Liked Posts:
NFL teammates pranking Kyler Murray at training camp next summer

me_814.jpg

By far the best post in this thread

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ugh? The comparison between Jackson and Murray is that they are both dangerous runners. That's it. Jackson was an athlete playing QB. Murray isn't exactly Andrew Luck but he has much more complete QB skill set for todays RPO heavy nfl.

Jackson was drafted 32nd in a very top heavy QB class as the 5th QB. This years QB crop is considerably weaker than the last few years, and Murray has a shot to be QB #1 in this draft. Jackson was QB #5. Always teams trying to trade up to take a QB in the top 10 because they are scared another team might jump them.

My reference to Jackson was to say it would be at the end of the first round, like Jackson.
The guy is small. I know it’s my own opinion, however If he doesn’t at least have Tarik Cohen sized hands, then none of his physical attributes justifies a high first round pick to me. There’s too much bust potential for me. He doesn’t even have a high release point like Brees does to make up for his diminutive stature. His frame is so slight a safety can practically rag doll him to the ground with a single hand on the jersey. Go watch the Alabama game. That’s how I think he’s gonna look in the NFL.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
He’s also only 195 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5`9 195? Ill take a pass. No way if im a GM who needs a qb am i drafting him. I think he could be a nice pickup in a place that has an aging veteran qb so he can have 2 or 3 years to develop and then see what he can do. I personally think he should play baseball.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Different sites list him anywhere between 5'5" to 5'11"...lol

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Ugh? The comparison between Jackson and Murray is that they are both dangerous runners. That's it. Jackson was an athlete playing QB. Murray isn't exactly Andrew Luck but he has much more complete QB skill set for todays RPO heavy nfl.

Jackson was drafted 32nd in a very top heavy QB class as the 5th QB. This years QB crop is considerably weaker than the last few years, and Murray has a shot to be QB #1 in this draft. Jackson was QB #5. Always teams trying to trade up to take a QB in the top 10 because they are scared another team might jump them.

What does this statement even mean, specifically? What about Murray's skill set is 'more complete' than Jackson's (or Luck's?!)? What NFL QBs who are currently successful in the alleged "RPO heavy nfl" does Murray compare favorably to?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Fun Fact that I just learned: Kyler’s father was the hitter who was facing Randy Johnson when that bird was murdered.

Turns out, I was wrong. It appears the player at bat was Kyler's uncle.

My apologies for the confusion.

servi53

Liked Posts:
Remember Doug Flutie, short guy, hell of a quarterback

msadows

Liked Posts:
What does this statement even mean, specifically? What about Murray's skill set is 'more complete' than Jackson's (or Luck's?!)? What NFL QBs who are currently successful in the alleged "RPO heavy nfl" does Murray compare favorably to?

You're back. Nice.

Andrew Luck had an elite passing skillset coming out of college. Lamar Jackson is basically a plus version of Tim Tebow. Bad passer at all levels but great runner. Murray is much more skilled and developed as a passer, his only major passing struggle, as already discussed in this thread, is throwing down the short to intermediate middle since he prob can't see the play develop.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
You're back. Nice.

Weird comment. Glad my CCS comings and goings are being monitored. I never left, I've just been posting with my alt account to change things up.

Andrew Luck had an elite passing skillset coming out of college.

Wow, didn't know that.

Lamar Jackson is basically a plus version of Tim Tebow. Bad passer at all levels but great runner.

Great comp to Tebow. Also the bad passer/great runner scouting report for Jackson is insightful.

Murray is much more skilled and developed as a passer, his only major passing struggle, as already discussed in this thread, is throwing down the short to intermediate middle since he prob can't see the play develop.

LOL at the bolded. It wasn't "discussed". You didn't even say it (obviously). Dennehy (bless him) actually went into specifics of Murray's game in Post #35. I agree with Dennehy's assessment. I'm still not sure what you are trying to say about Murray, though.

First, you initially said that Murray had a 'more complete skillset' than Jackson. You still don't really address this...what about Murray, specifically, is more 'complete' than Jackson? Also, you now say that is Murray more 'developed' than Jackson, but Murray has about 1/3 of the starts and 1/2 the attempts that Jackson had in college. Huh?

Again, since you seemingly forgot half my post despite quoting it, what NFL QBs who are currently successful in the alleged "RPO heavy nfl" does Murray compare favorably to?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm curious how many teams actually run the RPO in the "RPO heavy NFL"

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I'm curious how many teams actually run the RPO in the "RPO heavy NFL"

Same here. Dennehy said that NFL teams would have to adjust their offense to give Murray a better chance to succeed, whereas msadows is saying that NFL teams already run Oklahoma's offense. I must have not seen as much NFL games as I thought, because I cannot recall this, but who knows?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Same here. Dennehy said that NFL teams would have to adjust their offense to give Murray a better chance to succeed, whereas msadows is saying that NFL teams already run Oklahoma's offense. I must have not seen as much NFL games as I thought, because I cannot recall this, but who knows?

Apparently not me, based on my new moniker.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Weird comment. Glad my CCS comings and goings are being monitored. I never left, I've just been posting with my alt account to change things up.

Wow, didn't know that.

Great comp to Tebow. Also the bad passer/great runner scouting report for Jackson is insightful.

LOL at the bolded. It wasn't "discussed". You didn't even say it (obviously). Dennehy (bless him) actually went into specifics of Murray's game in Post #35. I agree with Dennehy's assessment. I'm still not sure what you are trying to say about Murray, though.

First, you initially said that Murray had a 'more complete skillset' than Jackson. You still don't really address this...what about Murray, specifically, is more 'complete' than Jackson? Also, you now say that is Murray more 'developed' than Jackson, but Murray has about 1/3 of the starts and 1/2 the attempts that Jackson had in college. Huh?

Again, since you seemingly forgot half my post despite quoting it, what NFL QBs who are currently successful in the alleged "RPO heavy nfl" does Murray compare favorably to?

God you're unbearable. Literally just getting 4 inch hardons trying to prove people wrong.

He's a better passer in nearly every aspect than Jackson, why the fuck do I have to list it? Just watching either of them in college would show you that. And Murray was always a more skilled and developed passer than Jackson, starts don't matter. There is a reason one was a 3 star recruit and one a 5 star recruit. Murray has a lot more talent as far as throwing the ball, and you can't just magically grow talent.

Yearly until defenses adjust, RPO usage will increase too obviously. I never said that teams are running oklahomas offense, just that more teams are adding the RPO to their playbook. Last year 7 teams had more than 10% of their offensive snaps be RPO's, I'd assume its a lot more this year after the success the Chiefs/Eagles have been having. The traits Murray posseses fit very well into the RPO, good with his first read and quick release, excellent athlete too.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The problem with Murray is that he limits what you can do on offense; you need to build a specific system for him based around his athleticism and arm strength. It pretty much has to be a shotgun system. He's too short to come out from under center and find lanes for a quick slant with consistency, for example. It's why even at college his success from the pocket came on deep, long developing routes where he could show case his ability to get the ball deep in a hurry and with accuracy. But he's not built for quick routes to the middle of the field imo.

That doesn't mean he can't be a really good QB, it just means you need a flexible offensive system that takes advantage of what he can do.

Trouble with short to intermediate routes down the middle. Yea, seem's like it was discussed by dennehy even though you said it wasn't then said it was in the same sentence.