Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulls listening to offers

Default Bulls listening to offers

ESPN's Zach Lowe wrote on Friday night on potential NBA trades ahead of the deadline. He mentioned the Bulls are listening to offers for anyone except Lauri and Wendell:

The Bulls will listen to offers for anyone other than Lauri Markkanen and Wendell Carter Jr., sources say -- and that includes Kris Dunn and Zach LaVine. The biggest question about Chicago going into the season was whether any of their main ball handlers -- Dunn, LaVine, and Jabari Parker when the Bulls were pretending he was a wing -- would emerge as someone who could orchestrate an above-average NBA offense. The answer has been an emphatic no. I would not bet on Dunn or LaVine getting dealt; they are still young, the Bulls would ask for a ton, and they need, like, some guards on next season's team. But any rival enamored with them should call.

Full article: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ch-lowe-expect
    I'm a Chicagoan till Chicago ends,
    Till we blow like Chicago wind

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by zack54attack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ESPN's Zach Lowe wrote on Friday night on potential NBA trades ahead of the deadline. He mentioned the Bulls are listening to offers for anyone except Lauri and Wendell:

Full article: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ch-lowe-expect
    The only players I could see getting dealt are Parker and Lopez. I'm still flabbergasted that a contender needing bench depth hasn't kicked the tires on Lopez -- he's a competent defender and rebounder. Parker's ridiculous contract lends him to be more of a buyout candidate.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Twitter: @ass_ventura
    Instagram: @nameinallcaps

If they are aiming at Zion, then why not Wendell or Lauri? I really dont know what they see in Wendell, big ass head with a little body. The only reason I can see keeping Wendell is that he is the one defender we have.

Since we used Sacramentos offer to Lavine, dont know why they would not still want him and the bulls really liked Bagley, dont know if they would give that up or not, but he is only getting 20 minutes a game. I doubt the bulls would have taken carter if they had the second pick. Dont really know who else they might want to flip.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

Quote Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
    If they are aiming at Zion, then why not Wendell or Lauri? I really dont know what they see in Wendell, big ass head with a little body. The only reason I can see keeping Wendell is that he is the one defender we have.

Since we used Sacramentos offer to Lavine, dont know why they would not still want him and the bulls really liked Bagley, dont know if they would give that up or not, but he is only getting 20 minutes a game. I doubt the bulls would have taken carter if they had the second pick. Dont really know who else they might want to flip.
    Management was close to firing Dave Joerger earlier in the year despite the fact they’ve actually been winning for the first time in 15 years all over him not playing Bagley that much. Based on that I doubt they’ll give him up, especially for LaVine.
    @RobMVP1
    Hidden Content

LaVine won't get them anything more than a 2nd rder or something just as worthless.

Silicon Valley CA Bears H RacerX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamainatlanta View Post
    LaVine won't get them anything more than a 2nd rder or something just as worthless.
    New worthless >>>> current worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    New worthless >>>> current worthless.
    True, the salary relief would be nice but their isn't some Isiah Thomas-esque GM out there that would look at LaVine and view him as the missing piece

They aren't giving Bagley up under any reasonable circumstances.

Retired Bandwagon Mod clonetrooper264's Avatar

Is it really listening if there's nothing to listen for?
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by clonetrooper264 View Post
    Is it really listening if there's nothing to listen for?
    This is the best answer.

I love the speculative NBA trade deadline 3000 word piece as much as the next guy, but the Bulls have nothing of value to offer except Lauri.

I would propose to ya’ll that the Lakers would be the team I dangle Dunn to, even Parker or Lavine. Any or all those pieces for Ball.

Imagine

Ball-Lavine-2019 1st-Lauri-Carter

What I like here is the overall length. A couple scorers, a couple defenders, some glue. If you can keep Portis, last years first, and that pick is Zion or Barrett, you may have enough at low cost to attract another marquis free agent to the mix in 2021.

Ball can play point in my opinion, and does many little things.

All-Star

IMO. I think the bulls only players not to give up right now is Lauri and Portis because they are playing the best basketball on the team right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    I would propose to ya’ll that the Lakers would be the team I dangle Dunn to, even Parker or Lavine. Any or all those pieces for Ball.

Imagine

Ball-Lavine-2019 1st-Lauri-Carter

What I like here is the overall length. A couple scorers, a couple defenders, some glue. If you can keep Portis, last years first, and that pick is Zion or Barrett, you may have enough at low cost to attract another marquis free agent to the mix in 2021.

Ball can play point in my opinion, and does many little things.
    If the Lakers dump their roster to get AD, currently the offer is at 8players, then they don't have anything to offer for Dunn except maybe a 2nd rder(which is about what he's worth)

If the Lakers dump their roster to get AD, currently the offer is at 8players, then they don't have anything to offer for Dunn except maybe a 2nd rder(which is about what he's worth)
    The claim is Caldwell Pope for Jabari Parker because Pope has an expiring contract.

I guess its first see if they can get Davis, then decide on Carmello, before settling for Parker, so the bulls shot themselves in the foot for freeing Melo so early.

They would be looking at a lineup based on Rondo, James, Melo, Parker and McGee from one of the most promising young roster in the nba. I am sure whatever other veteran gets moved and bought out will go straight there. Hell, LeBron got people to go to Cleveland, how hard is a sell to the lakers?

Quote Originally Posted by nbafan23 View Post
    IMO. I think the bulls only players not to give up right now is Lauri and Portis because they are playing the best basketball on the team right now.
    and the claim is that Portis might be the only guy teams see with value on the team now because of how he is playing. Odds are he has played himself into a trade, they will now get 4 guys to play the 3.

Oh come on Dunn isn't THAT bad.
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

Silicon Valley CA Bears H RacerX's Avatar

True, the salary relief would be nice but their isn't some Isiah Thomas-esque GM out there that would look at LaVine and view him as the missing piece
    Vlade Divac says hold my checkbook, and my beer.

I dont think Dunn is that bad, he just has some issues between the ears. This dunk a ball and flex to the crowd or punch the padding needs to stop. Give me apoint guard that can average double digit assists and I will be happy.

I dont think Dunn is that bad, he just has some issues between the ears. This dunk a ball and flex to the crowd or punch the padding needs to stop. Give me apoint guard that can average double digit assists and I will be happy.
    CP3 isn't even averaging double digit assists this year...and hasn't for several years.

I get what you're saying, but the double digit assist averages are rare and always have been.
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

CP3 isn't even averaging double digit assists this year...and hasn't for several years.

I get what you're saying, but the double digit assist averages are rare and always have been.
    Its just the shit D Rose started when he was here, trade assists for points and get shoe deals. Just like now you need a 5 to hit 3 pointers so the little guys can get to the rim.

I dont know how anyone can get the ball away from Harden enough so they can pass it back to him to get an assist, so that is a pretty bad comparison from a guy that did average double digits between 2007 and 2015.

First time, long time. RiDLer80's Avatar

This trash ass organization has no plan. No point in trading Lavine. Any money off the books trading him would save would be pointless because no FA worth a damn is coming here. We're already one of the worst teams in the league. What are they worried, we'll ruin our chances at whoever they're coveting?

I just don't know what we're doing.
    WestEndZone.com

You really think someone gives a first for him?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast