Bears Mock Offseason Version 1

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The biggest sham of the reporting on Hunt was that it was called domestic violence.

Domestic violence is targeted towards someone who you are in a relationship with, who has the expectation of your protection.

What Hunt did was simple assault.

I think assaulting a woman on film probably carries at least as much weight as domestic violence that isn't filmed, at least in terms of someone's hireability.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
The biggest sham of the reporting on Hunt was that it was called domestic violence.

Domestic violence is targeted towards someone who you are in a relationship with, who has the expectation of your protection.

What Hunt did was simple assault.

i get that but once it happened and the masses dubbed it domestic violence you can't undo it

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Will be ecstatic to see P.O'Donnell finally gone who i've been wanting gone since after his first year, I think we absolutely start the year with C.Parkey as our kicker and let him kick to keep his job. If he starts missing kicks inside say 45 yards then we cut him but no way do i blow a draft pick on a kicker when until this year C.Parkey has always proven himself to be a good kicker and even been to the pro bowl and i'm loving it every time i see anyone on here finally coming around on my boy Bellamy.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Will be ecstatic to see P.O'Donnell finally gone who i've been wanting gone since after his first year, I think we absolutely start the year with C.Parkey as our kicker and let him kick to keep his job. If he starts missing kicks inside say 45 yards then we cut him but no way do i blow a draft pick on a kicker when until this year C.Parkey has always proven himself to be a good kicker and even been to the pro bowl and i'm loving it every time i see anyone on here finally coming around on my boy Bellamy.

He is broken mentally.

He cannot be allowed to cost the Bears more games.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This times infinity.

Scales is just as much to blame for the Parkey missed FG as Parkey himself.

If Scales isnt gone next year I will not watch a single long snap of Bears football.
That is patently false.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Come on dabears, they can't bring him back. There's no way. The fan base would revolt. His teammates had his back publicly but they would be pissed too if he's back. The kid is a pariah.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I've been waiting years for the Bears to draft well enough to obtain comp picks. I hope you're right with your projections on those. I think there is a definite advantage to drafting well in the middle rounds, creating value, re-signing half those players, letting half walk and gaining comp picks. I hope this continues to be the trend. Pace drafts well in those middle rounds and it could be a huge draft pick windfall for him moving forward.

Teams can't keep everyone, so to get comp picks for letting players go in FA is the ideal way to stay competitive and keep your roster relatively young. Keep your core together, but gain comp picks letting the supporting cast go in FA.

Yeah and i think that Pace has built this team to be pretty deep and that there's backups on this team that can step up and replace a starter whether it's full time or as a rotation with another player to fill a lost starters spot. I think D.Bush showed some good things in his few games that he replaced E.Jackson and think he could end up being a good combo with Eddie playing back at FS and Bush at SS laying the wood (not that wood) and i'm not 100 on this like windy might be but i also think Coward can take over that starting RT spot. Replacing the starters we lose with players we already have on the roster is what will help us get those comp picks. Now we only saw Coward go against backups and guys that probably aren't even still in the league in his preseason games but he still looked pretty good for a guy just making the transition and being on the PS last year should of really helped him get better.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Right, I'm glad this organization is in the position to get comp picks finally. I think it's a savvy way to build roster depth and stay youthful if navigated properly each offseason. Keep the core together and gain comp picks by letting guys go in FA. I'm one that thinks a guy like Amos is replaceable, along with Massie. Don't overspend keeping pieces like that around, draft to replace them in the middle rounds if possible.

I have to disagree, If you can get Amos for 6-7 million, just write the check.

If he is demanding 9-10 let him go.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That would really be too bad.

The Bears are in the financial/competitive window where they need to explore these types of deals with talented players with some baggage.

If not Hunt then there are some interesting pass catching RB's in free agency this offseason to go with Cohen.

T.Coleman
Bilal Powell
Ty Montgomery
A.Collins
JD McKissic

BearDown1

Liked Posts:
If not Hunt then there are some interesting pass catching RB's in free agency this offseason to go with Cohen.

T.Coleman
Bilal Powell
Ty Montgomery
A.Collins
JD McKissic

How do you consider Collins a pass catching back? His best season catching balls was 23 receptions. He's not really known for his hands.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He is broken mentally.

