CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
tenor.gif

Well who do you think it is?

You’re really going try to convince yourself this was fake news?

6 players decided to speak out anonymously, sheesh! Sounds like Wentz is missing the intangibles and will always be trying to get out of Foles Super Bowl mvp shadow. That’s such a shitty position to be in as a young QB.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Our QB is a Pro Bowler. Yes an alternate but still our first Pro Bowler in a LONG time. The kid plays his ass off, bleeds blue and orange and is loved by the whole organization, from the ball boy to Virginia. He won 12 games this year, beat the Pack, won the division, and was nothing but amazing and when representing the Bears. He’s young and exciting and he’s all in for this organization yet there are still dumb fans that shit on him. I’ve watched this team for 30 years and this is the first quarter back I truly believe in. What do you guys want in a qb?

I agree 100%! We have a great upcoming qb! Already better than cutler in bis first full year
And only 24! Lets go!

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:

6 players decided to speak out anonymously, sheesh! Sounds like Wentz is missing the intangibles and will always be trying to get out of Foles Super Bowl mvp shadow. That’s such a shitty position to be in as a young QB.
Until the those players put their names on it it's just rumors.

But back to my Jordan comments, many teammates didn't like him, but they respected him and fell in line. He's got 5 former and current All-pros vouching for his character. I'll build around Wentz and this 6 if I had to make a choice.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

But back to my Jordan comments, many teammates didn't like him, but they respected him and fell in line. He's got 5 former and current All-pros vouching for his character. I'll build around Wentz and this 6 if I had to make a choice.

Nah. You know Philly about to ask for the legend of F̶i̶t̶z̶p̶a̶t̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ Foles to start and if wentz throws even one pick........

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:

It's a team of 65-70 guys when you include the practice squad and players added due to injury. Not sure about you, but outside of a cult if you put that many people together there will be differing opinions on who the leader is.

I think that stuff typically sorts itself out. I trust that Doug Pederson can navigate this issue and when looking at the 5 Probowlers publicly backing Wentz I just think it's a timely piece with Foles on his way out.

If there is a side that's complaining until they put their name to those comments their opinion doesn't carry much weight.

BTW, Alshon's been good. He's currently the 15th highest paid WR at $13M/season and will be lock up until 2022. With Ertz there he'll see less opportunities, but overall he's delivered when it matters (Superbowl for example).

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-eagles-defend-carson-wentz-report-selfish-qb

Ertz, Johnson and Cox came out refuting the story.

Love Nick Foles. I really do. He's such a good guy and I give him so much credit as to how seamlessly the team transitioned from Wentz to him in both their Superbowl runs.

With that being said Wentz is the future. Look for the Eagles to trade Foles. I honestly think his landing spot will be somewhere like Miami, Giants, Cincinnati, Oakland or Denver. I'd even say some good teams with aging QBs like Pitt, NO and NE should also be looking. He's only 30 years old, so he can play at a high level for 5+ years. Many teams don't have that with their current starter.

Its not a super bowl run without making it to the super bowl. You meant playoff runs.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-eagles-defend-carson-wentz-report-selfish-qb

Ertz, Johnson and Cox came out refuting the story.

Love Nick Foles. I really do. He's such a good guy and I give him so much credit as to how seamlessly the team transitioned from Wentz to him in both their Superbowl runs.

With that being said Wentz is the future. Look for the Eagles to trade Foles. I honestly think his landing spot will be somewhere like Miami, Giants, Cincinnati, Oakland or Denver. I'd even say some good teams with aging QBs like Pitt, NO and NE should also be looking. He's only 30 years old, so he can play at a high level for 5+ years. Many teams don't have that with their current starter.
Wherever he goes he will fail. I've seen this play out before.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Its not a super bowl run without making it to the super bowl. You meant playoff runs.
Past tense it's probably better to say playoff run if you didn't make it to the SB. Future or present tense you'd say SB run; it's the common vernacular. This dude was talking about two runs, one making it. It'd be a waste of words to say more than 'both their SB runs' by saying 'their SB run and their playoff run'.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Past tense it's probably better to say playoff run if you didn't make it to the SB. Future or present tense you'd say SB run; it's the common vernacular. This dude was talking about two runs, one making it. It'd be a waste of words to say more than 'both their SB runs' by saying 'their SB run and their playoff run'.

