OT: Trouble in Philly?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
https://syndication.bleacherreport....fish-qb-fails-to-take-accountability.amp.html

"Report: Carson Wentz Described as 'Selfish'; QB Fails 'To Take Accountability'
TIMOTHY RAPP
JANUARY 21, 2019
The Philadelphia Eagles have committed to Carson Wentz as the franchise quarterback of the future, despite the success of Nick Foles in the past two seasons.

It's a decision that may not sit well with some of his teammates.

According to a report from Joseph Santoliquito of PhillyVoice.com, several unnamed Eagles were critical of Wentz and his personality."

Alshon, is that you?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I really really want the Eagles to pick Foles over Wentz. Foles is the new Fitzpatrick. Gets hot, cools off and stunts the real franchise QB's Growth

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I really really want the Eagles to pick Foles over Wentz. Foles is the new Fitzpatrick. Gets hot, cools off and stunts the real franchise QB's Growth
Sorta like Trulisky is doing

freddylamar

Liked Posts:
Sorta like Trulisky is doing
Our QB is a Pro Bowler. Yes an alternate but still our first Pro Bowler in a LONG time. The kid plays his ass off, bleeds blue and orange and is loved by the whole organization, from the ball boy to Virginia. He won 12 games this year, beat the Pack, won the division, and was nothing but amazing and when representing the Bears. He’s young and exciting and he’s all in for this organization yet there are still dumb fans that shit on him. I’ve watched this team for 30 years and this is the first quarter back I truly believe in. What do you guys want in a qb?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I can't bring myself to care about the NFC East. I only care about da north baby

Prison_Mike

Liked Posts:
This isn't news. This is gossip, tabloid trash. I'm sure there's actual sports news they could be reporting.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
https://syndication.bleacherreport....fish-qb-fails-to-take-accountability.amp.html

"Report: Carson Wentz Described as 'Selfish'; QB Fails 'To Take Accountability'
TIMOTHY RAPP
JANUARY 21, 2019
The Philadelphia Eagles have committed to Carson Wentz as the franchise quarterback of the future, despite the success of Nick Foles in the past two seasons.

It's a decision that may not sit well with some of his teammates.

According to a report from Joseph Santoliquito of PhillyVoice.com, several unnamed Eagles were critical of Wentz and his personality."

Alshon, is that you?
Question is: What team is Foles going to start for next year?

Hint: It's not Philly.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-eagles-defend-carson-wentz-report-selfish-qb

Ertz, Johnson and Cox came out refuting the story.

Love Nick Foles. I really do. He's such a good guy and I give him so much credit as to how seamlessly the team transitioned from Wentz to him in both their Superbowl runs.

With that being said Wentz is the future. Look for the Eagles to trade Foles. I honestly think his landing spot will be somewhere like Miami, Giants, Cincinnati, Oakland or Denver. I'd even say some good teams with aging QBs like Pitt, NO and NE should also be looking. He's only 30 years old, so he can play at a high level for 5+ years. Many teams don't have that with their current starter.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-eagles-defend-carson-wentz-report-selfish-qb

Love Nick Foles. I really do. He's such a good guy and I give him so much credit as to how seamlessly the team transitioned from Wentz to him in both their Superbowl runs.

With that being said Wentz is the future. Look for the Eagles to trade Foles. I honestly think his landing spot will be somewhere like Miami, Giants, Cincinnati, Oakland or Denver. I'd even say some good teams with aging QBs like Pitt, NO and NE should also be looking. He's only 30 years old, so he can play at a high level for 5+ years. Many teams don't have that with their current starter.

I think he goes to Washington or Jacksonville. Somewhere he can start right away as opposed to wait or compete with someone else.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I think he goes to Washington or Jacksonville. Somewhere he can start right away as opposed to wait or compete with someone else.

Could Tampa Bay be on the table too?

