Pace and Nagy Year End Press Conference

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
I think Parkey comes to training camp with some rookie competition. (7th round or UDFA) He will be given every chance to redeem himself. But this way at least they can say they tried. No way do I see them bring Gould back like many have suggested.

Parkey will kick well in camps & preseason,NO pressure! But when it's a game winner,he's a loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The EXPLOSIVE Saints only scored 20, what's your point? Maybe if our defense could have held the PHI offense to 12 points like the Saints did, we'd be still playing...

Don't be a short-sighted tard.

Umm Nagy is an offensive coach. Shouldn't have to rely on the Number 1 D to always hold teams well below their season average.

Furthermore, I am not sure how asking the offensive coach to be accountable for poor offense is being a tard. Is the D the only part of the team that should be held accountable? I think it is entirely fair game to ask him to account for the lack of offense or must the O always be handled with kid gloves?

BigTom

Liked Posts:
Yeah, those poor Patriots and Saints..... how did they make it this far with expensive QB's? And the Chargers and Colts and Steelers...

I mean I hear what you're sayin. But the window doesn't shut just cuz your QB is on a second contract.

It does if you give a huge contract to a mid tier QB. Those teams you mentioned have future hall of fame quarterbacks that carry them to playoffs year after year(except chargers not sure why they are on your list only making the playoffs every few years). You can't give a 18% of your cap type of contract to a Matt Stafford or Jay Cutler and expect your SB window to stay open. The only way the Bears SB window stays open after Trubisky gets a big contract is if he is on the future hall of fame level that he is carrying a less talented roster to the playoffs every year. Thats just how the NFL works now, you either have an all time great QB or a cheap rookie contract QB and pay the rest of the roster.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Umm Nagy is an offensive coach. Shouldn't have to rely on the Number 1 D to always hold teams well below their season average.

Furthermore, I am not sure how asking the offensive coach to be accountable for poor offense is being a tard. Is the D the only part of the team that should be held accountable? I think it is entirely fair game to ask him to account for the lack of offense or must the O always be handled with kid gloves?

Honestly Nagy should thank his lucky stars that Parkey missed that kick because he has a huge distraction and diversion now from the fact he fielded an unimaginative, tentative, inhibited, conservatively boring offense against the Eagles....

Mitchapalooza

Someone ask Pace is he would consider singing Kareem Hunt.

BearDown1

Liked Posts:
Someone ask Pace is he would consider singing Kareem Hunt.

They were just asked about that. Basically he said he has some off field issues to work through, and that Nagy knows him best. That's about it.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
on Trey Burton's injury

Ryan Pace - "Trey practiced Friday and Saturday he woke up with the injury. All the MRIs and test showed that. That was a real injury he was dealing with"

Could that have been related to anxiety.

Ryan Pace - "It is hard to say"

Thats a yes for anxiety. If it wasn't he should have taken that opportunity to flat out say it wasn't.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No need to, they should have had 18 points and the W but the kicker choked like a lil bitch.

Is 18 points good offense now? That would rank us in line with the 2018 Oakland Raiders. Is that what you want? Our offense to score like the Raiders?

I would like to know what he thinks went wrong with the offense and how he plans to ensure it doesn't happen again.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Jeff Dickerson
@DickersonESPN
now5 seconds ago
Bears non-committal on the idea of pursuing Kareem Hunt in the offseason. Matt Nagy spoke to Hunt by phone one week ago. Nagy and Hunt obviously have a relationship dating back to Kansas City.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Sounds like Kareem Hunt has a good chance to be with the Bears at some point :)

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They were just asked about that. Basically he said he has some off field issues to work through, and that Nagy knows him best. That's about it.

So your saying there's a chance?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Adam Hoge
@AdamHoge
13s14 seconds ago
Matt Nagy said he talked to Kareem Hunt “about a week ago.” Said the conversation was about “his personal life.”

On if Hunt deserves a second chance: “That’s not for me decide,” but added that he is usually a guy who believes in second chances.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Pace on Leonard - "We plan on picking up the 5th year option"