Pace and Nagy Year End Press Conference

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I thought someone should get a thread going.

I do not expect anything that ground breaking or interesting. Good first step, not happy with how it ended, building for the future.

I would like to have the reporters hold Pace's feet to the fire yet about the horrendous Parkey contract and his support of him right up to the Eagles pre game.

I would also like to hear about the lack of cap and picks and how they are going to approach a challenging offseason.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He'll attempt to get by the Cody Parkey subject with as little comment as possible. Hopefully I'm wrong but I think he'll stick with Parkey for next season.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
If Ryan Pace were judged solely on his press conferences, he'd have been fired years ago.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He'll attempt to get by the Cody Parkey subject with as little comment as possible. Hopefully I'm wrong but I think he'll stick with Parkey for next season.

I argued with Newblood that Pace might see his way to keeping Parkey 1 more year rather than eat 5M in dead cap space..... 4M in 2019.

I would prefer we eat the cap and find a new kicker, but I would not be shocked if we get stuck with Parkey 1 more year.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Pace should be shot if the Bears do keep Parkey. He is considered the “doink” man. He needs a change in scenery because he can’t kick in Chicago.

Parkey does not have a strong leg. The bears need a kicker who can consistently kick TBs and 55+ fgs if needed. It would put pressure on opposing defenses if they know the Bears have a kicker that can kick the hell out of the ball. With Parkey, defenses know to stop Bears scoring TD because Parkey sucks.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I argued with Newblood that Pace might see his way to keeping Parkey 1 more year rather than eat 5M in dead cap space..... 4M in 2019.

I would prefer we eat the cap and find a new kicker, but I would not be shocked if we get stuck with Parkey 1 more year.

Not with a small window to win a SB. It’s either now or the Bears will be in cap hell by 2020 if Mitch is actually a good qb.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think Parkey comes to training camp with some rookie competition. (7th round or UDFA) He will be given every chance to redeem himself. But this way at least they can say they tried. No way do I see them bring Gould back like many have suggested.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think Parkey comes to training camp with some rookie competition. (7th round or UDFA) He will be given every chance to redeem himself. But this way at least they can say they tried. No way do I see them bring Gould back like many have suggested.

Correct either a low draft pick or cheap F.A. I've accepted (begrudgingly) the reality Parkey will be back

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I agree. No way will they sign a new kicker with money owed to Parkey. Would rather go cheap route.

The Bears have more success that way anyways finding a kicker in draft/UFDA. Gould, Butler, Edinger, etc. I’m still pissed off that emery kept O’Donnell over Tress Ways.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not with a small window to win a SB. It’s either now or the Bears will be in cap hell by 2020 if Mitch is actually a good qb.

Yeah, those poor Patriots and Saints..... how did they make it this far with expensive QB's? And the Chargers and Colts and Steelers...

I mean I hear what you're sayin. But the window doesn't shut just cuz your QB is on a second contract.

Newblood

Liked Posts:

This is the same argument I was making with Ares. But Ares was not having it (cynical Bears fan). Much shame.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, those poor Patriots and Saints..... how did they make it this far with expensive QB's? And the Chargers and Colts and Steelers...

I mean I hear what you're sayin. But the window doesn't shut just cuz your QB is on a second contract.

Brady does take pay cuts. It took Brees a while to get back in SB contention. Also we don’t know if Mitch will become elite. I think he will be good, but top 5 qb like Brady and brees? We don’t know.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is the same argument I was making with Ares. But Ares was not having it (cynical Bears fan). Much shame.

I told you I want competition for Parkey... just I would not be shocked if Pace sticks with him because of the money.

If we find a diamond in the rough UDFA or 7th round kicker.... 5M in dead cap space sucks but we will take it.

I just can't imagine eating 5M in dead cap and w/e Gould or some other FA kicker commands.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I told you I want competition for Parkey... just I would not be shocked if Pace sticks with him because of the money.

If we find a diamond in the rough UDFA or 7th round kicker.... 5M in dead cap space sucks but we will take it.

I just can't imagine eating 5M in dead cap and w/e Gould or some other FA kicker commands.

Its obvious u r very passionate about the k situation but u should dial it down

JeffSpicoli

Hey bud....Let's party!!
Donator
Liked Posts:

Matt Gay from Utah, kid is legit. Huge leg, crazy accurate

Newblood

Liked Posts:

You was the one suggesting signing Gould for cheap, and I said, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I mentioned, the 5M is spent either way. And if you was Pace, would your rather roll into the season answering questions from fans and your bosses why you spent an additional ~1M on a kicker or how you justified keeping Parkey on the roster?

I have my doubts Bears will grab a FA kicker this offseason, because of money. But a late round draft pick or UDFA I could very well see.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You was the one suggesting signing Gould for cheap, and I said, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I mentioned, the 5M is spent either way. And if you was Pace, would your rather roll into the season answering questions from fans and your bosses why you spent an additional ~1M on a kicker or how you justified keeping Parkey on the roster?

I have my doubts Bears will grab a FA kicker this offseason, because of money. But a late round draft pick or UDFA I could very well see.

:bizarro::bizarro::bizarro:

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Ryan Pace - "we are not satisfied". On us to assure that we stay on the right track.