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
swap chase for foles if the money works.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

I read an article yesterday about how Foles is loved in the locker room and how Wentz is kind of an entitiled asshole. Wentz is incredibly hard working and intelligent, but doesn't take criticism and doesn't practice what he preaches. He's kind of a dick. Wentz also over-complicates the offense and doesn't run it simply like Foles does. I believe the quote was "Wentz could complicated 2+2".

As such, some players perfer Foles.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I read an article yesterday about how Foles is loved in the locker room and how Wentz is kind of an entitiled asshole. Wentz is incredibly hard working and intelligent, but doesn't take criticism and doesn't practice what he preaches. He's kind of a dick. Wentz also over-complicates the offense and doesn't run it simply like Foles does. I believe the quote was "Wentz could complicated 2+2".

As such, some players perfer Foles.

This isn't really related, but I remember when the Ravens got rid of Trent Dilfer after winning the Super Bowl (and replacing him with Elvis Grbac, of all people), the reason I heard was that everyone in the Ravens locker room loved Dilfer, and Brian Billick didn't like his QB being more respected than himself, so he got rid of Dilfer. Perhaps Foles will suffer the same fate.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Foles is due $20m next year. He won't be in Philly at that rate.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Here's the original article:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...gles-begin-to-push-back-against-carson-wentz/

It was apparently a no-brainer for the organization. For the locker room, it’s a different story.

Joseph Santoliquito of PhillyVoice.com has published a potentially explosive article that contains quotes from “more than a half dozen players, plus other sources close to the team,” all of whom insisted on anonymity, regarding quarterback Carson Wentz.

The coaching staff and front office continue to anoint Wentz as the starter. Nick Foles seems to be on his way out, regardless of the specific mechanism by which he exits. Per the report, however, Foles is “universally loved” in the locker room. And Carson Wentz is not.

While he has been described as “incredibly hard working,” “determined,” and “highly intelligent,” Wentz also has been dubbed as, quoting from the story, “‘selfish,’ ‘uncompromising,’ ‘egotistical,’ one who plays ‘favorites’ and doesn’t like to be ‘questioned,’ one who needs to ‘practice what he preaches’ and fails ‘to take accountability.'”

“Carson Wentz’s biggest enemy is Carson Wentz,” one unnamed source told Santoliquito. “He’s had his ass kissed his whole life, and sometimes acts like he’s won 10 Super Bowls, when he hasn’t played in, let alone won, a playoff game yet. Everyone around him wants good things for him. He did more thinking on the field than he did playing [in 2018]. You don’t have to be a brain surgeon or a football expert to see how differently this team plays and reacts with one guy as opposed to the other.”

That part is true. While Wentz may be the better quarterback than Foles, the Eagles seem to be the better team when Foles plays.

The problem with Wentz, per the report, comes from alleged tendency to “complicate” the offense. Wentz could “complicate 2+2,” one source told Santoliquito.

One criticism of Wentz comes from the perception that, while Foles runs the offense and goes through the required progressions, Wentz all too often throws to tight end Zach Ertz. There also was a sense this season that Wentz’s desire to match what Foles accomplished last year, winning the Super Bowl after Wentz tore an ACL, made Wentz do too much.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still think Foles is overrated but can't deny the Eagles did better with him, this year, then they had been doing with Wentz. Wasn't the case last year though when Wentz was winning and on an MVP pace. Foles played pretty poorly last year during the regular season but they still won with him and he did much better in the playoffs. He played poorly in the playoffs this season though. Only the Bears anemic offense and Parkey's suckitude got them through WC weekend. 4 INTs in 2 playoff games isn't gonna help any team get far.

Don't see him staying in Philly next year and given his past, when he was last traded by Philly, don't see why any team would want to give him too much money. After being traded, he was horrible with the Rams, released as requested when Keenum took the starter job from him and the Rams drafted Goff. Then served as backup for 1 year with the Chiefs who had no interest in picking up the 2nd year option with him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Alshon's lack of regular season production with Wentz is a bit telling that something is up. Alshon had 6 of his best 8 games with Foles. Foles started 7 to Wentz's 11.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
This is fabricated BS to ease the tension of trading him and keeping the much better QB in Foles.