[CBS Sports] Bears to hire Kansas State DC Ted Monachino for defensive staff

msadows

Liked Posts:
What on earth are you talking about....

I'm saying ______________ got hired as the DC of Kansas State during the offseason, lasted a month, and left to be a positional coach for the top defense in the NFL.

Fill in the blank.

Hint, both Rex Ryan and Ted Monachino fit!

Rex Ryan coached as many games for Kstate as you and I did.

This thread does keep on giving.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
So long as he has experience I think the worries of a disappointing 2019-2020 season have been alleviated

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So long as he has experience I think the worries of a disappointing 2019-2020 season have been alleviated

More importantly, Nagy does not have to do double duty.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
bears have had an OLB coach (brandon staley) and an ILB coach (glenn pires). question is if pagano will have the same or just have monachino handle both.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
bears have had an OLB coach (brandon staley) and an ILB coach (glenn pires). question is if pagano will do the same or just have monachino handle both.

Is that really an important question?

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
But, is it?
giphy.gif

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Ed Reed hopefully.

I don't know man i'm kinda in between on Reed. One of my favorite players ever to watch play but just cause he was one of the greatest safeties to ever play the game doesn't mean he can coach them up. I would be very intrigued to see Ed Reed talking to Eddie Jackson and thinking about Eddie becoming the next great safety. I wouldn't be mad at it cause it's Ed Fucking Reed but a little nervous about it.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don't know man i'm kinda in between on Reed. One of my favorite players ever to watch play but just cause he was one of the greatest safeties to ever play the game doesn't mean he can coach them up. I would be very intrigued to see Ed Reed talking to Eddie Jackson and thinking about Eddie becoming the next great safety. I wouldn't be mad at it cause it's Ed Fucking Reed but a little nervous about it.

Guess is Ed ends up coming in for another assistant DB role with a major emphasis on the safety position. Chuck played safety and his expertise in coaching is DB's, so he is already essentially the DB coach. What surprised the fuck out of me was letting Roy Anderson go, which was someone Chuck was VERY familiar with, having him be his safeties coach in Indy during his regime.

Who knows, maybe Ed will end up becoming the main guy at DB, but my guess is Greg Williams from Denver once he gets let go by Fangio(I'm assuming fangio hires Anderson).

Either way, I doubt it matters since Chuck is great at coaching secondary.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I'm saying ______________ got hired as the DC of Kansas State during the offseason, lasted a month, and left to be a positional coach for the top defense in the NFL.

Fill in the blank.

Hint, both Rex Ryan and Ted Monachino fit!

Rex Ryan coached as many games for Kstate as you and I did.

This thread does keep on giving.

Uh, yeah. I'm not sure why you are repeating my words to me, but pretending that you were the person who said them originally. Incredible stuff.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Uh, yeah. I'm not sure why you are repeating my words to me, but pretending that you were the person who said them originally. Incredible stuff.

Said he is a "high character guy" sarcastically because he left a shit program for a NFL job.

You said a DC position at a BIG 12 school matters. It really doesn't, no one plays D in the Big 12. And KState is like a bottom feeder school in that conference. Asked your own hypothetical question if a position coach in the NFL on a top tier defense is a better career path than a DC at Kstate, which yes, Rory, it is. If the guy has any hopes to becoming a DC in the nfl again, thats how he does it.

Then you said Rex Ryan coached there to try to make it seem like KState matters, when in fact he didn't fucking coach a single game there. Did the same exact fucking thing the "high character" guy you called out in your first post did.

I didn't really repeat your words. But if you think so, thats fine. To me it just seems like you spoke out of your ass and you now are acting like people don't understand your literal ass vomit.