Salary Cap Podcast: Bears Cap Situation

Liked Posts:
Parkey is gone for sure so the Bears will be taking a hit. I am just not so sure they are going to sign a high priced kicker like Gould. They may go the undrafted or draft pick route for the kicker to save some money. It depends on how much money they need to re-sign Amos and Callahan.

With Bush on the roster they likely will let Amos go.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Agreed. Cutting them would help cover the kickers salary hit at $5,187,500 (ouch). So cutting all three would save the Bears $2,937,500 in cap money.

Edit to add: I really don't see any other players that the Bears would want to cut just to increase their cap amount. The Bears salary cap money next season will come from the increase in the NFL salary cap league wide.

What Bears fans need to understand, is that the Bears are finally in a position to let players walk and receive comp picks for the first time in years.

Other thing to realize is that with no high picks, the Bears focus will be on signing 1 or 2 impact FA's as well as re signing their own players.

I have to admit, I don't have a fuckin clue what you are talking about. :bizarro:
I quoted the wrong person and my phone doesn't let me see ur quote so i never bothered to look.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Cap Hell hits in 2021 when we are still paying Mack, possibly have to resign Trubisky, and haven't been able to draft cheap, top talent in the first round for two years.

Good point, but that 2nd rd pick they get from the Raiders should be at the top of the 2nd rd in the 2020 draft. Nearly the same value as bottom of the 1st where the original Bears pick they gave up should land. That extra year of control would be nice, but top of the 2nd rd pick shouldn't be overlooked. There will be a really good football player picked in that spot.