Thread: So this is whatís going on with Machado, right?

Default So this is whatís going on with Machado, right?

Every day, we hear the talking heads scratching their heads, befuddled at why Machado and Harper havenít signed. What could possibly be happening behind the scenes? Surely the White Sox are cheap! Or is it, Manny Machado is greedy? COLLUSSSIIOONNNN!!!

The likely answer seems obvious, though, right? And yet I donít hear the talking heads mentioning it at all.

The Sox have offered Machado more than any other team. But itís still less than Machado wants. No other teams are jumping in with a bigger offer, at least not at this point.

So if thatís true, it makes sense that Machado remains unsigned. Why wouldnít he wait? It makes sense for him to wait and see if anyone else jumps in for more money. If someone does, great for him. If not, the Sox offer is there to sign.

Likewise for the Sox, it makes sense that they donít offer more. If no one else is offering more than you, why negotiate against yourself and just give money away?

So weíre left with the stalemate that probably makes sense for each side.

No ownership collusion. No big mystery. Just logic. If the Sox remain the top offer, Machado will sign at some point. If they donít, heíll sign elsewhere.

Prediction: He will sign somewhere.
    I'm a Chicagoan till Chicago ends,
    Till we blow like Chicago wind

Hidden Content

Super Nintendo Chalmers Czar Nicholas's Avatar

Seems like the Sox have the highest offer on the table, which is still short of what Machado and co. want.

It's basically a staring contest now.
    Miguel Cabrera: "I may have beaten Trout for the MVP, but it doesn't compare to when I beat my wife."

That's what I believe is going on. I also believe Harper is waiting on Machado to basically set the market.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Toast88 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every day, we hear the talking heads scratching their heads, befuddled at why Machado and Harper havenít signed. What could possibly be happening behind the scenes? Surely the White Sox are cheap! Or is it, Manny Machado is greedy? COLLUSSSIIOONNNN!!!

The likely answer seems obvious, though, right? And yet I donít hear the talking heads mentioning it at all.

The Sox have offered Machado more than any other team. But itís still less than Machado wants. No other teams are jumping in with a bigger offer, at least not at this point.

So if thatís true, it makes sense that Machado remains unsigned. Why wouldnít he wait? It makes sense for him to wait and see if anyone else jumps in for more money. If someone does, great for him. If not, the Sox offer is there to sign.

Likewise for the Sox, it makes sense that they donít offer more. If no one else is offering more than you, why negotiate against yourself and just give money away?

So weíre left with the stalemate that probably makes sense for each side.

No ownership collusion. No big mystery. Just logic. If the Sox remain the top offer, Machado will sign at some point. If they donít, heíll sign elsewhere.

Rumor that the sox uped their offer to 8 years 250 million