3mil and you've got some money to allocate to RT so you're not depending on a total unknown. With the amount of talent the Bears have across the LB corps, they could afford to take a bit of a hit in order to shore up the OL more.

No x 100

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Trevathan is just so good at playing those screens and that particular skill synergizes so well with the rush the Bears bring. Takes away such a huge counter to what the Bears want to do when they bring four, teams love to run outlet screens when they are afraid of the rush and Trevathan just shuts them down.

Iggy will see more time, I'm a believer in him, but I dont expect him to be starting until 2020.

Antobears

Liked Posts:
Trevathan is just so good at playing those screens and that particular skill synergizes so well with the rush the Bears bring. Takes away such a huge counter to what the Bears want to do when they bring four, teams love to run outlet screens when they are afraid of the rush and Trevathan just shuts them down.

Iggy will see more time, I'm a believer in him, but I dont expect him to be starting until 2020.

Exactly, Iggy should be good in time but Trevathon played lights out this year IMHO.