Its kind of amazing that xer0h0ur was actually "playing dumb"...he normally doesn't have to do that.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Not rumors but anonymous sources. It is not a rumor if a player actually told the paper but just asked to not be named.

People respected Jordan because he won. Wentz has yet to win as Foles led them to the SB win not Wentz.

Having said that, none of this shit really matters at this point. You can win even if you hate someone on your team.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Wherever he goes he will fail. I've seen this play out before.

Can you elaborate? I'm wondering if you are saying 'the backups rarely succeed' or if you have a situation that closely mirror's his?

Personally I like the Foles story. In his rookie year he outplayed a then 32 year old Mike Vick. He then had an amazing season under Chip Kelly, who ultimately traded him and draft picks for Bradford. Jeff Fisher, who also did his best to kill Keenum and Goff's careers was really no good and he's been solid to great ever since.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Interesting follow-up about Wentz:

Carson Wentz says he could be a better teammate, vows to learn from anonymous report

Report paints Wentz in bad light

A January report from Joe Santoliquito at PhillyVoice cited numerous anonymous sources inside the Eagles locker room and NFL who characterized Wentz as “selfish,” “egotistical” and one who plays favorites on the field.

It reported that the 26-year-old is one who needs to “practice what he preaches” and that he fails “to take accountability.”

Teammates quickly rushed to his defense on Twitter and insisted the team is behind him.

Wentz takes accountability

In contrast to the story, Wentz took accountability for some of what was reported. From ESPN:

“ “I know who I am, first of all. I know how I carry myself. I know I’m not perfect. I know I have flaws,” he said during a sit-down with a small group of reporters at the Eagles’ practice facility recently. “So I’m not going to sit here and say it was inaccurate and completely made up. I’m not going to do that. But at the end of the day, I will say our locker room is really close. If there were guys that had issues, in hindsight, I wish we could have just talked about them. But, again, I don’t know how that all happened and everything with that.”

He said he didn’t sense the friction, but asked himself why others may have seen him that way and what he could do to better it in the future.

“ “I realize I have my shortcomings. Yes, I can be selfish. I think we all have selfishness inside of us. There’s human elements to that, that I really look at and say, ‘Well, I can get better.'”

Emotion of injuries plays its part

Went said he “maybe wasn’t the greatest teammate at times,” per ESPN, because of injuries that separated him from the group both in practice and in watching from the sidelines on game days.

Wentz came back from an ACL injury in 2018, but missed the Eagles final three games. Nick Foles, who quarterbacked the Eagles in the Super Bowl victory, took over again.

Wentz said he was “emotionally kind of all over the place” and neglected certain aspects of being a teammate and friend.

He described himself as a Type-A person, who at 26 is “to some extent” set in his personality. He said his confidence won’t change but he is learning to walk the line between being pushy and being humble.

Wentz disputes portions of it

The PhillyVoice report included a mention that a “highly respected teammate” once verbally attacked Wentz for “not being a ‘team guy.'” The quarterback told reporters he “didn’t know what that was about.”

He also denied that he didn’t want rushing plays since it was “Foles stuff,” and that he “bullied” offensive coordinator Mike Groh. He said the two had “healthy dialogue” and to say he bullied the coordinator was “disrespectful to Groh.”

Wentz also spoke about previous coordinator Frank Reich, adding that their competitive arguments were also healthy.

“That stuff happens,” Wentz said. “That’s, I think, what good football teams have, the ability to respectfully do that and kind of be stubborn and those things. It was the same way with Groh.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/carson...te-vows-learn-anonymous-report-143700059.html

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Heard the Eagles are bringing back Riley Cooper to give Wentz another pass-catching target.