Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 45 to 66 of 237

Thread: OT: Sources: Eagles expected to franchise, trade Nick Foles

  1. #45
    My left nut itches... Tjodalv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Except teams know the Eagles can’t pay him the franchise tag
    Sure they could. He's already slated to count 21 mil against their cap on the option and they have 18 of free space even with that.
    ďReality is infinitely diverse, compared with even the subtlest conclusions of abstract thought, and does not allow of clear-cut and sweeping distinctions. Reality resists classification.Ē - Fyodor Dostoyevsky The House of the Dead

  2. #46
    All-Star bamainatlanta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cumming
    Posts
    10,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tjodalv View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure they could. He's already slated to count 21 mil against their cap on the option and they have 18 of free space even with that.
    They could but they would lose everyone else that they need to resign or free agents they need to sign

  3. #47
    Ripped Off Member Bearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    19,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Without the tag he’ll get a multi year deal, for more than $20M. It’s the whole reason players don’t like the tag... this isn’t a new concept.
    You didn't read my post. Unlikely somebody trades for him without agreeing to a long term deal. One he needs to sign.
    Stupid wall will never keep out aliens. Try to get in to this!
    Hidden Content

  4. #48
    Vagabond Wannabe iueyedoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Donít worry, he didnít report you.
    Thanks, but I couldn't give a fuck whether he reports me or not. Cuz he thinks it was a homophobic slur doesn't make it so. Just more of his reading comprehension issues.

    just another child left behind.

  5. #49
    The Truth Spartan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    27,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope no one trades for him.

    I would like to see the Eagles have to eat that 22 million.

    With Foles tagged they are 20 million OVER the cap.
    That's what I was thinking. He's not that good and last time he left Philly for another team he bombed.

  6. #50
    Vagabond Wannabe iueyedoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tjodalv View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure they could. He's already slated to count 21 mil against their cap on the option and they have 18 of free space even with that.
    They are at -$18M to the cap. So they are waaaaay over it with him under contract.

  7. #51
    CCS HoF: Class of 2015 Grimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iueyedoc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks, but I couldn't give a fuck whether he reports me or not. Cuz he thinks it was a homophobic slur doesn't make it so. Just more of his reading comprehension issues.

    just another child left behind.
    Watch out! Warden may add you to (GASPS) his IGNORE LIST!

  8. #52
    Vagabond Wannabe iueyedoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Except teams know the Eagles canít pay him the franchise tag
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Without the tag heíll get a multi year deal, for more than $20M. Itís the whole reason players donít like the tag... this isnít a new concept.
    So he either gets $20+ M and can sign a huge deal in a year or he signs a huge deal now minus $20M. Seems like the same scenario worked out well for Kurt Cousins another mediocre way overvalued QB.

    And the fake outrage at a team not letting him go for nothing because he deserves the right to get "his fair market value" is laughable.

  9. #53
    Vagabond Wannabe iueyedoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watch out! Warden may add you to (GASPS) his IGNORE LIST!
    That would be fair. I have him on my IGNORant list.

  10. #54
    My left nut itches... Tjodalv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iueyedoc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They are at -$18M to the cap. So they are waaaaay over it with him under contract.
    Yeah, I misread it on OTC.
    ďReality is infinitely diverse, compared with even the subtlest conclusions of abstract thought, and does not allow of clear-cut and sweeping distinctions. Reality resists classification.Ē - Fyodor Dostoyevsky The House of the Dead

  11. #55
    All-Star Les Grossman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iueyedoc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So he either gets $20+ M and can sign a huge deal in a year or he signs a huge deal now minus $20M. Seems like the same scenario worked out well for Kurt Cousins another mediocre way overvalued QB.

    And the fake outrage at a team not letting him go for nothing because he deserves the right to get "his fair market value" is laughable.
    Except he really needs to sign a deal now to take full advantage of how he played the last two years with the Eagles. ďStrike while the iron is hotĒ is the phrase. Heís not guaranteed to have a market or get a big deal in a year.

    Itís all about guaranteed money and stability, not year to year deals. Heís a backup AB, so the Cousins comparison is laughable.

    Itís like people are absolutely incapable of putting themselves in someoneís elseís shoes to get perspective.

  12. #56
    Vagabond Wannabe iueyedoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Except he really needs to sign a deal now to take full advantage of how he played the last two years with the Eagles. “Strike while the iron is hot” is the phrase. He’s not guaranteed to have a market or get a big deal in a year.

    It’s all about guaranteed money and stability, not year to year deals. He’s a backup AB, so the Cousins comparison is laughable.

    It’s like people are absolutely incapable of putting themselves in someone’s else’s shoes to get perspective.
    Don't you get it? Phi isn't going to pay him $20M, he will get a long term deal if he chooses.Philly may very well tell his agent to find a team and work a deal while they get whatever compensation they can.

    Acting like, as GM, you would let him just walk because he deserves to find his "market value" is absurd and hypocritical.

    And that you say he is a backup at best and is getting $20M minimum and characterizing that as unfair is dumbfounding. I honestly don't even know how to respond to that.

  13. #57
    All-Star Les Grossman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iueyedoc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't you get it? Phi isn't going to pay him $20M, he will get a long term deal if he chooses.Philly may very well tell his agent to find a team and work a deal while they get whatever compensation they can.

    Acting like, as GM, you would let him just walk because he deserves to find his "market value" is absurd and hypocritical.

