What is the minimum you would accept for Howard?

What is the minimum pick you would accept for Howard?

• 2nd

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • 3rd

Votes: 32 33.0%
  • 4th

Votes: 34 35.1%
  • 5th

Votes: 19 19.6%
  • 6th

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 7th

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What is the minimum draft pick you would accept for Howard to trade him in the offseason?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
For me it is a 5th.

I know his value has decreased with a bad year and only 1 more cheap year on his deal, but the 5th round would be my minimum. The 5th rounf has been good for Pace and below that I would just keep him and run him for a year.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
His $700K next year for depth might be better than the 6th or 7th rnd pick that could be possible in a trade, which even that I doubt.

msadows

Liked Posts:
His $700K next year for depth might be better than the 6th or 7th rnd pick that could be possible in a trade, which even that I doubt.

Depends. If Nagy knows he is not the answer for this offensive scheme, AND we draft/sign a player he envisions to be a fit, then trading him away is worth more than letting him rot away on the roster getting 8 carries a game.

msadows

Liked Posts:
However, I dont think there is any chance he goes for less than a 5th.

Ajayi went for a 4th and wasn't the same caliber of RB as Howard. I'm guessing a 4th. Ajayi had 1.5 years left on his rookie deal, Howard has 1.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Depends. If Nagy knows he is not the answer for this offensive scheme, AND we draft/sign a player he envisions to be a fit, then trading him away is worth more than letting him rot away on the roster getting 8 carries a game.

I don't think any team would trade for him in his final year of a rookie contract, when they could draft someone they have more control over for 4 years.

At any rate, I think a 6th or 7th is the best the Bears could hope for.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
4th to me and I know we would be lucky to land a 4th for a rb. I rather just keep him but the writing is on the wall

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
There's no option for first rounder.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Selling low is bad idea unless it is addition by subtraction. You are not going to get much for Howard, plus you need a replacement. Unless Mizzel gets your juices flowing.

Add Hunt and this is a different discussion.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don't think any team would trade for him in his final year of a rookie contract, when they could draft someone they have more control over for 4 years.

Eagles basically just did that....

And Howard is a proven commodity, and in the right scheme is a top 10 back.

Drafting someone guarantees you none of that. There will be a team that offers much more than a 6th or 7th rounder. Look at Amari Cooper, dude just got a 1st rounder at the end of his rookie deal. Golden Tate got a 3rd in a trade on the last year of his deal. Obviously RB isn't as valued as WR, but my guess is he can get a late 4th.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Eagles basically just did that....

And Howard is a proven commodity, and in the right scheme is a top 10 back.

Drafting someone guarantees you none of that. There will be a team that offers much more than a 6th or 7th rounder. Look at Amari Cooper, dude just got a 1st rounder at the end of his rookie deal. Golden Tate got a 3rd in a trade on the last year of his deal. Obviously RB isn't as valued as WR, but my guess is he can get a late 4th.

Ajayi was traded for mid-season to be a final piece. Cooper has much, much more value as a WR than Howard does as a RB, and so did Tate.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'd say he's worth a 3rd or 4th but it's become an undervalued position. Think you're right though, a team would think they could find their own rb in the 3rd or 4th round, pay less for longer, and still get instant production.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ajayi was traded for mid-season to be a final piece. Cooper has much, much more value as a WR than Howard does as a RB.

Carlos Hyde was traded for a 5th round pick.

So you are telling me Carlos Hyde has the same worth as Jordan Howard.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Carlos Hyde was traded for a 5th round pick.

So you are telling me Carlos Hyde has the same worth as Jordan Howard.

Hyde is a better example than the others you gave. The Bears might be able to get lucky and have a team in desperation make a bad move like the Jags did. I just don't see it at this point.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
For me it is a 5th.

I know his value has decreased with a bad year and only 1 more cheap year on his deal, but the 5th round would be my minimum. The 5th rounf has been good for Pace and below that I would just keep him and run him for a year.

5th for me as well. But I would package him with Kyle Long if I thought it could get me a 4th.

msadows

Liked Posts:
5th for me as well. But I would package him with Kyle Long if I thought it could get me a 4th.

???

You’d have to give them a pick to take Kyle Longs shit contract off our hands.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Package him with Kyle Long and Kyle long's contract lol. :bowrofl::bizarro::bizarro::bizarro::bizarro: