Thoughts on Kyler Murray - NFL Draft

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
He's definitely going first round. The guy has been the best player at every level. No reason to believe he can't be a good NFL player.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Cards just drafted Josh Rosen in rnd 1. No way they draft another QB with their 1st pick.

Kingsbury loves Kyler Murray. They could easily trade Rosen away for multiple picks.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Fun Fact that I just learned: Kyler’s father was the hitter who was facing Randy Johnson when that bird was murdered.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He is going in the first round.

This.

My guess is he goes to oakland at #4 overall.

"“I used to think that a lot, until I saw Drew Brees twice a year in Tampa, then I met Russell Wilson coming out of N.C. State, and now I’m watching this kid, Murray, coming out of Oklahoma, and I’m putting away all the prototypes I once had,” Gruden told reporters Tuesday. “I used to have a prototype for hand size, height, arm strength, all that stuff."

Doubt he lasts till #24/#27 and it seems that Gruden likes Kyler. Seems like Gruden isn't a big fan of Carr. They can let Carr play this year while Kyler sits, and try to trade him mid season or cut him after next year and only get a 5m cap penalty spread over 2 years.

Plus, its a ~90 minute ride from Oakland to LA via Private Jet.

My guess, is that is where he ends up going and try to play both baseball/football.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I doubt he goes in round one, let alone top 10, his size is a big issue

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Half of his highlights are QB runs. The other half are downfield bombs to wide open receivers. This guy won't do anything in the NFL. And give credit to his Oline. His downfield bombs were taking 5-6 seconds to develop and no one could pressure him.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I doubt he goes in round one, let alone top 10, his size is a big issue

He is going in the first round. Offenses in the NFL fit him perfectly . You can't compare him to other short QBs, he is in a league of his own at his size.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Russell Wilson was on the Dan Patrick show yesterday and they do a bit where they have players read their experts draft analysis. They just found 10 different ways of saying 'he's too short'. I know there is a tipping point where a guy is just too short to play QB in the NFL, I just don't think it's 5'9" when it comes to Murray, too much talent.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he goes in the first, it will be at the tail end like Jackson. As crazy as it sounds, I think the size of his hands will determine a lot. I don’t think there is a measurement out there yet, so when the combine comes around, I may adjust my placement.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If he goes in the first, it will be at the tail end like Jackson. As crazy as it sounds, I think the size of his hands will determine a lot. I don’t think there is a measurement out there yet, so when the combine comes around, I may adjust my placement.

Ugh? The comparison between Jackson and Murray is that they are both dangerous runners. That's it. Jackson was an athlete playing QB. Murray isn't exactly Andrew Luck but he has much more complete QB skill set for todays RPO heavy nfl.

Jackson was drafted 32nd in a very top heavy QB class as the 5th QB. This years QB crop is considerably weaker than the last few years, and Murray has a shot to be QB #1 in this draft. Jackson was QB #5. Always teams trying to trade up to take a QB in the top 10 because they are scared another team might jump them.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The problem with Murray is that he limits what you can do on offense; you need to build a specific system for him based around his athleticism and arm strength. It pretty much has to be a shotgun system. He's too short to come out from under center and find lanes for a quick slant with consistency, for example. It's why even at college his success from the pocket came on deep, long developing routes where he could show case his ability to get the ball deep in a hurry and with accuracy. But he's not built for quick routes to the middle of the field imo.

That doesn't mean he can't be a really good QB, it just means you need a flexible offensive system that takes advantage of what he can do.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
He should play baseball. He will make more money, have a longer career, and be much less likely to get CTE.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He should play baseball. He will make more money, have a longer career, and be much less likely to get CTE.

100% if he was my kid I would say Baseball only. Maybe he is using Football as a threat to drive up his baseball price. The Oakland Athletics are a notoriously cheap team, I have no idea if that tactic will have any impact on them.

He was on the Dan Patrick show yesterday, and it was the worst interview I've ever seen. He was told not to say anything about football, baseball or his future, so why was he even there, to promote Gatorade. It was brutally cringey.

BPo001

Liked Posts:
His interview with Dan Patrick was bad. Didn’t sound confident at all. That said he goes first round. My guess is the Giants take him at 6.