    And that you say he is a backup at best and is getting $20M minimum and characterizing that as unfair is dumbfounding. I honestly don't even know how to respond to that.
    I never said he was going to be a backup QB at best, don't you know how to read? I said he is/was a backup QB the last two year, very much UNLIKE Cousins, who was a starter. Keep peddling hatred for those that make more money that you lol

  14. #58
    Vagabond Wannabe iueyedoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,139

    Default

    You typed, "He's a backup AB". I assumed you meant at best, maybe you should learn to fucking type. And your argument that the Eagles should just let him walk is fucking moronic. It's not even debatable. You can pretend my position is based on jealousy towards Foles, but it's really based on your stupid argument that not a single person would do as an NFL GM, except maybe those ladies that called Parkey the MHP.
    Last edited by iueyedoc; 02-03-2019 at 07:22 PM.

  15. #59
    All-Star Les Grossman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,312

    Default

    Wow more big internet talk, I feel so defeated for made fun of for a typo from my phone. I guess it’s easy to use perfect grammar and spelling without any errors from the desktop pc setup in your moms basements. Keep living the dream dude. Peace!

  16. #60
    Vagabond Wannabe iueyedoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow more big internet talk, I feel so defeated for made fun of for a typo from my phone. I guess it’s easy to use perfect grammar and spelling without any errors from the desktop pc setup in your moms basements. Keep living the dream dude. Peace!
    Yep that's me, in my mom's basement. So can't make a sensible defense to a stupid argument, so you go to the " in mom's basement" card. Very weak. Wish I had one of those fancy phones like you to type from. You must get all the girls.

  17. #61
    Ripped Off Member Bearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    19,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow more big internet talk, I feel so defeated for made fun of for a typo from my phone. I guess it’s easy to use perfect grammar and spelling without any errors from the desktop pc setup in your moms basements. Keep living the dream dude. Peace!
    The only possibly screwed thing about this is that Foles can be held onto after other teams have made their QB moves and then have the tag lifted. I suppose Foles can simply threaten to sign it to get it lifted sooner so not even that. He's not playing under the tag this year either way. He'll get a long deal from someone and the Eagles probably get some compensation. Foles is far from fucked.
    Stupid wall will never keep out aliens. Try to get in to this!
    Hidden Content

  18. #62
    Vagabond Wannabe iueyedoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only possibly screwed thing about this is that Foles can be held onto after other teams have made their QB moves and then have the tag lifted. I suppose Foles can simply threaten to sign it to get it lifted sooner so not even that. He's not playing under the tag this year either way. He'll get a long deal from someone and the Eagles probably get some compensation. Foles is far from fucked.
    Bozo of the Northeast has it wrong. Phi has an option for $20M that they have to pick up a month before FA and the league year start. He can void it and pay back $2M in signing bonus and then Phi can tag him. But still that must happen by March 5 the last day to tag a player and FA doesn't start until March 13th.

    If that all plays out, I imagine his agent will be given permission to find a suitor. Foles will get his contract and Phi will get some sort of compensation or Foles will decide to be a back up in Phi for $20M or Foles will sign the $22M tag. He really lacks no leverage that others are pissing and moaning about.

  19. #63
    4th Generation Gaggler Gustavus Adolphus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    26,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iueyedoc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bozo of the Northeast has it wrong. Phi has an option for $20M that they have to pick up a month before FA and the league year start. He can void it and pay back $2M in signing bonus and then Phi can tag him. But still that must happen by March 5 the last day to tag a player and FA doesn't start until March 13th.

    If that all plays out, I imagine his agent will be given permission to find a suitor. Foles will get his contract and Phi will get some sort of compensation or Foles will decide to be a back up in Phi for $20M or Foles will sign the $22M tag. He really lacks no leverage that others are pissing and moaning about.
    Stopped right there because of shock.
    My Current Alts
    1. HeHateMe
    2. Novak
    3. Warden of the Northeast
    4. Teddy KGB
    5. brett05
    6. BearDen

  20. #64
    Ripped Off Member Bearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    19,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iueyedoc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bozo of the Northeast has it wrong. Phi has an option for $20M that they have to pick up a month before FA and the league year start. He can void it and pay back $2M in signing bonus and then Phi can tag him. But still that must happen by March 5 the last day to tag a player and FA doesn't start until March 13th.

    If that all plays out, I imagine his agent will be given permission to find a suitor. Foles will get his contract and Phi will get some sort of compensation or Foles will decide to be a back up in Phi for $20M or Foles will sign the $22M tag. He really lacks no leverage that others are pissing and moaning about.
    Ya, I know but it was a what if type answer to the effect of it doesn't matter. Silly season stuff.
    Stupid wall will never keep out aliens. Try to get in to this!
    Hidden Content

  21. #65
    All-Star Rory Sparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iueyedoc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If that all plays out, I imagine his agent will be given permission to find a suitor. Foles will get his contract and Phi will get some sort of compensation or Foles will decide to be a back up in Phi for $20M or Foles will sign the $22M tag. He really lacks no leverage that others are pissing and moaning about.
    LOL at all of this. Foles immediately declined the option year...not really sure you understand what is going here.

  22. #66
    Vagabond Wannabe iueyedoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rory Sparrow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL at all of this. Foles immediately declined the option year...not really sure you understand what is going here.
    Yes and Phi will almost assuredly tag him and look for a trade partner or allow Foles and his agent to seek a trade partner for them that gives him a contract he agrees to. Are you LOLing at the fact I can't predict the future?

    But you're right I didn't know Foles would void the option year two days before he announced he would.

    Man, you have a real hard on to "GOTCHA " my posts...makes me grin just a little bit.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •