Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bill Parcells disagrees with you and Ryan Pace.

Here's a count of last year's QBs under Parcell's rules.
7/7 – Mayfield, Rudolph
4/7 – Jackson
3/7 – Allen, Rosen
2/7 – Darnold

Interestingly enough. Taking small school QBs were never part of his rules because it was just assumed you don't take those early. His own QB, Tony Romo that they signed as a UDFA for $10K proved that wrong.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch is always super accurate when no ones watching.

Then you put him on National tv and he poops his pants

Its true tho that in low stakes situations, Trubs is super accurate. Hopefully as he gains experience he will calm the fuck down during big moments in games.

I think we have already seen evidence of that with him rising to the occasion over the final stretch of the season and at the end of the playoff game.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
This is the thing that a lot of the meatballs here cant comprehend. I like Mahomes and think he deserved to be MVP but he walked into an offense where the system and players were already in place and familiar within it. This wasnt just Trubs first year in a new system. This was the first year in the system for everyone. This was Nagy's first time implementing a system. I'm sure he can look bad and would change some things also. It's not just Trubs who will take a step next year, Nagy probably only implemented half of the offense this year that he will have next year. Everyone will have to learn the rest of the offense, not just Trubs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Exactly. Everybody was learning everything on the fly. Nagy himself said even with the growth that should be expected next year, the offense won't fully be installed until year three.

What fans should be focusing on is the fact that the Bears put up a ton of points in the year one where everyone was learning a new system that the coach who was the first time coach just implemented.

What we saw an offense this year was the basement. If that's the worst it's going to be, imagine how much better we can get from here...

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly. Everybody was learning everything on the fly. Nagy himself said even with the growth that should be expected next year, the offense won't fully be installed until year three.

What fans should be focusing on is the fact that the Bears put up a ton of points in the year one where everyone was learning a new system that the coach who was the first time coach just implemented.

What we saw an offense this year was the basement. If that's the worst it's going to be, imagine how much better we can get from here...

If [your opinion] mattered you'd be working for an NFL team instead of commenting on a message board.

lol

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's a count of last year's QBs under Parcell's rules.
7/7 – Mayfield, Rudolph
4/7 – Jackson
3/7 – Allen, Rosen
2/7 – Darnold

Interestingly enough. Taking small school QBs were never part of his rules because it was just because assumed you don't take those early. His own QB, Tony Romo that they signed as a UDFA for $10K proved that wrong.

Rather than getting into a pissing match, we'll know next year if the Bears took an stupid, unnecessary risk in drafting a guy with too little experience to justify a 2nd overrall pick.

I hate to bring Watson into it, but shouldn't Mitch clearly separate himself from Watson next year? And what if Watson, after a season removed from an ACL injury, takes the next step past Mitch and looks closer to his rookie year.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rather than getting into a pissing match, we'll know next year if the Bears took an stupid, unnecessary risk in drafting a guy with too little experience to justify a 2nd overrall pick.

I hate to bring Watson into it, but shouldn't Mitch clearly separate himself from Watson next year? And what if Watson, after a season removed from an ACL injury, takes the next step past Mitch and looks closer to his rookie year.

And what if he doesn't?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I expect him to be better next year. I don't buy the limited college experience excuse because why the eff did we draft him in the first place when more experienced guys were available?

IMO he is merely an average QB untill he proves otherwise.

Upside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think any success, or lack of success, for Mitch is independent of Watson. MT has to make a big step. If he does, I don’t care what Watson does or does not do. If Mitch can become a top 6-8 QB, I don’t care if Watson is the #1 or #32 QB. It will be years before we can compare their careers.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think any success, or lack of success, for Mitch is independent of Watson. MT has to make a big step. If he does, I don’t care what Watson does or does not do. If Mitch can become a top 6-8 QB, I don’t care if Watson is the #1 or #32 QB. It will be years before we can compare their careers.

Oh, I agree, all that matters is Mitch & Nagy get better, and we get another shot at the playoffs again.

But it would be nice for Mitch to put Watson in the rearview mirror.

msadows

Liked Posts:

He was the #1 QB across 90% of draft boards if not more. He was the only QB that was a consensus top 10 pick by pretty much all analysts in that draft.

How is that taking an unnecessary risk? Because he wasn't the most developed? Literally the only knock on Mitch heading into the draft for the most part was inexperience. He had the most complete NFL skillset of any QB in that draft class. The Bears did not expect to be this good this fast, it's your own fault for expecting top tier QB play out of a draft pick who had the least number of starts for a QB in first round history just because the bears are now in win now mode.

Bears took him because they expected the rebuild to take at least one more year. It didn't. Now people blame a guy with no experience at the most important position in sports for being slightly above average.

Now next year, if he doesn't take a leap like he did this year, THEN we can worry about him being "just good enough" and average. He has shown more than enough progression through his career to show that his future is bright.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
It should not be overlooked that it was Mitch's, and everyone's 1st year in a new offense...

It shouldn't be overlooked, but most always is.

People need to realize the only one who had ANY experience with anything close to this offense before this season was Burton, and that was as a seldom used 3rd string TE.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, I agree, all that matters is Mitch & Nagy get better, and we get another shot at the playoffs again.

But it would be nice for Mitch to put Watson in the rearview mirror.

Seriously doubt Watson is in Mitchell's rearview. Just the cucks here, are you one of them?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t take another big jump forward next season. He’s better than “average” right now.

His statistics even say he's above average.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He’s a lot better than Brees was at this stage of their careers.

And already better than Brees was in year three as well...

Love these narratives on CCS. Brees was once booed for being put back into a game in San Diego and they all but gave up on him because he was that mediocre (hence the Rivers pick). Another one is Mahomme is the next Marino! Marino's best statistical season was his 2nd year.