Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Not so much shitting on him.

I wish Fangio the best and he deserved his shot to be a head coach. But he is being set up to fail miserably by Elway.

Elway is pretty much making all the personnel decisions, which is why Kubiak was originally pegged to be essentially the co-HC for them. My guess is that his role didn't sit well with either Kubiak or Fangio.

Regardless, it's not so much Bears fans want him to fail, most just feel he will fail because of Denver is a fuel drenched dumpster and Elway is a foot away with a lit match.

I honestly don't know what to think about the Broncos. On one hand, Elway Gm'ed the team to 2 Super Bowls and won one. He had the guts to fire a AFC conference champion HC and bring in the new coach to take them to the next level. Most GMs would never have the guts to define "next level" as a Super Bowl win but would be content to say they have "arrived" at the top levels already. That speaks to Elway as a top-notch competitor imo.

Yet, the stories of his meddling with coaches and assistant-level personnel also strikes of hubris that can backfire and be the source of the direct opposite of inspiration. For Fangio, it is a no-brainer. he does this and it doesn't work then he just goes back to being what he is best at: DC.

For Broncos fans, the nightmare scenario is that it was never Elway but Manning and the D (Manning priamrily getting to first SB and the D winning the other SB) and now Elway doesn't have the GM chops to re-build offensively as he had the GM chops to bring in the greatest free agent QB in the history of free agency.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not so much shitting on him.

I wish Fangio the best and he deserved his shot to be a head coach. But he is being set up to fail miserably by Elway.

Elway is pretty much making all the personnel decisions, which is why Kubiak was originally pegged to be essentially the co-HC for them. My guess is that his role didn't sit well with either Kubiak or Fangio.

Regardless, it's not so much Bears fans want him to fail, most just feel he will fail because of Denver is a fuel drenched dumpster and Elway is a foot away with a lit match.
He's obviously picking his own D guys.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Yet, the stories of his meddling with coaches and assistant-level personnel also strikes of hubris that can backfire and be the source of the direct opposite of inspiration.

Disagree. Elway should have meddled more, forcing Vance Joseph to retain Wade Phillips as the DC. He let Joseph get rid of Phillips, which IMO is the biggest factor in Denver's recent struggles (other than Vance Joseph himself).

[video=youtube;9F0f013sLIo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F0f013sLIo[/video]

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is not really surprising.

It would have been nice to keep him, he has done an incredible job with the DBs.

There was always going to be turnover. I guess I am less concerned because of all the development that has happened already. It is not like Fuller is going to forget everything that Fangio taught him and revert back to the Mel Tucker version.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I'll never understand why some people think that great player=great coach.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Because mike brown has a trait I think would work as a coach. I don’t see that trait in Briggs urlacher Tillman but brown had that. Always saw him as a future coach

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Disagree. Elway should have meddled more, forcing Vance Joseph to retain Wade Phillips as the DC. He let Joseph get rid of Phillips, which IMO is the biggest factor in Denver's recent struggles (other than Vance Joseph himself).

On that video note...

[video=youtube;4BQLE_RrTSU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BQLE_RrTSU[/video]

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why are people shitting on Fangio? Fuckin weird.

How are you even remotely surprised? This is literally CCS' and Bears fans' go to every time a player or coach worth a shit leaves. Jilted lover / psycho ex-girlfriend syndrome.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I honestly don't know what to think about the Broncos. On one hand, Elway Gm'ed the team to 2 Super Bowls and won one. He had the guts to fire a AFC conference champion HC and bring in the new coach to take them to the next level. Most GMs would never have the guts to define "next level" as a Super Bowl win but would be content to say they have "arrived" at the top levels already. That speaks to Elway as a top-notch competitor imo.

Yet, the stories of his meddling with coaches and assistant-level personnel also strikes of hubris that can backfire and be the source of the direct opposite of inspiration. For Fangio, it is a no-brainer. he does this and it doesn't work then he just goes back to being what he is best at: DC.

