AP coach of the Year Nagy

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trestman? Seriously, I thought you were pretty confident in him his first year .

I was. But not like this. This is actually something, not me desperately wanting an 8-8 coach to possibly take the next step.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Told ya this guy would be good....bitches

Wx4pIIz.gif

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
No. If the Bears won one more game, they would have had the #1 seed. If the Bears, Saints, and Rams all finished 13-3, the Bears would have the tiebreaker for the #1 seed, you fucking idiot.

Wow, big internet talk. You’re a fool if you think the Saints don’t actually play their starters in week 17 for the top seed. They essentially took week17 off in a loss against the Panthers with nothing to play for. Bree’s didn’t even play. LOL at you.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Ummmmm, yes. The Bears would have been 13-3 if they had not lost to the Packers ... and thus, the #1 seed because they would have had the same record as the Saints and would have won the tie-breaker.

Thanks for playing the game.

See above. The Saints in all likelihood would have been 14-2 with something to actually play for in week 17. Thanks for playing.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Good for Nagy.

Is there any reason to believe the Bears' offense won't take a major step forward in 2019? I mean they were worlds better than under Fox and another offseason of growth for Trubs and everyone getting even more comfortable with the full playbook should logically result in more success from that side of the ball, right?

I can't imagine the defense falling off a cliff and they could actually be better. 2018 was certainly fun for the fans but they set the bar high for themselves in 2019. Sure hope they live up to their potential. I'd love to see a Bears-Cheifs Super Bowl next year.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Exactly. The big turnaround in the record and making the Bears relevant again is a major accomplishment. But the honeymoon buzz only lasts so long without continual improvement. Just ask coach of the year Lovie Smith.

You realize the year after Smith got COY he brought his team to the SB right?? Bad example. Wanny or Jauron are better examples.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
"Nagy earned the accolade with 24 votes. Anthony Lynn (10), Frank Reich (8), Andy Reid (5), Pete Carroll (2) and Sean Payton (1) also had votes."

This is annually one of the most ridiculous awards in sports. Its kind of a vague criteria to begin with, and the voters themselves are just plain Special person. 50 voters and not one of them picked the best coach of the year in Bill Belichick?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Good for Nagy.

Is there any reason to believe the Bears' offense won't take a major step forward in 2019? I mean they were worlds better than under Fox and another offseason of growth for Trubs and everyone getting even more comfortable with the full playbook should logically result in more success from that side of the ball, right?

I can't imagine the defense falling off a cliff and they could actually be better. 2018 was certainly fun for the fans but they set the bar high for themselves in 2019. Sure hope they live up to their potential. I'd love to see a Bears-Cheifs Super Bowl next year.

Plenty of reasons to believe the Bears could fail to take the next step forward:

1) tougher schedule
2) possible regression for Mitch
3) possible regression for Nagy
4) possible injuries at critical points in the schedule
5) lack of ability to gain in talent over the offseason while divisional rivals gain ground by key FA signings/draft picks

It happens all the time in the NFL. Ask 2018 Jacksonville, Minnesota, Miami, ...

just a ton of non-playoff teams in the history of the NFL that got a new coach and broke into the postseason never to return again under that regime ...

Last edited:

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This is annually one of the most ridiculous awards in sports. Its kind of a vague criteria to begin with, and the voters themselves are just plain Special person. 50 voters and not one of them picked the best coach of the year in Bill Belichick?

QFT.

The Coach of the Year has never been about the actual best coach in the NFL, but usually about one of the the coaches who oversaw a big turnaround. The award needs re-named imo.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Plenty of reasons to believe the Bears could fail to take the next step forward:

1) tougher schedule
2) possible regression for Mitch
3) possible regression for Nagy
4) possible injuries at critical points in the schedule
5) lack of ability to gain in talent over the offseason while divisional rivals gain ground by key FA signings/draft picks

It happens all the time in the NFL. Ask 2018 Jacksonville, Minnesota, Miami, ...

just a ton of non-playoff teams in the history of the NFL that got a new coach and broke into the postseason never to return again under that regime ...

Does it really feel that way with this team and coaching staff? Seems to me like they have their shit together. I could see injuries causing issues but I don't see the regression. I also see them building depth at key positions and a "next man up" mentality. They really seem to have the "team" concept thing going on. Could the Bears regress? Sure, anything is possible but it doesn't seem likely.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Does it really feel that way with this team and coaching staff? Seems to me like they have their shit together. I could see injuries causing issues but I don't see the regression. I also see them building depth at key positions and a "next man up" mentality. They really seem to have the "team" concept thing going on. Could the Bears regress? Sure, anything is possible but it doesn't seem likely.

I do not have this feeling meter you speak of. One thing I can say is I sure thought 2017 JAX was real (short of the QB position) and I was wrong in that thinking or "feeling" for 2018.

I would love for data showing that is not likely for the Bears to regress, rather than your feelings, no offense. But if all you had was your feelings and "it seems like they have their shit together" and that's all, then I still cannot imagine how you translate that into CONFIDENCE to the point of saying "Is there any reason to believe the Bears don't take the next step forward in 2019?"

Mystifying to me. But that's just me.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I do not have this feeling meter you speak of. One thing I can say is I sure thought 2017 JAX was real (short of the QB position) and I was wrong in that thinking or "feeling" for 2018.

I would love for data showing that is not likely for the Bears to regress, rather than your feelings, no offense. But if all you had was your feelings and "it seems like they have their shit together" and that's all, then I still cannot imagine how you translate that into CONFIDENCE to the point of saying "Is there any reason to believe the Bears don't take the next step forward in 2019?"

Mystifying to me. But that's just me.

Yeah, it's just you. If you felt that way about JAX with that QB you're right about not having "feeling meter". You don't have to quantify everything to feel good about a situation. Shit can happen to derail a successful season, and yes they have a tough schedule but the Bears still seem to be in the best position to win the North again.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah, it's just you. If you felt that way about JAX with that QB you're right about not having "feeling meter". You don't have to quantify everything to feel good about a situation. Shit can happen to derail a successful season, and yes they have a tough schedule but the Bears still seem to be in the best position to win the North again.

Don't mean to stir shit but how? How do they seem to be in the best position outside of your opinion? Never mind the possible regression factor and the infamous sophomore slump for QBs (Year 2 for Mitch in Nagy's system). We haven't gone through the offseason yet. How can you have a good feeling facing GB, DET and MIN without knowing who they will change into over the offseason?

Also, nice dodge on JAX when I specifically said the QB situation looked bad but other than that they "seemed to have their shit together" too. Oh right Bortles. What about MIA? They climbed to the WC round and had all the pieces in place to return. Did it not "seem like they had their shit together"? Or did you also have insight into why they did not have their shit together while the Bears do??

Last edited:

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Don't mean to stir shit but how? How do they seem to be in the best position outside of your opinion? Never mind, the possible regression factor and the infamous sophomore slump for QBs (Year 2 for Mitch in Nagy's system). We haven't gone through the offseason yet. How can you have a good feeling facing GB, DET and MIN without knowing who they will change into over the offseason?

Also, nice dodge on JAX when I specifically said the QB situation looked bad but other than that they "seemed to have their shit together" too. Oh right Bortles. What about MIA? They climbed to the WC round and had all the pieces in place to return. Did it not "seem like they had their shit together"? Or did you also have insight into why they did not have their shit together while the Bears do??

Ok... You're right. We shouldn't be allowed to have opinions. You're also right about the Bears. They'll be lucky to win a single game with that complete shit show they have going on there.