How would you rank Trubisky, Watson, and Mahomes going forward?

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
In what order would you want them on the Bears?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mahomes

Trubisky-Watson, they are a push for me right now. Both are good, but not great, and have flaws in their games that need to be corrected.

*I do worry about Watson’s durability, he is not a huge guy and takes a ton of abuse.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
*gets popcorn ready

Right now

Mahomes
Trubisky
Watson

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
1. Mahomes - he is definitely a step above the other two. His arm talent is ridiculous. He is like the product of Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgershaving a baby and he grew up to be 6'6. He is going to be a problem for a long time.

2. Trubisky - I was extremely lively in the Trubisky-Watson debates during the draft and afterwards with Watson's big rookie year. I think Trubisky's 2019 was better and I think he has more growth in him than Watson. Watson sustaining a 62 sack season has to be worrying and some of it has to be attributed to him (I know the O-line was horrible but not 62 sacks horrible) not being able to evade pressure/holding onto the ball. It's close because I do like Watson but I just think Trubisky has more growth in him.

3. Watson.

msadows

Liked Posts:
1. Mahomes - he is definitely a step above the other two. His arm talent is ridiculous. He is like the product of Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgershaving a baby and he grew up to be 6'6. He is going to be a problem for a long time.

2. Trubisky - I was extremely lively in the Trubisky-Watson debates during the draft and afterwards with Watson's big rookie year. I think Trubisky's 2019 was better and I think he has more growth in him than Watson. Watson sustaining a 62 sack season has to be worrying and some of it has to be attributed to him (I know the O-line was horrible but not 62 sacks horrible) not being able to evade pressure/holding onto the ball. It's close because I do like Watson but I just think Trubisky has more growth in him.

3. Watson.

Watson holds on to the ball longer than the majority of the league. Only Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson hold onto it longer, and they are rookies so thats understandable. Thats why he gets sacked so much, because he is trying to either let deep shots develop, or doesn't want to throw the ball away.

His stats are better than mitch, but I think Mitch came up bigger, especially in their respective playoff games.

Obviously Mahomes is lightyears ahead of anyone in the league, not just Mitch/Watson. He's already better than pretty much every QB, just needs the years under him for resume experience.

Honestly? Mitch and Watson is a push to me. Both have been bad and good at times. Kind of what I expect out of a 2nd year QB. Watson has a better statistical season, but thats only because Mitch got hurt. Before the injury Mitch was surpassing Watson in every statistical category, including rushing and rushing TD's.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
61i.gif

msadows

Liked Posts:
Watson was also 25th on 3rd down in the league, to Mitch's 8th.
Watson was also 14th in completion % in late close games, Mitch was 8th.

Mitch was very average to slightly above average this year at best, but he was very good on 3rd down, and also rarely let the team down in late game situations. That's honestly prob the thing I'm most enthused about him going forward, shows he has moxie.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Mahomes

Mitch
Watson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Mahomes is at god like status. 50 tds 5000 yards in first year starting. It’s not fair.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Problem with Watson is how long he holds the ball. That is scary shit cause it suggests he is not anticipating routes and is waiting to see guys come open. Which is basically a death sentence in the NFL (just ask Cutler)

Scary thing about Trubs is how he sometimes has problems moving through his reads. If his first one isn't there it looks like he gets flustered sometimes. Also, Trubs sometimes seems to lose his cool and get over excited. Not from bad plays, but from good ones. Or at least potential good ones.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Mahomes is scary good, but not infallible. Belichick had the proper scheme to beat him. he locked up several times and took mega huge losses on sacks. with more years of experience I doubt that continues to happen. can he sustain the level of performance of this year longterm? I don't know. he might be one of those once in a lifetime types. and he's legit, he's not one of those gimmick rusher QBs. he's F-ing awesome.

I enjoy what we've seen from Trubisky, I anticipate he'll get better at the little things he's struggled with.

I've never actually seen Watson play, only heard games on the radio; it certainly sounded like he holds onto the ball too long. I think he's 3rd overall in the 2017 hierarchy.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mahomes will likely become “the QB the Bears didnt draft”. I think Trubisky will be above average but Mahomes will be the best QB in the game.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
His stats are better than mitch, but I think Mitch came up bigger, especially in their respective playoff games.

The use of "came up bigger, especially in their respective playoff games" is hilarious, as if both QBs didn't lose opening round home playoff games. At least Watson lost to a team that was on a 9-1 run. The Texans were only 2 point home favorites, so obviously smart money figured the Colts were the better team. Trubisky lost to the worst team in the postseason and were 6.5 point favorites. If that constitutes "coming up bigger"....wow.

In general, I love the obligatory Mahomes mention when speaking of Trubisky.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Mahomes
Trubisky
Watson

Trubisky will clearly separate himself from Watson next season. Mark it down.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I think going on past performance, it's obvious it would be mahomes then trubisky then Watson.

However, it's entirely possible that all three end up very good quarterbacks.

We obviously need to see more going forward but I think once everybody is in their third year we'll have a better idea.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think all 3 will be long time starters.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
*gets popcorn ready

Right now

Mahomes
Trubisky
Watson

I agree with this. I think Trubisky has a higher ceiling than Watson, which I know probably sounds really stupid considering what Watson did his rookie season, I just see him as a guy who will level off. Trubisky is going up. Maybe that's just be being a meatball tho

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Obviously. Mahomes. I think Trubs passes Watson as he gets more play under his belt and then Watson who is what he is and that's not a bad thing. It's kind of how they were viewed on draft day. Mahomes had the highest ceiling but the lowest floor. Lots of raw talent but hard to judge how he translated to am NFL system. Many from the schoolard type system he came from have talent and fail. Mitch checked all the boxes of growing into a pocket passer with legs. Easiest to mold but it was going to take more time. Watson looked the most ready to have early success but his pocket passing was in question. He's been better than some expected at it. They are all doing well.

I liked the potential of this group a lot and was/am very happy that Pace targeted and got his guy. Didn't understand the pundits slighting them while liking players like Peterman, Webb and Dobbs. There was a huge gap between them and the lot were sort of getting bunched together.