Tape never lies bears vs philly

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears need a legit backup to Burton in case he has another panic attack in a big moment. I like Burton, but you can simply not rely on him week in and week out.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If we are going to keep WIMs on the 53 and not play him, at least let him get reps as a backup TE too

Utilize Wims in 3 TE sets coming outta the backfield or Burton.

Gotta have a one two punch with the 'bigger' bodies versus the smurph formations

greg23

Liked Posts:
Never seen this mentioned but the bears also had a chance to win on the failed philly 2pt conversion.

Smallwood dives
Fumbles
And the ball is in the backfield waiting for a bear to pick up and tumble 95 yards for 2 points.

Ball kind of got batted into a pile vs toward the side for an easy scoop and score

That said....parkey lost the game on a chip shot for most nfl kickers

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I keep coming back to this thread and watching this video.

It’s simultaneously hopeful and frustrating.

Hopeful because it shows Mitch actually is progressing really well. He’s going to get better. There is no “he’s going to be good.” No, he *is* good, and you can see how he’s going to get better. Very excited for the future.

Frustrating because damn, they should’ve had that game. So many missed opportunities. The Bears are the better team. An example: The Eagles defenders were jumping routed, so it’s no accident that once the Bears started pulling out the double moves, that’s when we saw huge chunk plays for the Bears.

But it never should’ve taken that long. That was the book on the Eagles defense going into this game, and part of the reason they were ranked so low. Why did it take the Bears 3 quarters to figure out what should’ve been figured out prior to kickoff? Those plays would’ve been there *all day*. And if the Eagles adjusted, Mitch could’ve killed them by a thousand paper cuts underneath.

Gah! Disgusted with the lack of recognition. Hopeful for the future of these good young Bears players.