OT: Von Miller article on how to beat Tom Brady

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/von-miller-broncos-how-to-beat-tom-brady-patriots

This is from last season, but it's still a decent read. Here's an interesting snippet:
I’m telling you, most guys’ intensity meter goes way up when they play against Tom Brady and the Patriots. And when you’re overexcited or just trying too hard to make a play, that’s when you make mistakes.

I want to sack every quarterback I play against. But do I want to sack Tom Brady any more than the other guys? Of course, I do. I like to compete against the best, and let’s face it: Tom Brady’s the G.O.A.T. That’s why when I sack him, it just feels … better. It’s not just another sack.

So if you’re a defensive back, don’t tell me that when the ball’s in the air and you have a beat on it that you’re not out there thinking, Im’ma get me a pick off Tom Brady!

I know that’s what you’re thinking.

And Tom knows that, too.

So what he’ll do is, he’ll try to draw the pass interference penalty. He won’t just put the ball where only his receiver can get it. He’ll put the ball where the DB has to go through the receiver to get it. Because Tom knows how bad the DB wants that pick, and that he’s gonna be overexcited, and he’s gonna go balls to the wall to try to make a big play instead of making the smart play.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
17 full seasons he's played out of 19 excluded are his rookie and injured seasons. He's made the playoffs 16 of those 17 seasons. He's made the playoffs each of his last 15 seasons played excluding the one he was injured. In those 17 seasons he has won 5 championships and gone to 8 Super Bowls.

Mitchapalooza

The greatest and it's not even close. I always root for him when the bears are out. I hope he gets a 6th ring this year.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
of those 16 postseasons Brady has been to 8 Super Bowls so 50/50 he makes it there half the time. He has been defeated in the postseason 10 times. This is the kind of success I'd love to see from the Bears but with more Super Bowl wins! This one has yet to be decided.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
Me, too. I always root for him as well. I get shit for it, but whatever.

root for success 'cause you know if one team can do it why can't the Bears?! I believe Ryan Pace/Matt Nagy/Mitchell Trubisky have the makings of something special. I believe all three of those guys right there are world class and have what it takes. Whether or not they can make it happen we'll find out soon enough! These next few years are pivotal! The Bears could be setting themselves up to be the team of the 2020s.

Mitchapalooza

root for success 'cause you know if one team can do it why can't the Bears?! I believe Ryan Pace/Matt Nagy/Mitchell Trubisky have the makings of something special. I believe all three of those guys right there are world class and have what it takes. Whether or not they can make it happen we'll find out soon enough! These next few years are pivotal! The Bears could be setting themselves up to be the team of the 2020s.

I think the Bears will be good for awhile with the nucleus we have now, but IMO we will never see anything like the Tom Brady/Belichick Patriots in the NFL ever again. Their success is fucking insane.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He may be the GOAT, but I never root for him. I hate the Patriots, more than the Pack even. I do admire their coaching and organization though.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I only root for them bc the wife is a Pats fan also bc it indirectly takes a shot at Aaron Rodgers greatness

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
With the Bears annually done by January, I always root for the Patriots. I admire their greatness and standards, and hope the Bears reach just a percentage of what they do on a regular basis. Brady is remarkable, he doesn't have the skill set of Mahomes or Rodgers, but he is just clutch and cerebral.

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
I think the Bears will be good for awhile with the nucleus we have now, but IMO we will never see anything like the Tom Brady/Belichick Patriots in the NFL ever again. Their success is fucking insane.

As crazy good the Patriots have been, it is equally crazy how bad the rest of the teams in their division have been. With the exception of a couple of Sanchez led Jets teams, that division has been trash for the majority of that time. With the exception of the Patriots, it is BY FAR the worst division in football.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:

I don't believe that. Sure it seems that way since nobody else has even come close to their success from the past to the present, but trust me if one team can make it happen and still be having success to this day well there's the blueprint in NE and go figure out what they did to get there and go make it happen! So far I think the Bears are headed in the path of sustainable success. Continue to build upon this success and start winning championships and the Bears and Nagy and Trubisky won't be going anywhere anytime soon. In five years I bet they start getting looked at as taking the torch from NE and running with it.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I don't believe that. Sure it seems that way since nobody else has even come close to their success from the past to the present, but trust me if one team can make it happen and still be having success to this day well there's the blueprint in NE and go figure out what they did to get there and go make it happen! So far I think the Bears are headed in the path of sustainable success. Continue to build upon this success and start winning championships and the Bears and Nagy and Trubisky won't be going anywhere anytime soon. In five years I bet they start getting looked at as taking the torch from NE and running with it.

From your lips to gods ear....

mecha

Liked Posts:
first off, Bears aren't winning a Super Bowl.

with that said, I hated the Patriots in their perfect season campaign and wanted the Giants to win, simply because they were such cocky pricks. and when they faced each other again, I once again sided with the Giants. it wasn't until it came down to the Seahawks/Patriots game that I started pulling for them, because the Seahawks are one of my top 3 hated teams in the league. and it's been that way ever since.

the way that franchise operates almost makes me sick, but maybe the Bears are closer to working like that now.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
Von is correct....players are over-amped for the game and Brady exploits them. The biggest thing is to play your game and not adjust to theirs.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember when we thought Belichick killed the Patriots by trading away Garoppolo

belichickjpg-0028352107bd8ade.jpg

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So much for what Von Miller said!!!!!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Remember when we thought Belichick killed the Patriots by trading away Garoppolo

belichickjpg-0028352107bd8ade.jpg

You mean the same posters that don't like Trubs deep ball and gave him shit for his shoulder?:shrug: