dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Anthony Harris has better range and instinct he is also a better tackler and is always around the ball unlike Amos who disappears.
Will be cheaper too. You steal him from the Vikings and you're making the division weaker while making the team better.

You aren't the only one with an eye on A.Harris.

https://email.fansided.com/c/eJx1Tk...ju3ZH_-uB0F8h6RQSW-yWED1VH0pOzW9Yti23_AVEZFqj

Safety Anthony Harris
After taking over for injured starting safety Andrew Sendejo, backup Anthony Harris rose to the occasion. The 27-year-old is entering his fifth year in the league and is a restricted free agent for the Minnesota Vikings. Depending on if he receives an offer from the Vikings, and for how much, the Bears could end up getting a bargain.

Harris is coming off a season in which he appeared in 15 games while starting nine of them. He finished with a total of 46 tackles, six passes defended and three interceptions — one of them should be familiar to Bears fans.

PFF MIN Vikings
@PFF_Vikings
Top 7 graded #Vikings on defense in 2018:
1.) S Anthony Harris 89.0
2.) S Harrison Smith 79.7
3.) CB Mackensie Alexander 78.2
4.) ED Danielle Hunter 77.9
5.) DI Linval Joseph 75.6
6.) DI Sheldon Richardon 72.2
7.) LB Anthony Barr 71.4

1:02 PM - Jan 3, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
45 people are talking about this
The Virginia product could fill in nicely for Adrian Amos, who is also a free agent. If Amos commands a decent amount of money (which he likely will), the Bears could be forced to let him walk. With that being said, Harris would be a cheaper replacement who could step in and continue the momentum he’s built at this stage in his career.

Behind arguably the best front seven in football, and one of the best secondaries in the NFL, Harris would be surrounded by tons of talent to continue his development. Is he a starting-quality safety in the league? Based on last year alone, absolutely. But, is his play sustainable? That’s another question altogether. He’s never been in that position. For his price, he would be worth an offer.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I get the feeling the Amos will chase the money in FA and walk. It seems as though maybe Pace teetered on the idea of signing Amos to a "cheaper" long term deal the last couple of seasons, but Amos definitely has been playing toward FA imo.

I could see Callahan taking a "fair" deal, however. Given his injury history and emergence of playing time in this defense, I could see him taking the "safe" route instead of FA.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
If forced to pick I’d go with Amos over Callahan. Amos has played very well and now has some chemistry with Eddie Jackson. Hard to re-sign a guy who misses time every year.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
You aren't the only one with an eye on A.Harris.

https://email.fansided.com/c/eJx1Tk...ju3ZH_-uB0F8h6RQSW-yWED1VH0pOzW9Yti23_AVEZFqj

Safety Anthony Harris
After taking over for injured starting safety Andrew Sendejo, backup Anthony Harris rose to the occasion. The 27-year-old is entering his fifth year in the league and is a restricted free agent for the Minnesota Vikings. Depending on if he receives an offer from the Vikings, and for how much, the Bears could end up getting a bargain.

Harris is coming off a season in which he appeared in 15 games while starting nine of them. He finished with a total of 46 tackles, six passes defended and three interceptions — one of them should be familiar to Bears fans.

PFF MIN Vikings
@PFF_Vikings
Top 7 graded #Vikings on defense in 2018:
1.) S Anthony Harris 89.0
2.) S Harrison Smith 79.7
3.) CB Mackensie Alexander 78.2
4.) ED Danielle Hunter 77.9
5.) DI Linval Joseph 75.6
6.) DI Sheldon Richardon 72.2
7.) LB Anthony Barr 71.4

1:02 PM - Jan 3, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
45 people are talking about this
The Virginia product could fill in nicely for Adrian Amos, who is also a free agent. If Amos commands a decent amount of money (which he likely will), the Bears could be forced to let him walk. With that being said, Harris would be a cheaper replacement who could step in and continue the momentum he’s built at this stage in his career.

Behind arguably the best front seven in football, and one of the best secondaries in the NFL, Harris would be surrounded by tons of talent to continue his development. Is he a starting-quality safety in the league? Based on last year alone, absolutely. But, is his play sustainable? That’s another question altogether. He’s never been in that position. For his price, he would be worth an offer.

Finally !!! Lol

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
If knowing Nagys' playbook is key, I'd take a long look at every KC FA this offseason

WR- Chris Conley
TE- Demetrius Harris?? etc etc. Both of those could be cheap upgrades and familiar with the offense which seems to be a huge upside.

Of course I'm not a Chiefs fan, so these guys could suck and theres a reason they are FA, but worth a look none the less??

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I get the feeling the Amos will chase the money in FA and walk. It seems as though maybe Pace teetered on the idea of signing Amos to a "cheaper" long term deal the last couple of seasons, but Amos definitely has been playing toward FA imo.

I could see Callahan taking a "fair" deal, however. Given his injury history and emergence of playing time in this defense, I could see him taking the "safe" route instead of FA.

