Gould: I will probably retire a Bear

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I think he was probably talking about more, read between the lines. Cut Acho, Simms, and Parkey. Then sign Gould for $2 Mil, and the Bears still gain a $1 Mil in cap space. Just saying.

Yeah no. I think he was talking about retiring with the team he spent the majority of his career with, as he said.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I welcome the return of Good As Gould. He's a locker room leader. Remember that time he yelled at Brandon Marshal? Or was it the other way around. Anyway, Gould beat up Marshall and made him cry so you know he's got ice in his veins

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Plz don't franchise him! HE WANTS TO COME HOME! :(

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Yeah no. I think he was talking about retiring with the team he spent the majority of his career with, as he said.

Uh yeah, of course he was saying/talking about signing a 1 day contract with the Bears..... but seriously, you don't think the timing of him being a FA and the Bears clusterfuck at the K position along with the timing of it all had a "between the lines" meaning just as I said? I guess not for you ....

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Uh yeah, of course he was saying/talking about signing a 1 day contract with the Bears..... but seriously, you don't think the timing of him being a FA and the Bears clusterfuck at the K position along with the timing of it all had a "between the lines" meaning just as I said? I guess not ....

I think it's honestly pretty obvious that he's sending a signal to PACE to get his head out of the fog and try to either: Acquire him for a hometown discount OR drive up his price to stay with the niners.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gould wants the franchise tag from SF.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think he was probably talking about more, read between the lines. Cut Acho, Simms, and Parkey. Then sign Gould for $2 Mil, and the Bears still gain a $1 Mil in cap space. Just saying.

Shit i'd take Gould all day for $2 mil but he's gonna get much more then that from other teams.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Shit i'd take Gould all day for $2 mil but he's gonna get much more then that from other teams.

Not if he signs with the Bears, who are in Chicago, where his family lives.

Jeesh.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Gould is as good at negotiating as he is at kicking. He sat live right in front of what we all heard as double doink, he heard as cha Ching$$$!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gould is basically announcing he will go to Chicago if SF doesn’t fork over the money.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Gould is basically announcing he will go to Chicago if SF doesn’t fork over the money.

Or he's announcing he plans on retiring a Bear the same way Tillman and Forte did, and perhaps having some fun with the meatballs along the way.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Or he's announcing he plans on retiring a Bear the same way Tillman and Forte did, and perhaps having some fun with the meatballs along the way.

Yeah it could also be this.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I'm sure if money weren't the major issue he would come back to chicago to play for us.

His entire life is in Chicago, of course he would prefer to play here over San Fran. Too bad 9ers aint gonna let one of the best kickers in the nfl walk, and even if they did Pace wouldn't have the cash to pay him.
You really think a team would use a franchise tag on a kicker? A team would really have to have nothing else going on playerwise, but I guess it could happen. I wonder if it's ever happened? I'll google that....

There's been 3 since 2012. Not too often.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I think it's honestly pretty obvious that he's sending a signal to PACE to get his head out of the fog and try to either: Acquire him for a hometown discount OR drive up his price to stay with the niners.
Can't we give Parkey and his contract to a team with a worse kicker?

And then bring Robbie home?

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
You really think a team would use a franchise tag on a kicker? A team would really have to have nothing else going on playerwise, but I guess it could happen. I wonder if it's ever happened? I'll google that....

I don't think it's the case, but the 49ers literally do have nothing else going on playerwise. That roster is a dumpsterfire.

Rise

Liked Posts:

Have you seen how bad the kicking was across the league this year? So many missed and if you don’t have that position locked down it can ruin your entire season! If any fan base should know by now the value of the kicker it should be this one.

Gould is 100% worth the tag if necessary.

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts:
Do you guys remember that Gould was the Bears NFLPA union rep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gould will demand top 3 kicker $. Which would mean if the Bears sign him to what he's going to demand, they will be paying two kickers top 5 $$ in the same season since they still owe Parkey

lol

its not happening fellas