Franchise tag

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Just wondering, will we use the franchise tag on anyone this year? Doubtful that Amos, Callahan and especially Massie are worth the coin.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No money. Cannot afford to tag anyone.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
They have the money to do it but none of these guys are worth it. I don't think anyone is really worth it anymore, this tag is such a lightning rod with the players I'd avoid utilizing it under almost any circumstances.

But if, say, Eddie Jackson we're a UFA trust me they'd look into it long and hard.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
They have the money to do it but none of these guys are worth it. I don't think anyone is really worth it anymore, this tag is such a lightning rod with the players I'd avoid utilizing it under almost any circumstances.

But if, say, Eddie Jackson we're a UFA trust me they'd look into it long and hard.

If Jackson keeps playing like he did in 2018 I’d doubt they franchise him and just give him a big contract

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Based on last years numbers

OT-14 million
CB-15 million
S-12 million

The Bears at most will have at most 30 million in cap space.

They cannot afford to franchise anyone and still meet all their obligations.

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Just wondering, will we use the franchise tag on anyone this year? Doubtful that Amos, Callahan and especially Massie are worth the coin.

I doubt anyone gets the franchise tag. My guess is that they offer Massie a contract. If he accepts fine, if not they move on. I don't think there is enough money to keep both Amos and Callahan, depends on how much they are asking. And I don't know if the same strategy used on Fuller could be used on Amos or Callahan. I.E. let other teams set the market value then match the offer if it is reasonable. I wouldn't like to see any of the three go but that's life in the NFL.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
I doubt anyone gets the franchise tag. My guess is that they offer Massie a contract. If he accepts fine, if not they move on. I don't think there is enough money to keep both Amos and Callahan, depends on how much they are asking. And I don't know if the same strategy used on Fuller could be used on Amos or Callahan. I.E. let other teams set the market value then match the offer if it is reasonable. I wouldn't like to see any of the three go but that's life in the NFL.

Good point. I'm not sure they can use the transition tag on Callahan or Amos, but if they can then that seems like the best option.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Good point. I'm not sure they can use the transition tag on Callahan or Amos, but if they can then that seems like the best option.

They really can't.

That and all the team would have to do to guarantee the Bears cannot match is to make the 2019 cap hit bigger than the others in the deal.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Let’s say we can afford it

You are saying you are cool with paying either
Massie-14 mil
Callahan-15 mil
Or
Amos-12mil
???????

Some people need to stop smoking rocks. Can’t believe how cringe this offseason has been after such a good season.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Did anyone say they would???? Matter of fact I said those 3 in particular were not worth the coin. Stop being a tool box and read the entire post. Yes, I know 2 sentences is a bit much.