Had the Bears went and lost to NE 13-3...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He made a phenomenal throw down the sideline on the Bears final drive before Parkey missed. He made several other great throws too, but that stands out.
90 rating, 300 yards with some good and bad luck on dropped picks and dropped throws. Finished strong.

Speed

Liked Posts:
If he had that kind of game he'd deserve the criticism. I wasn't blown away by LA's offensive line, but Goff is rough when any pressure is in his face. Which is a lot of QB's (except the really good and great one's), but still.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So wtf happend to Todd Gurley? Is Jordan Howard better than him now? Like Mitch is better than Goff after the SB?

I think his knee (?) is worse than they let on. Or worse than they knew.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So wtf happend to Todd Gurley? Is Jordan Howard better than him now? Like Mitch is better than Goff after the SB?

He was effective enough when in. Better than CJ even with the bum wheel. I didn't see him flinching or throwing the ball up for grabs when getting tackled. The thing about Goff is that he has fear misses and picks, just like Cousins. Talented guys that fold under pressure. I also take Mitch over Cousins but I think he and Goff are overrated. All 3 are 2nd tier for different reasons in my book but I roll the dice with Mitch in that compare.

clear

Liked Posts:
Trubisky didn't make many (any?) of those plays against the Eagles, either. Recency bias.

Of course he did, and that is why the Bears had a chance to win at the end.

Yesterday, Goff looked awful. I can see if the game was out of hand, and the Rams were overwhelmed by the Patriots. It was a close game throughout, and yet you knew that Goff would never deliver. And the Patriots are hardily an elite unit.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
He was effective enough when in. Better than CJ even with the bum wheel. I didn't see him flinching or throwing the ball up for grabs when getting tackled.

Yeah, I didn't understand how McVay put in Gurley to start the 2nd half...got some yards on the ground...then went back to standing next to McVay on the sidelines watching Jared Goff look lost for the rest of the game. Very Nagy/Cohen-esque.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Of course he did, and that is why the Bears had a chance to win at the end.

Yesterday, Goff looked awful. I can see if the game was out of hand, and the Rams were overwhelmed by the Patriots. It was a close game throughout, and yet you knew that Goff would never deliver. And the Patriots are hardily an elite unit.

I must have forgotten that Trubisky 'delivered' against a stout Eagles defense in a wildcard game...I like the inference that Goff beating Belichick's Patriots in the Super Bowl would have been a ho-hum matter.

Goff sucked. Not sure where or how the Trubisky comparison comes into play. Perhaps you can explain it to me.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I didn't understand how McVay put in Gurley to start the 2nd half...got some yards on the ground...then went back to standing next to McVay on the sidelines watching Jared Goff look lost for the rest of the game. Very Nagy/Cohen-esque.

2001-- Martz rarely uses Faulk
2019-- McVay rarely uses Gurley

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I had no Idea what they were saving him for. They needed to get that play action working for Goff to have a chance.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
2001-- Martz rarely uses Faulk
2019-- McVay rarely uses Gurley

I guess the difference is that at least Faulk was on the field in 2001...the Pats gameplan was to assign players to stop Faulk and let Warner beat them. Gurley wasn't even on the field, so the Pats could just sit back and wait for Goff to throw incompletions.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I must have forgotten that Trubisky 'delivered' against a stout Eagles defense in a wildcard game...I like the inference that Goff beating Belichick's Patriots in the Super Bowl would have been a ho-hum matter.

Goff sucked. Not sure where or how the Trubisky comparison comes into play. Perhaps you can explain it to me.

I think it's just about how poorly Goff handles pressure. Not just the mistakes that pressure brings on all QBs but too many throws looking like bailouts.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I guess the difference is that at least Faulk was on the field in 2001...the Pats gameplan was to assign players to stop Faulk and let Warner beat them. Gurley wasn't even on the field, so the Pats could just sit back and wait for Goff to throw incompletions.

Gurley had to have been hurt with that knee injury. It makes ZERO sense otherwise.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
So.... We don't want the Bears to play in the Super Bowl while enjoying an additional 4 weeks of because because we may have lost? Trubisky looked like Goff anyway against the Eagles for most of the game. Losing in the Super Bowl sucks, but how we choked against the Eagles us just as bad. Also, what if we beat New England to go 13 and 3? New England then becomes the third seed and has a much more difficult time advancing through the playoffs.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
So.... We don't want the Bears to play in the Super Bowl while enjoying an additional 4 weeks of because because we may have lost? Trubisky looked like Goff anyway against the Eagles for most of the game. Losing in the Super Bowl sucks, but how we choked against the Eagles us just as bad. Also, what if we beat New England to go 13 and 3? New England then becomes the third seed and has a much more difficult time advancing through the playoffs.

True. Also, if the Bears had been in the Super Bowl, we wouldn't be having threads about how awesome Trubisky was looking in the Pro Bowl. Leno might not have even been invited.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
True. Also, if the Bears had been in the Super Bowl, we wouldn't be having threads about how awesome Trubisky was looking in the Pro Bowl. Leno might not have even been invited.
Honestly I wish the bears were in the superbowl yesterday so that today i wouldnt be thinking about whether or not Julian Edelman should be considered better than scottie pippen.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Honestly I wish the bears were in the superbowl yesterday so that today i wouldnt be thinking about whether or not Julian Edelman should be considered better than scottie pippen.

I'm still mulling over that Arnold Palmer v. Jimmy Johnson question.

clear

Liked Posts:

That same Eagles unit held the Saints to 20pts in New Orleans, but that is a different argument.

I'm not comparing the two at all, other than I pointed out that Trubisky is superior under pressure, and that the Bears could have the better QB. Maybe, I should of just said I think Goff is overrated. Goff had 4 quarters to muster any semblance of a cohesive drive to possibly win that game, and it never happened. The Patriots defense is not even the same league of some historic defense, which makes it even worse.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If only the Rams could score 15 points.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't understand this thread. Goff is getting roasted as he SHOULD be. As would Mitch, as would Mahomes, or any other young qb as bad as he was. Do you not think that's the case eyedoc? The Rams are overrated and didn't deserve to be there.

BEARS

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
What if the Bears went to the Super Bowl this year, and partway through the game Nagy got hot and took off his shirt and revealed his large stomach tattoo...but later in the game he got cold so he put on a fur coat and drove out of the stadium in a Cadillac, leaving the play-calling duties to Zach Miller?

Win or lose... That would be the best super bowl ever...