NFL Heading to a Work Stoppage in 2021?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Everything I've been reading talks about a lockout when this CBA expires and it's probably going to shorten the season.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yep. Gonna be BRUTAL. Bet multiple games missed.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If players were smart they would push for guarantee contracts

But it’s most likely they fold like cheap suits like they always do

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
There’s 100% going to be a lockout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
as someone who is currently coaching in the NFL, I can say for certain that there will not be a hold out

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
There wont be a work stoppage in 2021. Simply wont be.

The NFL has inexplicably developed this reputation as a dysfunctional organization that cant keep its shit together but last I checked they bring in billions and billions every year and are gaining global popularity year-by-year. It was so trendy in 2015-2017 to say "Oh, I'm quitting the NFL! Its so bad!" but the numbers of people who love the league and follow its every move keep going up. The players and owners will not upset the gravy train with a work stoppage. The kneeling, concussions, player misconduct etc., none of it even dented the league's popularity. The only existential issue facing the NFL now is the horrendous state of officiating and everything seems to point to a hammer coming down this off-season in regards to that.

Maybe the NBA or NHL could suffer another stoppage but not the NFL. I expect there to be some pretty major changes, like the franchise tag either going away all together or becoming more like the transition tag, but nothing that will shut the league down. Definitely there will be no guaranteed contracts and definitely the salary cap will continue to exist. May get another uncapped year though.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There wont be a work stoppage in 2021. Simply wont be.

The NFL has inexplicably developed this reputation as a dysfunctional organization that cant keep its shit together but last I checked they bring in billions and billions every year and are gaining global popularity year-by-year. It was so trendy in 2015-2017 to say "Oh, I'm quitting the NFL! Its so bad!" but the numbers of people who love the league and follow its every move keep going up. The players and owners will not upset the gravy train with a work stoppage. The kneeling, concussions, player misconduct etc., none of it even dented the league's popularity. The only existential issue facing the NFL now is the horrendous state of officiating and everything seems to point to a hammer coming down this off-season in regards to that.

Maybe the NBA or NHL could suffer another stoppage but not the NFL. I expect there to be some pretty major changes, like the franchise tag either going away all together or becoming more like the transition tag, but nothing that will shut the league down. Definitely there will be no guaranteed contracts and definitely the salary cap will continue to exist. May get another uncapped year though.

Everything pointing to the hammer coming down on officiating...how so?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hopefully Goodell is gone by then

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
as someone who is currently coaching in the NFL, I can say for certain that there will not be a hold out

You don't even fill Gatorade bottles, let alone coach in the NFL.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Everything pointing to the hammer coming down on officiating...how so?

Official was fired mid-season for incompetence. I dont think has happened this century, let alone happened mid-season. The fans are fed up, the players are fed up, the coaches are fed and the league is fed up. Big reckoning coming for officials.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Official was fired mid-season for incompetence. I dont think has happened this century, let alone happened mid-season. The fans are fed up, the players are fed up, the coaches are fed and the league is fed up. Big reckoning coming for officials.

Eh. I thought the refs were pretty decent this season, it's just the rules that need changing.

pboer323

Liked Posts:
Get rid of Alberto Riveron and get rid of all part time officials... that would be a good start. Fucker stole a touchdown from Zak Miller...