Nagy Found His Out (Matt Nagy not happy about Parkey talking on TV)

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
What stastical evidence, if there really is any, have you provided to confirm your assertion that Soldier Field is terrible to kick at? I’m still waiting. I’ve at least given something. You’ve provided nothing, other than to look at Gould’s career stats. Which means absolutely fuckin nothing when it comes to this argument.

Yeah I get it. Let’s just assume it’s difficult, fuck any statistical analysis.

I seem to keep repeating myself. I had two points...its tricky to kick at Soldier Field (Gould 85% FG with Chicago, 96% with SF/NYG), and the Bears can't attract good kickers (Barf, Santos, Parkey). Sorry if you interpret that as "nothing". If I have provided nothing, then its a remarkable achievement that you have provided even less.

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
Frankly I figured you were just a troll when you began posting in the 3rd person, however I will save you some time. Rory is a troll and your time is wasted on him. There is a reason I have him blocked.

Thanks for the heads up. This fuck doesn’t get it.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Thanks for the heads up. This fuck doesn’t get it.

Sorry that "your time" was wasted on talking football. Too bad...you could have used that time to secure the evidence that opposing kickers make 87%/85-90%/85% of their FGs at Soldier Field.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be "getting", other than now xer0h0ur has inserted himself into a football discussion to complain about non-football things.

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
I seem to keep repeating myself. I had two points...its tricky to kick at Soldier Field (Gould 85% FG with Chicago, 96% with SF/NYG), and the Bears can't attract good kickers (Barf, Santos, Parkey). Sorry if you interpret that as "nothing". If I have provided nothing, then its a remarkable achievement that you have provided even less.

That is correct. You have provided nothing that backs up your assertion. Bears can’t attract good kickers? You listed Parkey there. Yet Parkey is the 21st most accurate FG kicker in NFL history at 84% (and that’s after 2018). Before signing with the Bears? 86%, good for 10th all time.

You’re a fuckin idiot.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
That is correct. You have provided nothing that backs up your assertion. Bears can’t attract good kickers? You listed Parkey there. Yet Parkey is the 21st most accurate FG kicker in NFL history at 84% (and that’s after 2018). Before signing with the Bears? 86%, good for 10th all time.

You’re a fuckin idiot.

Wait. So you are saying that Parkey IS a good kicker and his numbers went below career average when kicking for the Bears? Huh.

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
Wait. So you are saying that Parkey IS a good kicker and his numbers went below career average when kicking for the Bears? Huh.

I believe I wrote kicking is more psychological than anything. Once you’re fucked mentally, it’s hard to overcome that. There are tons of examples of this. Signing Parkey to $9m guaranteed, regardless of how accurate he was, was plain stupid. I wrote that year in and year out, some of the best kickers are the least paid. There’s a reason why kickers aren’t usually drafted, and if they are, they’re drafted late. It’s one thing to keep Parkey after missing the game winning kick at Miami. It’s inexcusable to keep him after missing 2 FG’s and 2 XP’s against Detroit.

If you don’t think it’s psychological, then you don’t understand kicking. Case in point. Back in 2016 the weekend after the Vikings released long time kicker Blair Walsh, after his 4th XP missed of the season, NFL kickers missed 12 XP’s that following weekend. Coincidence? Maybe. Personally I think kickers were thinking too much that weekend. They didn’t want to be the next guy cut.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe I wrote kicking is more psychological than anything. Once you’re fucked mentally, it’s hard to overcome that. There are tons of examples of this. Signing Parkey to $9m guaranteed, regardless of how accurate he was, was plain stupid. I wrote that year in and year out, some of the best kickers are the least paid. There’s a reason why kickers aren’t usually drafted, and if they are, they’re drafted late. It’s one thing to keep Parkey after missing the game winning kick at Miami. It’s inexcusable to keep him after missing 2 FG’s and 2 XP’s against Detroit.

If you don’t think it’s psychological, then you don’t understand kicking. Case in point. Back in 2016 the weekend after the Vikings released long time kicker Blair Walsh, after his 4th XP missed of the season, NFL kickers missed 12 XP’s that following weekend. Coincidence? Maybe. Personally I think kickers were thinking too much that weekend. They didn’t want to be the next guy cut.

images

This is a tragic point you make for these woeful weak kneed sister mental midget no inner fortitude having, lack of bootstraps bitchmaid kickers.

12 missed XTRA PTS because those kickers were overthinking it you say?
tenor.gif

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
My favorite response to see is when people say "Parkey scored more points than the rest of the team, so he did his job." Complete fuckery

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions

No one here is saying kicking is not psychological (although I am not sure I would say "more psychological than anything" as a kicker can have perfect mechanics and still hit the FG even if his confidence/psyche is "low" at that moment proving that physical mechanics may yet still and always trump psychology).

The points made by Rory initially which I feel obligated to help elucidate to you because I thanked is:

1) its tricky to kick at Soldier Field (Gould 85% FG with Chicago, 96% with SF/NYG), and

2) the Bears can't attract good kickers (Barf, Santos, Parkey)

You have been very confusing in your replies to him regarding these statements. You cite opposing kickers FG percentage in Soldier Field but are unaware of the timeframe, distances, opposing wind direction vs. Bears wind direction during same "x" timeframe, and other factors that might be completely unrelated and therefore unusable in defense of Soldier Field as an amenable stadium for placekicking.

That you then also move the goalposts on what counts as "good kickers" to include Parkey in that category so you can dismiss the claim that Chicago maybe has a hard time attracting good kickers is astonishing, and I believe you may also know that deep down as evidenced by your mysterious turn in defining the EXTRA psychological factor in kicking showing a pattern that is really just seeking a debate "win" here while losing focus of the main topic in question.

But I may be wrong. Maybe I just don't "get it"? Whatever that even means? After all, posting may be more psychological than anything else.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

You’re a fuckin idiot.

This is great CCS theater.

A few days ago, I thought I was simply stating the obvious when I said that Rob Ryan's track record as a defensive coach wasn't good, and lo and behold the CCS Intelligentsia disagreed with me, saying Ryan was a good LB coach and would be a great addition to the Bears staff.

Here, I thought I was on terra firma in saying Cody Parkey wasn't a good kicker, but I forgot how quickly the ground shifts on CCS. On January 16, 2019 I am told that I am a fucking idiot for saying such things, and the fact that Parkey missed the 2nd most kicks in the NFL in 2018 while having the 3rd highest salary for kickers is something that can be placed in the category of "good".