OT: Lions beat writers on trading Stafford

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Stafford and Cousins have the warrior spirit?

I think so, Stafford being the more skilled. How can anybody pretend Detroit has been a decent franchise and their QB just failed them? The opposite is true.

And Vikes regressed in every area but QB performance so can’t put that all on Cousins either. QBs always get too much blame when things go bad and too much credit when they go good.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think so, Stafford being the more skilled. How can anybody pretend Detroit has been a decent franchise and their QB just failed them? The opposite is true.

And Vikes regressed in every area but QB performance so can’t put that all on Cousins either. QBs always get too much blame when things go bad and too much credit when they go good.

Detriot has been decent?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Detriot has been decent?

No, I’m saying they’re a shit franchise who put too much on their QB and never really built around him. Usually have had one of the worst run games. Defense always mediocre or worse. Think they had 1 good year with defense and that was the pro bowl year for Stafford.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No, I’m saying they’re a shit franchise who put too much on their QB and never really built around him. Usually have had one of the worst run games. Defense always mediocre or worse. Think they had 1 good year with defense and that was the pro bowl year for Stafford.

And he had a stellar pass rating of 85. Seems like he was the one that held the team back. Great career passer rating of 88 too.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Stafford’s a good QB. Too often teams try to put the entire franchise on the QB’s back. It’s a team game. When is the last time Detroit had a fearsome defense? They’ve only had tiny bits and pieces here and there throughout the years. 1 key weapon here. Decent weapon there. Rarely ever any semblance of running game to speak of. The building of a team is not complete because you have the quarterback position well covered.

It’s pretty ignorant and downright stupid of fans to frown more on a QB cause his shit franchise could never put it all together. Meanwhile the same fans elevate a QB like Trubisky as an elite defense carries him along.

Wow...you sound EXACTLY like most Lions fans. Coincidence???

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

He sounds like Cutler fan boys. I think I typed the same exact post on Cutler. Quite baffling if you ask me. This board will always defend QB's with passer ratings in the 80's.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I hope Stafford stays Detroits QB for the next DECADE

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:

You could replace Stafford's with Cutler's and Detroit with Chicago and it's the exact same thing that was said about Cutler for nearly a decade. I should know, I was a Cutler apologist up until the last couple years when he was just indefensible.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Life goes on lions fans
7061ef914070a9f7f07fb94486db64fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
And Stafford choked in the big games at the end of the year and the playoff games

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You could replace Stafford's with Cutler's and Detroit with Chicago and it's the exact same thing that was said about Cutler for nearly a decade. I should know, I was a Cutler apologist up until the last couple years when he was just indefensible.

so true. For years I told my Detroit fan friends that Stafford was Cutler Version 2.0

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Last I checked, John Elway makes all the personnel decisions.