How would you rank Trubisky, Watson, and Mahomes going forward?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Right now it is hard not to say Mahomes first, I think he will drop off a bit next year but will still be a top QB which is amazing considering it will be his 2nd year starting. As Trubisky and Watson, they are a coin flip for me, I think both would have similar success if they swapped teams.

Either way there are a lot of good young QB's in the league which IMO is awesome

msadows

Liked Posts:
Obviously. Mahomes. I think Trubs passes Watson as he gets more play under his belt and then Watson who is what he is and that's not a bad thing. It's kind of how they were viewed on draft day. Mahomes had the highest ceiling but the lowest floor. Lots of raw talent but hard to judge how he translated to am NFL system. Many from the schoolard type system he came from have talent and fail. Mitch checked all the boxes of growing into a pocket passer with legs. Easiest to mold but it was going to take more time. Watson looked the most ready to have early success but his pocket passing was in question. He's been better than some expected at it. They are all doing well.

I liked the potential of this group a lot and was/am very happy that Pace targeted and got his guy. Didn't understand the pundits slighting them while liking players like Peterman, Webb and Dobbs. There was a huge gap between them and the lot were sort of getting bunched together.

Pretty much this. Very few draft analysts had Mahomes as their #1 QB heading into the draft, shit, there were some who didn't even have him as a first rounder. His bust potential was very very real, and a lot of analysts didn't like that. Most thought he'd have a better chance of being Jay Cutler than Brett Favre.

Jokes on all of us, he's better than Favre.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Might as well have just gone with another Watson vs Trubisky thread because is anyone going to even bother to try to argue Mahomes should not be first.

Kind of agree with Windy that Trubisky/Watson is close to a push, but if I absolutely had to rank them as of today...Mitchell still running third IMO.

Put Trubisky in a Bill O'Brien offense the last two seasons and we might already be labeling him a bust.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Might as well have just gone with another Watson vs Trubisky thread because is anyone going to even bother to try to argue Mahomes should not be first.

Kind of a agree with Windy that Trubisky/Watson is close to a push, but if I absolutely had to rank them as of today...Mitchell still running third IMO.

Put Trubisky in a Bill O'Brien offense the last two seasons and we might already be labeling him a bust already.

Or vice, versa. No one knows. Thing is, O'Brien wouldn't be running this O with Mitch. One he adapted specifically for Watson.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pretty much this. Very few draft analysts had Mahomes as their #1 QB heading into the draft, shit, there were some who didn't even have him as a first rounder. His bust potential was very very real, and a lot of analysts didn't like that. Most thought he'd have a better chance of being Jay Cutler than Brett Favre.

I did feel he had the potential to be a generational pick and said so at the time but he also drew other questions. Even in drills, he'd fire one high every so often but part of that is because he was showing off and always putting mustard on it. He's been outstanding at putting the right pace on balls this year.:beer:

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or vice, versa. No one knows. Thing is, O'Brien wouldn't be running this O with Mitch. One he adapted specifically for Watson.
Pretty much.

Still...as of today...I like Watson's upside over Trubisky's.

However, Matt Nagy is a far better coach...so Trubisky may edge out Watson yet.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Pretty much this. Very few draft analysts had Mahomes as their #1 QB heading into the draft, shit, there were some who didn't even have him as a first rounder.

What did you (aka the Draft Network) have Mahomes at?

LOL at this. What criteria are you using? Career accomplishments? Mahomes 2018 Rate+ = 131, Favre 1995 Rate+ = 130.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:

Kind of agree with Windy that Trubisky/Watson is close to a push, but if I absolutely had to rank them as of today...Mitchell still running third IMO.

Put Trubisky in a Bill O'Brien offense the last two seasons and we might already be labeling him a bust.

You underestimate BrittBuffGuy.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pretty much.

Still...as of today...I like Watson's upside over Trubisky's.

However, Matt Nagy is a far better coach...so Trubisky may edge out Watson yet.

Maybe. Put Watson in Nagy's system...

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
LoL

In 2018 Watson had more yards and a better completion percentage than Trubisky, but do tell me more.

Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that yards and completion percentage were measures of arm strength and accuracy. Do tell me more.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that yards and completion percentage were measures of arm strength and accuracy. Do tell me more.
Did this dorkchop really just say that completion percentage is not a measure of accuracy???

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
1. Mitch
2. Kizer
3. Webb
4. Beathard
5. Dobbs
6. Peterman
7. Kaaya
8. Mahomes
9. Watson

I'll see you guys back here in a month when we have this same thread!

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
By height: Mahomes, Trubisky, Watson.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Way too early for this. Obviously based off of this year you would have Mahommes first but things can change and Mahommes also benefits from having a much better offense than Watson or Trubs and he has a much better coach than Watson and better coach than Trubs.

As for Watson and Trubs, based on their collective body of work thus far, I probably still take Watson but they are pretty much on the same tier right now. It is just a question of which improves on their flaws the most in the coming years.

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Did this dorkchop really just say that completion percentage is not a measure of accuracy???

Your knowledge of football is riveting. And you resort to ad hominem attacks in attempt to cover it.

Completion percentage does not take into account ball placement, drops, or tipped passes. If you use it to assess accuracy, you're only fooling yourself with incomplete data.