Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Take a break, Windy

TBH you need to look in the mirror bub. Its you that has been stubbornly unwilling to accept reality.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I don't know what the eff you guys are talking about....cut him?

They could convert him to a fullback. Think about it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
TBH you need to look in the mirror bub. Its you that has been stubbornly unwilling to accept reality.

Not even close. I have no problem if they move on from Massie. But only if they have a replacement they are comfortable. Windy is trying to justify a converted DT to RT after one year because he looked good in preseason. The guy hasn't been on the active roster yet Windy wants to pencil him in as the starter to save a few million dollars.....

If you are going to downgrade a position to save a few bucks do it at SS, NCB not RT.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not even close. I have no problem if they move on from Massie. But only if they have a replacement they are comfortable. Windy is trying to justify a converted DT to RT after one year because he looked good in preseason. The guy hasn't been on the active roster yet Windy wants to pencil him in as the starter to save a few million dollars.....

If you are going to downgrade a position to save a few bucks do it at SS, NCB not RT.

Except for the fact that Coward went from practice squad to the 53 which clearly meant that Hiestand and company wanted him to be actively practicing with the team throughout the season to gauge where he is at in his transition from DL to OL. This wasn't done on a whim or without reason. It was to see if he was a viable replacement for guard or tackle. Something you are entirely unwilling to accept as reality. That is a you problem dawg. Sorry.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except for the fact that Coward went from practice squad to the 53 which clearly meant that Hiestand and company wanted him to be actively practicing with the team throughout the season to gauge where he is at in his transition from DL to OL. This wasn't done on a whim or without reason. It was to see if he was a viable replacement for guard or tackle. Something you are entirely unwilling to accept as reality. That is a you problem dawg. Sorry.

This is also not a guarantee that he can start. As I stated before there are a lot of people on the roster you don't want starting or are not ready to start...

BTW he did not make if off the inactives list......

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So what you're saying is you're incapable of seeing the logic in putting him on the 53 without activating him? Do you seriously believe they used a roster spot on him for absolutely no reason at all?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Massie was never going to be that big money left tackle, and in all honesty, that is what you want your right tackle to be. A guy that should be able to slide over to the blind side of the QB if the big money left tackle goes down. They paid him too much money three years ago and too little last year so on the average, they did ok with him saying 3.6 and 9 instead of three years at 6 each.

I dont even know who our backup left tackle was, and pretty happy we did not need to find out. If you get a guy for 8 million that is good enough to go to the left side, its better than paying Massie 10 per year.

Between Long and Howard you have two pretty big budget players now. I still prefer Whitehair at guard so maybe Daniels gets a better look at center this time around so Whitehair can get to his better position.

I dont get the priorities with them being Callahan, Massie and Amos. There are all kinds of CB's that are too small and a little too slow to play the entire corner that can be taught to play inside where all the help is. I cant see them paying Callahan 7 million.

Anyway, as far as long, he should be open to restructuring a deal somehow to make up for so many lost games. For now, he is a no doubt keep since he is on the cap for 6 million.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/kyle-long-12300/

Link to Kyle's contract. I just discovered this

If I am reading this right, the Bears have a chance to cut Kyle Long in this offseason and only eat three million in cap space.

So my question everyone is Kyle Long:

Keep him or cut him?
What date would they have to cut him by?

He was cleared to play the Philly game, and most say he wasn't good, avg maybe?. Even with more time from the injury, his age and constant re-injury makes it more likely than not he's moving to avg skill with less games available and not worth 8.5 for 2019.

We talk about restructuring, but would we want more than 1 yr at a time? No. How many mil for 2019 would he be worth? 7 games playing at an avg level? Eating 3 mil cutting him vs what? 1 yr contract for $6 mil? That would equal having Long for 2019 for $3 mil. Is this realistic?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
This was posted in another thread, but thought it fit here too:

The Bears showed interest in Lamont Gaillard

East Team Interview
Chicago Bears - Georgia center Lamont Gaillard
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/eastwest20...68SqsdHwHjw.99
Here is a report on his play on Tuesday:

Georgia center Lamont Gaillard had a quality practice on Tuesday. He showed some nice technique to tangle up defensive tackles and held his ground on some bull rushes. Gaillard has some size limitations for the NFL, so he may not be able to play an offensive line position other than center.

What if we are open to bringing in a new Center? Long goes, Daniels and Whitehair at OG, and then Massie, Coward, or a rookie at RT...

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Whitehair is not that good as a guard and you're underestimating the impact of changing a quarterback's center.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I think if we package kevin white,kyle long and Jordan Howard to the raiders for our 1st rounder back we could then trade that 1st to the steelers for antonio brown. If brown ends up being a bust then it's a wash because Jordan Howard never fit here anyway.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Whitehair is not that good as a guard and you're underestimating the impact of changing a quarterback's center.

I'm not the one looking at and interviewing a pure Center at the Shrine practices...

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not the one looking at and interviewing a pure Center at the Shrine practices...

You're right. I just read your comment and ignored the quotation. My mistake.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Long was not playing well before his injury this year. Looks pretty much done.

Leno, Daniels and Whitehair are a good start. Replace Long and Massie with cheaper guys that may have potential either in FA, the draft or guys already on team (Coward).

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
I like kyle but even thou he is 30 he is an old 30. So much wear and tear. With that said i still think he has 1-2 years left on him but we need to bring in competition

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Aesopian makes better threads then this crap lol

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
This was posted in another thread, but thought it fit here too:

What if we are open to bringing in a new Center? Long goes, Daniels and Whitehair at OG, and then Massie, Coward, or a rookie at RT...

That may be the plan. I believe they were grooming coward for right tackle.

You say that and yet whitehair's only pro bowl year came at guard...

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
OP 'just found this out', it's been covered extensively here. No need to start the 96th thread on the matter. As soon as Long got injured again this season, it was a wrap. He's gone, end of discussion.

There's too many benefits that come with that money freed and that headache gone.