Amos supposedly put in some work to recruit ARob to come here so maybe ARob can pay it back and get him to stick around on at least a little bit of a team friendly deal....i doubt it but ya never know.

greg23

Liked Posts:
If knowing Nagys' playbook is key, I'd take a long look at every KC FA this offseason

WR- Chris Conley
TE- Demetrius Harris?? etc etc. Both of those could be cheap upgrades and familiar with the offense which seems to be a huge upside.

Of course I'm not a Chiefs fan, so these guys could suck and theres a reason they are FA, but worth a look none the less??

I would take both in a heartbeat along with resigning Callahan, letting amos walk and signing Harris from Minn as the replacement starting safety.

Then go address the o-line (restructure long, let massie walk, sign competition rt for coward and bring back witzman for the eventual long injury)

Think all that can be done within the budget and not compromising future in house fa.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Concerning Amos and Callahan, it doesn’t have to be an either/or. The Bears can sign them both if they *really* want to and make next year THE year. I’d be good with that.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
If forced to pick I’d go with Amos over Callahan. Amos has played very well and now has some chemistry with Eddie Jackson. Hard to re-sign a guy who misses time every year.

Agree, I am going with Amos over Callahan. I love Callahan but Amos is always available to play every Sunday. It is hard to stay healthy as a safety, plus he played well again this year. The safety market was super slow this past off season. Bears need to keep Jackson and Amos together. Hoping they keep both.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Agree, I am going with Amos over Callahan. I love Callahan but Amos is always available to play every Sunday. It is hard to stay healthy as a safety, plus he played well again this year. The safety market was super slow this past off season. Bears need to keep Jackson and Amos together. Hoping they keep both.

It's too bad we don't have more cap space cause it's actually a really good year for free agent safeties. How great would a L.Collins or T.Mathieu or E.Thomas or L.Joyner with Eddie Jackson combo look for us. Would love to just be able to keep Amos and Callahan and i'm sure it could still happen cause there's ways to create cap space but just can't see both coming back.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:

The Bears FINALLY have the safety position locked down after a decade of instability. I'd hate for that to get wrecked again.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hopefully Hiestand can get Daniels into high gear next year. 2 of Hiestand's pupils at ND are now starting All-Pro's

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I would take both in a heartbeat along with resigning Callahan, letting amos walk and signing Harris from Minn as the replacement starting safety.

Then go address the o-line (restructure long, let massie walk, sign competition rt for coward and bring back witzman for the eventual long injury)

Think all that can be done within the budget and not compromising future in house fa.

I'd wager that Harris from MIN won't be much that much cheaper than Amos when it's all said and done.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
3 potential replacements for Massie at RT.

https://email.fansided.com/c/eJx1Tl...rP6fl_PnGITyo8p4I2py0BI7e_XJRavmnLuWb5A66TUQk

If the Chicago Bears let Bobby Massie walk in free agency, who are some potential veterans who can step in
Yesterday we broke down the pros and cons and the potential contract that Bobby Massie may see in free agency. While it is not crazy to say that he will be back next season, there is a chance that he has played his last snaps with the Chicago Bears.

With that in mind, the team is going to have to replace him. While the draft would be the first place they look their first-round pick is Khalil Mack and their second-round pick Anthony Miller. They also have Rashaad Coward, a project who showed promise last preseason.

While they would like to bet on his upside of being a starter, that is no promise. They may want to add a bridge player to get him one more year of work before starting. If that is the route that they go, who are some right tackle options?

1. Marcus Gilbert
Marcus Gilbert was once regarded as one of the best right tackles in the NFL with the Pittsburgh Steelers. However, over the past two seasons, he has played in just 12 games combined. Injuries, as well as a steroid suspension, have hampered his progression as the former second-round pick now reaches 30 years old.

The team discovered Matt Feiler due to the absence of Gilbert and drafted Chuks Okorafor in round three after the Gilbert suspension. This is a team that takes pride in their offensive line. They have a chance to shed $6 million by letting go of Gilbert, which is a no brainer for them.

If Gilbert has a big market, he may not be the best bet for the Chicago Bears. However, he is going to be 31 and has serious health questions. If the Bears can get one good season from Gilbert, it would be a better bet than Bobby Massie.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Donald Penn is an interesting name.

If the Raiders cut him, which seems likely, he would not count towards comp picks. He is also really good at RT or LT even at 36 he would provide a super sub at both or a starter at RT if Coward flops.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Those are some pretty shitty ass choices lol

wazzupi

Liked Posts:

I like It

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Donald Penn is an interesting name.

If the Raiders cut him, which seems likely, he would not count towards comp picks. He is also really good at RT or LT even at 36 he would provide a super sub at both or a starter at RT if Coward flops.

I wouldn't mind at all if we went with vets who were in their mid to late 30's as long as they can still produce like starting level players. We are trying to win now so i'll take a couple of them on 1 or 2 year deals.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't mind at all if we went with vets who were in their mid to late 30's as long as they can still produce like starting level players. We are trying to win now so i'll take a couple of them on 1 or 2 year deals.

uh, who would mind?

BEARS