Why hasn’t Tabor been canned yet?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
ST’s were godawful last season and ended up costing us in the biggest game of our season. Tabor for some reason has escaped criticism throughout the season and I can’t figure out why. He should be shown the door because we cannot afford another season of terrible ST play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
ST’s were godawful last season and ended up costing us in the biggest game of our season. Tabor for some reason has escaped criticism throughout the season and I can’t figure out why. He should be shown the door because we cannot afford another season of terrible ST play.

He wasn’t the one that was kicking though

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
special teams is almost evaporated from the game of football. Could say that Tabor did catch some heat from Nagy during the season tho...

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Bears have accountability issues.

CBEARS32

Liked Posts:
Agreed this guy should follow Parkey out the door.

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:
The role of ST has reduced in the past few years, but the impact of penalties when we receive the ball and the impact of missing tackles when we kick the ball is still there.
I sure seemed anxious whenever our ST was on the field.
I wonder if there are any metrics on how well they actually performed.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

You want to fire a coach because the placekicker missed a kick?

Do you think ST's coaches have a huge effect on FG accuracy?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Did we forget the big return that helped set us up for that game winning attempt?

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears

Tabor had Parkey's back all season long beyond the normal coach speak, claiming he knew Parkey better than anyone else and he would be fine. He wasn't. He should follow Parkey out the door.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Tabor had Parkey's back all season long beyond the normal coach speak, claiming he knew Parkey better than anyone else and he would be fine. He wasn't. He should follow Parkey out the door.

But who is going to take over has head coach of ST? Nagy?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t think Tabor HAS to be fired.

But 2/3 of Parkey, O’Donnell, and Tabor need to be gone.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Did we forget the big return that helped set us up for that game winning attempt?

Did you forget the patriots game which cost us a first round bye and we wouldn’t have to play in that game we just lost?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

He’s responsible for the play of his unit, which was awful last season, and for some reason he is getting off with no criticism.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Did you forget the patriots game which cost us a first round bye and we wouldn’t have to play in that game we just lost?

Or the missed fg versus the dolphins in overtime.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Or the missed fg versus the dolphins in overtime.

Exactly. ST’s should never be a liability for a football team and unfortunately they were the biggest liability on the Bears last season.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The Bears were 5th in average punt return yards and 10th in average punt return yards given up. With the way kickoff returns have decreased, that's probably the most important special teams stat that the coordinator has some control over (however they were 26th in defensive kickoff return average and dead last in kickoff average). So a good punt team both ways and a terrible kickoff team both ways.

I haven't watched the return against NE or the blocked punt but obviously those hurt. Not sure who's blame on those.

Not sure that's worthy of a pink slip but certainly on notice re: kickoffs. One thing is that Tabor probably doesn't have access to his two best kickoff returners in Tarik and Eddie.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The Bears were 5th in average punt return yards and 10th in average punt return yards given up. With the way kickoff returns have decreased, that's probably the most important special teams stat that the coordinator has some control over (however they were 26th in defensive kickoff return average and dead last in kickoff average). So a good punt team both ways and a terrible kickoff team both ways.

I haven't watched the return against NE or the blocked punt but obviously those hurt. Not sure who's blame on those.

Not sure that's worthy of a pink slip but certainly on notice re: kickoffs. One thing is that Tabor probably doesn't have access to his two best kickoff returners in Tarik and Eddie.

Bears definitely have a personnel issue at ST and we need to find a quality return man this off season

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Special teams directly cost the Bears the new England gand, the Miami game, the number 1 seed in the NFC, and our first post season game in nearly a decades.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk