With Pagano hired the top priority is________

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
1. get rid of mizzell. dude is terrible. he must have dirt on nagy.
2. get other guys ready to take over for burton. he may be in his safe space all next year.
3. eat the money and cut parkey. bye!
4. re-sign callahan. i think amos and massie walk.
5. trade jordan howard for a 5th rd pick

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Is Kareem Hunt really that good or was he a product of the Chiefs offense? Damien Williams is looking just as good.

He also doesn't look to be much faster or have better burst than Jordan Howard.

Williams actually looked pretty good with the Dolphins and I thought he would be a surprise pick up for some team. Worked out for the Chiefs.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Is Kareem Hunt really that good or was he a product of the Chiefs offense? Damien Williams is looking just as good.

He also doesn't look to be much faster or have better burst than Jordan Howard.

Heard Rams looking to unload Todd Gurley, replace with CJ Anderson

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It's incredible how few holes the Bears have right now.

Other than RT and K, they really have good players across the board.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
It's incredible how few holes the Bears have right now.

Other than RT and K, they really have good players across the board.

thats good, considering how little they have in terms of draft picks and cap space.

republica-parillerra.jpg

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We think more of some of those players simply because of where we came from. OL did not play well most of the year, our catchers were not special other than Cohen who still needs to understand which direction the goal line is and Robinson at the end of the year. Our backs other than Cohen don't really fit the scheme. I like Howard but unless Nagy wants to run more zone, he's not appropriate.

The O personnel are OK but could clearly be upgraded. We may get some of that naturally with Long fully healthy and Daniels after an offseason but our Ts are just good/Ok. Our TEs are either/or type of TEs. On can block and the other is good in the open field. Neither is good at both right now. The contrast in the amount of space that catchers are finding in KC and here is rather obvious. Like i said, the O is OK and a huge improvement on the Fox era but some think it's more than it is simply due to contrast.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
We think more of some of those players simply because of where we came from. OL did not play well most of the year, our catchers were not special other than Cohen who still needs to understand which direction the goal line is and Robinson at the end of the year. Our backs other than Cohen don't really fit the scheme. I like Howard but unless Nagy wants to run more zone, he's not appropriate.

The O personnel are OK but could clearly be upgraded. We may get some of that naturally with Long fully healthy and Daniels after an offseason but our Ts are just good/Ok. Our TEs are either/or type of TEs. On can block and the other is good in the open field. Neither is good at both right now. The contrast in the amount of space that catchers are finding in KC and here is rather obvious. Like i said, the O is OK and a huge improvement on the Fox era but some think it's more than it is simply due to contrast.

Agreed. We definitely need more weapons and a better scheme fit at RB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

There is still a lot of "TBD" with the Bears offense. The most noticeable difference between the Bears and the remaining 4 teams is the OL...despite what I heard from PFF and would read in CCS game summaries, the Bears OL did not impress me at all this year. It looks like James Daniels will be the latest overhyped Bears OL, as IMO he needs to make big strides this offseason. I'm not saying he can't, but I don't really put much stock in All-Rookie team.

One odd bit with Kyle Long is that when he was drafted, no one had much of a complaint about how old Long was. Perhaps that's coming into play now, as he'll be 31 next season, after playing only 3 full seasons and parts of 3 others.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
There is still a lot of "TBD" with the Bears offense. The most noticeable difference between the Bears and the remaining 4 teams is the OL...despite what I heard from PFF and would read in CCS game summaries, the Bears OL did not impress me at all this year. It looks like James Daniels will be the latest overhyped Bears OL, as IMO he needs to make big strides this offseason. I'm not saying he can't, but I don't really put much stock in All-Rookie team.

One odd bit with Kyle Long is that when he was drafted, no one had much of a complaint about how old Long was. Perhaps that's coming into play now, as he'll be 31 next season, after playing only 3 full seasons and parts of 3 others.

agreed, the oline needs work, they struggled opening holes for rb's consistently, some of that is due to injury but after watching the playoffs, the difference is that these teams were able to create some big holes for their RB's while the bears simply could not. Many clamor for hunt and I am one of those advocates but if the oline cant open holes it results in poor rb play regardless of whos back there. Look at the chiefs and what they've done with d. williams instead of hunt. its plug and play essentially but only because they are opening holes with that oline group...I think nagy and company really need to re-evaluate the running scheme for both the oline and howard...it seemed howard and the oline were at their best in zone blocking as opposed to power man...

I didnt have an issue with long's age when we has drafted since guards are generally able to play with little drop off into their mid 30's...Long's injuries really accelerated his decline which is a shame but its time for the bears to cut their losses.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Breakfast.

