Ed Donatell to be hired as the Broncos DC

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The other issue that is not being talked about here is the issues the Bowlen family is currently going through. Once Pat dies it might take awhile to figure out who is signing the checks.

The Broncos are a mess on multiple levels.

There is already a lawsuit going between his relations.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The Broncos are a mess on multiple levels.

There is already a lawsuit going between his relations.

Vic can easily shield himself from that, not sure Elway can. Which actually might work out better for Vic.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bolded represents supposition and allegations reported as facts that I am unwilling/unable to believe without further evidence. Elway doesn't run the show completely in the sense that he allows defensive HCs like Joseph and Fangio to do what they want defensively while he maneuvers things on the offensive side of the ball including letting Joseph let Wade go.

Jerry Jones on the other hand has been far more reasonable than he was in the past in listening to his football people and drafting OL instead of Manziel etc. Where Elway is on the "Jerry Jones control freak" spectrum is speculation that I suspect you don't know - including where Jones is himself at this point.

But glad to know that "there is nothing to figure out" and Denver is screwed because you know he is spazzing. I love being set straight by experts on CCS.

LOLWUT? Its out there. Go read it. Its not like I formed my opinion out of thin air. You won't have problems finding media talking about Elway's control and intrusiveness. Now if you think I am supposed to somehow have inside personal knowledge to have relevance on the subject then you're batshit crazy. I'm not an NFL insider or media.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Agreed.

I remember reading a psychology article about great athletes making for poor coaches. The idea was they were so skilled, they did not think while performing, and therefore could not explain what they did.

They did an experiment with golfers. Had great pro players hit 4 foot putts, and the same for inexperienced players who have coached or taught. They had half the pros write describing their putts, and half not. Same with the coaches/teachers. On the second putt, the pros who described their first shot in writing did terribly, the ones who didn't write did the same as previously. The coaches had a slight improvement on 2nd go for both those who wrote and didn't.

Kind of ties in with the idea of players playing better by using instincts, and not thinking.

Interesting.

If you remember the name of that article, I'd love to read it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Neither Fangio nor Donatell getting promoted is a bad for them. Opportunities are few and far between in the NFL. You take them when you can. For those two, it was their only opportunity to advance.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Neither Fangio nor Donatell getting promoted is a bad for them. Opportunities are few and far between in the NFL. You take them when you can. For those two, it was their only opportunity to advance.

Donatell has been a DC three times before now.

EDIT: twice in the NFL, once in the Pac 10.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Donatell has been a DC three times before now.

EDIT: twice in the NFL, once in the Pac 10.

And it may not happen again so you take the opportunity when you can. Better pay better job title.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
LOLWUT? Its out there. Go read it.

No shit. My position was not "There are no reports of Elway being intrusive". My position was that I do not believe everything I read just because it's "out there".

Its not like I formed my opinion out of thin air. You won't have problems finding media talking about Elway's control and intrusiveness.

But you acted as if it were fact not opinion when you said "There is nothing to figure out".

You should already know I knew the media talked about Elway's alleged intrusiveness when I said "yet, the stories of his meddling with coaches and assistant-level personnel also strikes of hubris that can backfire and be the source of the direct opposite of inspiration" as part of my trying to figure out if Elway is really good and Denver is going to be ok

or if Denver is screwed because Elway just happened to be the GM to sign Manning at the right time when the defense was already elite.

Now if you think I am supposed to somehow have inside personal knowledge to have relevance on the subject then you're batshit crazy. I'm not an NFL insider or media

So why did you even reply to me? Why did you act as if it was known already? Why did you feel the need to set me straight regarding how there is "nothing to figure out" about Elway? You implied you had knowledge that makes this a foregone conclusion that Elway sucks so bad Denver will have no more significant winning runs under him?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
LOLWUT? Its out there. Go read it. Its not like I formed my opinion out of thin air. You won't have problems finding media talking about Elway's control and intrusiveness. Now if you think I am supposed to somehow have inside personal knowledge to have relevance on the subject then you're batshit crazy. I'm not an NFL insider or media.

This is so cringeworthy. I love the leap from 'making any sense whatsoever' to 'have inside personal knowledge', as if you need to be an 'NFL insider' to know that Bradley Chubb did pretty well as a rookie last year. Go figure.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
This is so cringeworthy. I love the leap from 'making any sense whatsoever' to 'have inside personal knowledge', as if you need to be an 'NFL insider' to know that Bradley Chubb did pretty well as a rookie last year. Go figure.

I imagine he might respond by saying the Chubb pick (and other draft picks post SB) hasn't won Elway anything yet, but you are right in that he cannot possibly say "Elway won't win again by drafting players".

My favorite is not only knowing Elway interferes in coaching and personnel but also knowing Elway interferes:

1) more than the average NFL GM
2) so much so that it will preclude Denver from getting back to a championship caliber team

... except he doesn't know. If I am to think he has inside personal knowledge I am batshit crazy. Yet if I post saying I am uncertain about Elway as a GM there is literally "nothing to figure out here".

It's a special kind of CCS posting there.

Last edited: