CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Until Gus told me you were an illiterate guy that likes guys, I had no clue. Seems sorta harsh to report me for not knowing that.
Apologies.

Don’t worry, he didn’t report you.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Any team trading for him will want to have a long term deal in place, so he loses no financial leverage, just his choice of teams, if he doesn't like the deal he can just sit on the bench for $20M and cash in the next season. And anyone suggesting the team should just let him out of his contract is fucking stupid and hypocritical in no particular order.

Except teams know the Eagles can’t pay him the franchise tag

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
What? The tag will pay him more for the year than he'd get anywhere. If he gets traded, it probably isn't happening without an extension which he needs to agree to so he still has some say.

Without the tag he’ll get a multi year deal, for more than $20M. It’s the whole reason players don’t like the tag... this isn’t a new concept.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Sure they could. He's already slated to count 21 mil against their cap on the option and they have 18 of free space even with that.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Sure they could. He's already slated to count 21 mil against their cap on the option and they have 18 of free space even with that.

They could but they would lose everyone else that they need to resign or free agents they need to sign

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Without the tag he’ll get a multi year deal, for more than $20M. It’s the whole reason players don’t like the tag... this isn’t a new concept.

You didn't read my post. Unlikely somebody trades for him without agreeing to a long term deal. One he needs to sign.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Don’t worry, he didn’t report you.
Thanks, but I couldn't give a fuck whether he reports me or not. Cuz he thinks it was a homophobic slur doesn't make it so. Just more of his reading comprehension issues.

just another child left behind.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope no one trades for him.

I would like to see the Eagles have to eat that 22 million.

With Foles tagged they are 20 million OVER the cap.
That's what I was thinking. He's not that good and last time he left Philly for another team he bombed.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
They are at -$18M to the cap. So they are waaaaay over it with him under contract.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks, but I couldn't give a fuck whether he reports me or not. Cuz he thinks it was a homophobic slur doesn't make it so. Just more of his reading comprehension issues.

just another child left behind.

Watch out! Warden may add you to (GASPS) his IGNORE LIST!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

So he either gets $20+ M and can sign a huge deal in a year or he signs a huge deal now minus $20M. Seems like the same scenario worked out well for Kurt Cousins another mediocre way overvalued QB.

And the fake outrage at a team not letting him go for nothing because he deserves the right to get "his fair market value" is laughable.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
So he either gets $20+ M and can sign a huge deal in a year or he signs a huge deal now minus $20M. Seems like the same scenario worked out well for Kurt Cousins another mediocre way overvalued QB.

And the fake outrage at a team not letting him go for nothing because he deserves the right to get "his fair market value" is laughable.

Except he really needs to sign a deal now to take full advantage of how he played the last two years with the Eagles. “Strike while the iron is hot” is the phrase. He’s not guaranteed to have a market or get a big deal in a year.

It’s all about guaranteed money and stability, not year to year deals. He’s a backup AB, so the Cousins comparison is laughable.

It’s like people are absolutely incapable of putting themselves in someone’s else’s shoes to get perspective.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Except he really needs to sign a deal now to take full advantage of how he played the last two years with the Eagles. “Strike while the iron is hot” is the phrase. He’s not guaranteed to have a market or get a big deal in a year.

It’s all about guaranteed money and stability, not year to year deals. He’s a backup AB, so the Cousins comparison is laughable.

It’s like people are absolutely incapable of putting themselves in someone’s else’s shoes to get perspective.
Don't you get it? Phi isn't going to pay him $20M, he will get a long term deal if he chooses.Philly may very well tell his agent to find a team and work a deal while they get whatever compensation they can.

Acting like, as GM, you would let him just walk because he deserves to find his "market value" is absurd and hypocritical.

And that you say he is a backup at best and is getting $20M minimum and characterizing that as unfair is dumbfounding. I honestly don't even know how to respond to that.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Don't you get it? Phi isn't going to pay him $20M, he will get a long term deal if he chooses.Philly may very well tell his agent to find a team and work a deal while they get whatever compensation they can.

Acting like, as GM, you would let him just walk because he deserves to find his "market value" is absurd and hypocritical.

And that you say he is a backup at best and is getting $20M minimum and characterizing that as unfair is dumbfounding. I honestly don't even know how to respond to that.
I never said he was going to be a backup QB at best, don't you know how to read? I said he is/was a backup QB the last two year, very much UNLIKE Cousins, who was a starter. Keep peddling hatred for those that make more money that you lol

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You typed, "He's a backup AB". I assumed you meant at best, maybe you should learn to fucking type. And your argument that the Eagles should just let him walk is fucking moronic. It's not even debatable. You can pretend my position is based on jealousy towards Foles, but it's really based on your stupid argument that not a single person would do as an NFL GM, except maybe those ladies that called Parkey the MHP.

Last edited:

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Wow more big internet talk, I feel so defeated for made fun of for a typo from my phone. I guess it’s easy to use perfect grammar and spelling without any errors from the desktop pc setup in your moms basements. Keep living the dream dude. Peace!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Wow more big internet talk, I feel so defeated for made fun of for a typo from my phone. I guess it’s easy to use perfect grammar and spelling without any errors from the desktop pc setup in your moms basements. Keep living the dream dude. Peace!
Yep that's me, in my mom's basement. So can't make a sensible defense to a stupid argument, so you go to the " in mom's basement" card. Very weak. Wish I had one of those fancy phones like you to type from. You must get all the girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.