Rob Ryan rumor

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Buddy Ryan was a terrific defensive coach.

Rex Ryan is/was a terrific defensive coach.

Rob Ryan and a good defense have never been together in the same place. He is horrible.

Well, he was the LB coach when NE won 2 SBs...

I'd happily take the same thing here.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You don't think Nagy and Fangio were different personalities?

Having different styles of coaching can be a good thing. Not every personality can effectively reach everyone. As a position coach, this could be a great hire...

Did you see tv replays of Fangio foaming at the mouth cursing at refs and players alike?

Different personalities is fine. Normal and crazy is another. The Ryan bros are unpredictable. Not saying it couldn't work just the potential for that to blow up is great.

BEARS

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Someone mentioned this already, but I'll echo it: the Ryan brothers are about their own self-promotion. It is completely opposite from what Nagy is establishing.

Yep they both love putting on a show for the cameras too much for me.

Rise

Liked Posts:
While I am pleasantly surprised at the negative reaction to potentially hiring a Ryan I think it is a little to negative. Keep in mind he would only be the LB coach. Just like Pagano sucks as a HC, but should be a good DC, Ryan sucked as a DC but should be good for LB. I am always a fan of taking demoted coaches as their is always a reason they were promoted. It rarely fails.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yep, although V. Fangio is allowing Elway to pick his staff as reported. Have to think though that Fangio is allowed input on the D staff.

Also hearing we're not out on keeping Donatell which would be great. Last i saw was he was deciding between us and Broncos so maybe his family is happy in Chicago or we pay him a little more or give him a better title for his job to keep him.

Mitchapalooza

2nruy9Q.jpg

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Welcome to the CCS Forum - Large Print Edition.

:)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yep they both love putting on a show for the cameras too much for me.

I'm not sure how much was on them, and how much it was the networks constantly showing them.

I have not seen any defensive coach on the sidelines as much as I saw Rob Ryan when he was coaching. I never understood the fascination. (Unless it was to prove the team actually DID have a defensive coach, as their D was getting gashed.)

greg23

Liked Posts:
Wtf are you people bitching about....he's being hired as a POSITION COACH...not head coach, not defensive coordianator...a fuking position coach.

I for one would like this move.....better to have over qualified guys in lower positions than promoting the bob babich and Dowell loggains of the world only to find out they are in over their heads by week 2

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to Hub on his most recent PFW show, Munchak was initially offered the Broncos HC spot.
But when Elway wanted a say in his staff, Mike turned it down. Take it FWIW.

That doesn’t sound like a recipe for success.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yep, although V. Fangio is allowing Elway to pick his staff as reported. Have to think though that Fangio is allowed input on the D staff.

Is he? Kubiak reportedly didnt get OC because he and Fangio disagreed on philosophy.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It's odd. Reading this post really makes me reconsider my position.

You should do that, i mean it will still be the same that nobody will care but go for it anyway. Be a man......or try i should say.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Someone mentioned this already, but I'll echo it: the Ryan brothers are about their own self-promotion. It is completely opposite from what Nagy is establishing.
2 good posts in a row. That's not like you

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meh, he would be the OLB Coach. Who cares.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is he? Kubiak reportedly didnt get OC because he and Fangio disagreed on philosophy.

OK, I did say I thought VF would have input on the D side. I saw VF comment that he'd welcome Kubiak, but then reports came out refuting that.

Mike Munchak backed away because it was reported Elway wanted control of the staff.

Last edited:

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
LB coach, not like he will be running the defense. Some guys are better fits just coaching a single position.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Not to mention the Bears haven't won a Super Bowl since a Ryan has been part of the coaching staff.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also hearing we're not out on keeping Donatell which would be great. Last i saw was he was deciding between us and Broncos so maybe his family is happy in Chicago or we pay him a little more or give him a better title for his job to keep him.

I would think it depended on the position he was offered in Denver. It may be a blessing that Fangio doesn't have final say on his staff.