Bears Current Cap Situation

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
ight tackle Bobby Massie wass the first player to sign a deal with the team this offseason that is not a reserve/future contract. The deal actually includes five new years and has a maximum value of $40 million. It includes option years, which could potentially help the Bears in the future in the formula to determine compensatory draft picks.

It’s a nice pay raise for Massie, 29, who just completed an $18 million, three-year contract. When you boil down the fine details of the contract, it’s essentially a $15.8 million, two-year contract. At that point, the Bears can make decisions on a yearly basis with no remaining money guaranteed.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...hicago-bears-contract-details-2019-story.html

2019 cap hit is $3.8m

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Updated page 1.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
If Gilmore is in Chicago, Fuller’s probably not here, right?

I’d take Fuller.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
16.65 needs to stretch to about 10 veteran signings and re-signings.

Guys who I think they will bring back for sure,

ERFA: Coward, RRH, Irving, [-1.7 total]

Josh Bellamy 2 years 2.75 million [-1.25]

Brian Witzmann [-1.5]

Patrick Scales [-750k]

Ben Braunecker [no RFA tag] [-.9]

DHC [no RFA tag] [-.9]

16.65-7=9.65

You would essentially have 9.65 million to sign 2-3 veteran players. I think they may sign closer to 5-6.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
16.65 needs to stretch to about 10 veteran signings and re-signings.

Guys who I think they will bring back for sure,

ERFA: Coward, RRH, Irving, [-1.7 total]

Josh Bellamy 2 years 2.75 million [-1.25]

Brian Witzmann [-1.5]

Patrick Scales [-750k]

Ben Braunecker [no RFA tag] [-.9]

DHC [no RFA tag] [-.9]

16.65-7=9.65

You would essentially have 9.65 million to sign 2-3 veteran players. I think they may sign closer to 5-6.

Is that including the upcoming roster cuts--Sims, etc?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
No problem at all... Just gave you two quick examples from last season that don’t mesh with your assertion...

The reading comprehension comment is ironic considering what you wrote.

I said “almost” which meant yes there are teams that are successful with the 2nd string. There was no “assertion”. I didn’t need an example since I conceded that fact. However, the facts are almost ever team would struggle with there starting QB out. How many games would the Bears have won without TRU?

PickSix

Liked Posts:
So if it does come down to only being able to resign one of Amos or Callahan (or one of their positions via FA), what’s the plan?
Bush seems competent at S and a 3rd or 4th pick should provide a viable back up to develop.
Not sure we have a viable alternative for an entire season to replace the oft injured Callahan.
Roll the dice on resigning Callahan or are there decent FA’s at that position?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So if it does come down to only being able to resign one of Amos or Callahan (or one of their positions via FA), what’s the plan?
Bush seems competent at S and a 3rd or 4th pick should provide a viable back up to develop.
Not sure we have a viable alternative for an entire season to replace the oft injured Callahan.
Roll the dice on resigning Callahan or are their decent FA’s at that position?

Personally, I would keep Amos because of the durability.

Cap Wise, Callahan makes more sense.

Bears, I think will have a better chance of keeping Callahan because I expect his market will be more reasonable.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cap Wise why does Callahan make more sense..

CB

Fuller-14
Callahan-6
Tolliver/2019 Draft Pick-500k

S

Jackson-13
Amos-8

One of those financially makes more sense.

How the money gets spread out and spent in seems more likely that they need a cheaper option next to Jackson.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Roll the dice on resigning Callahan or are there decent FA’s at that position?

They’d probably go with Callahan.

They’re probably just *about* equal in terms of the importance to the defense. And Callahan will be cheaper.

If reports are true that the Bears and Amos’ people fundamentally disagree about his market price, that probably doesn’t bode well for coming up with a smart, team-friendly way to keep Amos.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They’d probably go with Callahan.

They’re probably just *about* equal in terms of the importance to the defense. And Callahan will be cheaper.

If reports are true that the Bears and Amos’ people fundamentally disagree about his market price, that probably doesn’t bode well for coming up with a smart, team-friendly way to keep Amos.

Amos would start on a majority of teams in the league. It is only going to take 1 to make this get out of the Bears price range.

If you are TB and all your defense does is blow coverages why wouldn't you pay 9 million for Amos? At least you know the idiotic busts won't happen.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To be honest, right now, how could you not pick Nelson/Leonard

If Smith continues to play like he did late last year, he's actually more valuable than Leonard in the current NFL. That said, Leonard had the better overall year as did Nelson but last I checked, both those players were chosen before our turn. No reason for anyone to be give Pace shit about not taking them.