For Broncos fans, the nightmare scenario is that it was never Elway but Manning and the D (Manning priamrily getting to first SB and the D winning the other SB) and now Elway doesn't have the GM chops to re-build offensively as he had the GM chops to bring in the greatest free agent QB in the history of free agency.

There is nothing to figure out here. Elway bought the Broncos a SB. He will never do it through the draft. Especially because he is such an intrusive spaz. Right on par with Jerry Jones if not worse at this point. I appreciate everything Fangio did for us these past four years but he really didn't put himself in a good spot with Elway running the show completely.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Not that I know of but it’s something many speculated back in the good lovie days

He’s pretty much disappeared from pro football since retiring

And maybe he prefers it that way.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
This whole thing in Denver is not looking great. Vic is gonna improve their defense definitely but they are in a brutal division and their QB situation is really dire.

What if both Vic and Ed are paid roughly double what they were in Chicago. Might you understand how it's a good move?

Also for Ed, maybe he's not a fan of Pagano. We are just assuming all these coaches or coordinators love playing for our team because they they have a special place in our heart.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
There is nothing to figure out here. Elway bought the Broncos a SB. He will never do it through the draft. Especially because he is such an intrusive spaz. Right on par with Jerry Jones if not worse at this point. I appreciate everything Fangio did for us these past four years but he really didn't put himself in a good spot with Elway running the show completely.

Bolded represents supposition and allegations reported as facts that I am unwilling/unable to believe without further evidence. Elway doesn't run the show completely in the sense that he allows defensive HCs like Joseph and Fangio to do what they want defensively while he maneuvers things on the offensive side of the ball including letting Joseph let Wade go.

Jerry Jones on the other hand has been far more reasonable than he was in the past in listening to his football people and drafting OL instead of Manziel etc. Where Elway is on the "Jerry Jones control freak" spectrum is speculation that I suspect you don't know - including where Jones is himself at this point.

But glad to know that "there is nothing to figure out" and Denver is screwed because you know he is spazzing. I love being set straight by experts on CCS.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
In another thread it was rumored Ed reed would be in like to coach

I still think mike brown should take a shot at it

Well, until someone has experience with coaching let's just focus on getting qualified coaching candidates.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Bolded represents supposition and allegations reported as facts that I am unwilling/unable to believe. Elway doesn't run the show completely in the sense that he allows defensive HCs like Joseph and Fangio to do what they want defensively while he maneuvers things on the offensive side of the ball including letting Joseph let Wade go.

Jerry Jones on the other hand has been far more reasonable than he was in the past in listening to his football people and drafting OL instead of Manziel etc. Where Elway is on the "Jerry Jones control freak" spectrum is speculation that I suspect you don't know - including where Jones is himself at this point.

But glad to know that "there is nothing to figure out" and Denver is screwed because you know he is spazzing. I love being set straight by experts on CCS.

Disagree. If anyone would know what an intrusive spaz is, it would be xer0h0ur. I am deferring to his judgement on this one.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The other issue that is not being talked about here is the issues the Bowlen family is currently going through. Once Pat dies it might take awhile to figure out who is signing the checks.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
The other issue that is not being talked about here is the issues the Bowlen family is currently going through. Once Pat dies it might take awhile to figure out who is signing the checks.

Yeah, that's a tough deal. I can't imagine what would happen to the Bears if McCaskey kids started dying off...who would be calling the plays?

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well, until someone has experience with coaching let's just focus on getting qualified coaching candidates.

Agreed.

I remember reading a psychology article about great athletes making for poor coaches. The idea was they were so skilled, they did not think while performing, and therefore could not explain what they did.

They did an experiment with golfers. Had great pro players hit 4 foot putts, and the same for inexperienced players who have coached or taught. They had half the pros write describing their putts, and half not. Same with the coaches/teachers. On the second putt, the pros who described their first shot in writing did terribly, the ones who didn't write did the same as previously. The coaches had a slight improvement on 2nd go for both those who wrote and didn't.

Kind of ties in with the idea of players playing better by using instincts, and not thinking.

Interesting.