It's the most important meal of the day. It gets your metabolism going early, which is a good. Be warned to stay away from sugary cereals and try to get a nice balance of whole grains, fruit and protein.

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:
Not RB. Cohen/Howard are a nice 1-2 punch, used differently in different situations.

I think OL. And maybe DB depth. K/P free agents or UDFA rookies.

QB is good.
RB is fine
WR are fine, they'll all take a step, I think. Okay with ARob, Miller, Gabriel, Wims, etc.
TE is weird—no idea.
DL is stout.
DE are strong.
LB are great.
CB good.
S maybe depth there.

This ...

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Not sure why people think RB is fine. It's not; can't believe its not more apparent than ever how Howard is not simply a good fit. Even when the holes did open, Howard didnt have the burst to make it to the 2nd level because he doesn't have that burst. A dangerous North South runner could have had a lot 15+yd runs in this offense.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
#1 priority is fix special teams - by far the weakest unit this year

#2 shore up the oline

#3 plug holes where the money isn't there to re-sign defensive starters

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I would say #3 goal met or exceeded, depending on what kind of year Dix has.

#1 about 75% met but we still need to see if Pineiro is the real deal - if not this team will fizzle in the post season again. If he's solid it's a great value trade. All these freakishly athletic late round picks should pay off here right away.

#2 goal I would say not met, though extending Massie and restructuring Long was a start. I forget the name of the kid they drafted but I doubt he could be called in to step in if a starting OT goes down.

The other priority I didn't mention in this thread was TE. Burton's disappearance in the playoffs was disgraceful and Shaheen has been useless. But Pace had very limited ammo to get anything done this offseason and he did well overall.

I also think Montgomery/Cohen will be fine as the starting backfield.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought this was a thread about Pagano. I want to see how this Elite D works with him.

Hopefully he Adds wrinkles to Fangio's scheme. Why fix what is working mentality anyone ?
Personally I would like to see twice the blitzing from the year before. I think that deep speed will help there with those Alabama kids re-united

Bears_804

Liked Posts:

#1 about 75% met but we still need to see if Pineiro is the real deal - if not this team will fizzle in the post season again. If he's solid it's a great value trade. All these freakishly athletic late round picks should pay off here right away.

#2 goal I would say not met, though extending Massie and restructuring Long was a start. I forget the name of the kid they drafted but I doubt he could be called in to step in if a starting OT goes down.

The other priority I didn't mention in this thread was TE. Burton's disappearance in the playoffs was disgraceful and Shaheen has been useless. But Pace had very limited ammo to get anything done this offseason and he did well overall.

What exactly is wrong with the O-Line other than Kyle Longs injury history?

We have Leno - Daniels - Whitehair - Long - Massie

I'd say that is pretty good. Our back ups I'm not sure about. I expect Leno to do well again. Massie did pretty well last year. Whitehair had his snapping issues. I expect Daniels to take another step, and maybe even swap out with Whitehair. If Long, a big IF, stays healthy he is one of the better guards in the NFL.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
What exactly is wrong with the O-Line other than Kyle Longs injury history?

We have Leno - Daniels - Whitehair - Long - Massie

I'd say that is pretty good. Our back ups I'm not sure about. I expect Leno to do well again. Massie did pretty well last year. Whitehair had his snapping issues. I expect Daniels to take another step, and maybe even swap out with Whitehair. If Long, a big IF, stays healthy he is one of the better guards in the NFL.
OT depth is the only problem IMO

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

OT depth is the only problem IMO
Depends what you meant by 'shore up the OL'. I think they've shored up the OL by any measure. What did you want?

����

Basically the LT backup is Sowell, a vet with many LT starts under his belt. Nobody wants to see their LT backup take the field, but we could do worse.
RT backup is penciled as Coward. Larsen is a good vet backup G/C. We'll see where Alex Bars is at.

Would have been nice to pick up a great LT who 'dropped' in the draft, or at least a good prospect, but you can't have everything. Being Long is more weary than Leno, good we have Bars. I think the OL is 'shored up'. Chin up! = )

Last edited:

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Depends what you meant by 'shore up the OL'. I think they've shored up the OL by any measure. What did you want?

Basically the LT backup is Sowell, a vet with many LT starts under his belt. Nobody wants to see their LT backup take the field, but we could do worse.
RT backup is penciled as Coward. Larsen is a good vet backup G/C. We'll see where Alex Bars is at.

Would have been nice to pick up a great LT who 'dropped' in the draft, or at least a good prospect, but you can't have everything. Being Long more weary than Leno, good we have Bars. I think the OL is 'shored up'. Chin up! = )
I already said you can't have everything in my first post. Why is everyone so fucking salty today?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not me. I'm feeling pretty chipper!