He cannot be allowed to cost the Bears more games.

How can you say he's broken mentally though? You aren't in his head, but i do agree with you it became a mental thing this year but that doesn't mean that he's now mentally broken for his career. Kickers are fickle like relief pitchers are where they can have a bad year and turn it around the following year and i think with what he's done in his past kicking jobs that he's at least earned the right to prove he's over it mentally and then play it by ear. I also understand that it's still playing a dangerous game cause he could have a good year and then get iced in a big game or in the playoffs and......doink, but he could be just fine. I think with us being as cash strapped as we are and with his proven past that he at least deserves to start the year off with us and take it from there.

Some of the best kickers in the NFL had horrible games and years last year and turned it around and it's happened to many in the past as well. I'm pretty sure D.Carlson turned his year around after Minn dropped him and Oak signed him last year and Minn spent a high pick on him last year. Again....kickers are fickle and can change things around from year to year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How can you say he's broken mentally though? You aren't in his head, but i do agree with you it became a mental thing this year but that doesn't mean that he's now mentally broken for his career. Kickers are fickle like relief pitchers are where they can have a bad year and turn it around the following year and i think with what he's done in his past kicking jobs that he's at least earned the right to prove he's over it mentally and then play it by ear. I also understand that it's still playing a dangerous game cause he could have a good year and then get iced in a big game or in the playoffs and......doink, but he could be just fine. I think with us being as cash strapped as we are and with his proven past that he at least deserves to start the year off with us and take it from there.

Some of the best kickers in the NFL had horrible games and years last year and turned it around and it's happened to many in the past as well. I'm pretty sure D.Carlson turned his year around after Minn dropped him and Oak signed him last year and Minn spent a high pick on him last year. Again....kickers are fickle and can change things around from year to year.

You do not know that he is not broken.

11 missed kicks, 6 uprights, now he is on his own little media pity party. That sounds broken to me.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck....

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I think it'd be very hard for Parkey to stand over a pressure kick at Soldier Field and not think about hitting an upright. And it's 98% mental for a kicker.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Come on dabears, they can't bring him back. There's no way. The fan base would revolt. His teammates had his back publicly but they would be pissed too if he's back. The kid is a pariah.

Listen i'm as pissed as any Bears fan but you're just making assumptions on how the players would really feel and obviously all the fans wouldn't be against it unless i'm by myself here....hello.....is anyone there? LOL.

I get it but the kid has proven himself and IMO deserves to start the season off with us. I won't be mad at all if he isn't though but it also won't bother me if he is. Now if he starts missing field goals and costs us a game and is still back the following week then i'd feel differently about it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
How do you consider Collins a pass catching back? His best season catching balls was 23 receptions. He's not really known for his hands.

Lets go ahead and scratch him off the list then. For some reason i thought he was a good pass catcher.

BearDown1

Liked Posts:
Listen i'm as pissed as any Bears fan but you're just making assumptions on how the players would really feel and obviously all the fans wouldn't be against it unless i'm by myself here....hello.....is anyone there? LOL.

I get it but the kid has proven himself and IMO deserves to start the season off with us. I won't be mad at all if he isn't though but it also won't bother me if he is. Now if he starts missing field goals and costs us a game and is still back the following week then i'd feel differently about it.

Proven himself to what? Proved he can be one of the highest paid kickers in the league and one of the most inaccurate in the same year?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Is there anyone on the roster that could be traded get us a first or second round pick?

I cant see paying whitehair 40 million, like long got, like hicks and goldman got. He is still getting consistent snapping the ball and has Daniels that is probably better at that than whitehair ever will be.

I hope Bellamy just goes away.

People are saying Callahan is gonna get around 7 million, from a team that probably plays less Nickel than Fangio did. He is going. With Tolliver around and a good player, they need to look at adjusting the secondary. Prince is OK but has issues, maybe the answer is moving him inside.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

The reason I believe even the bears have concerns is that they did not even bring someone in to challenge him when he hit 4 uprights in one game. Yes, next weekend he was player of the week, but at least get some competition. If he gets beat out in camp then pick the better kicker.