Had the Bears went and lost to NE 13-3...

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I don't understand this thread. Goff is getting roasted as he SHOULD be. As would Mitch, as would Mahomes, or any other young qb as bad as he was. Do you not think that's the case eyedoc? Th Rams are overrated and and didn't deserve to be there.

BEARS
Haven't read any Goff articles, but NE was blanketing LAR WR's all night and pressuring Goff consistently. Goff may have not played well, but NE and Belicheat had a lot to do with that.It was almost like he had video of the Rams walkthrough. :thinking:

Losing availability of Gurley, possibly the most dynamic all around offensive weapon in the NFL, may have played a part as well.
McVay says he is healthy, but does anyone believe that? They just wanted to make sure NE had to game plan for him, and they can't say he was injured after not listing it prior to the biggest bet upon event yearly. That would set off a maelstrom.

My point was that this place would be a shitshow of overreaction, without regard to the other team playing well.

Last edited:

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Haven't read any Goff articles, but NE was blanketing LAR WR's all night and pressuring Goff consistently. Goff may have not played well, but NE and Belicheat had a lot to do with that.It was almost like he had video of the Rams walkthrough.

Hopefully that video of the Rams showed Todd Gurley in full uniform standing on the sidelines.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Hopefully that video of the Rams showed Todd Gurley in full uniform standing on the sidelines.

That was puzzling to me. Seemed like the Pats used a similar gameplan that Fangio did. And Belichick was probably thinking...so you're going to make it really easy for me?

Everyone is aware of the knee injury...but he seemed fine when they played him.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Please tell me brady is retiring... Ps i give him 10 years before he offs himself or receives some insane amount of therapy once he calls quits on football to keep him amongst the mortals.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure why there are people surprised at the Gurley/CJ Anderson situation. Throughout the playoffs the Rams have said each time Gurley has been good to go. Actually the percent of rushes between the two was much higher in the Patriots game. They just did not produce, ran very few plays because lack of first downs, and were totally ineffective. Gurley rushed more than CJ Anderson in this game for the first time.

Dallas game: 58% Anderson
42% Gurley

Saints game: 80% Anderson
20% Gurley

Patriots game: 41% Anderson
59% Gurley

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And you can't see by those #s that they played him, he regressed and now tried to play him again. The question was more about Rams not using him enough since there was nothing to save him for and they needed play action to have a chance. Just leaving him out there like he was healthy could have changed the D and carries isn't the entire picture of their play. Gurley only played 6 snaps in the 1st 1/2 when the Rams needed to establish some diversity. It's almost like they were punishing him for not being more available vs the Saints.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
And you can't see by those #s that they played him, he regressed and now tried to play him again. The question was more about Rams not using him enough since there was nothing to save him for and they needed play action to have a chance. Just leaving him out there like he was healthy could have changed the D and carries isn't the entire picture of their play. Gurley only played 6 snaps in the 1st 1/2 when the Rams needed to establish some diversity. It's almost like they were punishing him for not being more available vs the Saints.

It was really odd...like McVay was out-coaching himself.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Not sure why there are people surprised at the Gurley/CJ Anderson situation. Throughout the playoffs the Rams have said each time Gurley has been good to go. Actually the percent of rushes between the two was much higher in the Patriots game. They just did not produce, ran very few plays because lack of first downs, and were totally ineffective. Gurley rushed more than CJ Anderson in this game for the first time.

Dallas game: 58% Anderson
42% Gurley

Saints game: 80% Anderson
20% Gurley

Patriots game: 41% Anderson
59% Gurley

Not sure why/how you interpret it as a Gurley/CJ Anderson situation. I just figured with an extra two weeks off and Goff looking miserable, it would be a good time for McVay to see what Gurley could do. The percentages you cite are meaningless. 48 rushes against Dallas...18 against NE. 28 pass plays against Dallas, 42 against NE. Just having the threat of Gurley on the field would have made sense.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure why/how you interpret it as a Gurley/CJ Anderson situation. I just figured with an extra two weeks off and Goff looking miserable, it would be a good time for McVay to see what Gurley could do. The percentages you cite are meaningless. 48 rushes against Dallas...18 against NE. 28 pass plays against Dallas, 42 against NE. Just having the threat of Gurley on the field would have made sense.

Point is quite simple. Gurley been on and off the field, mostly off for over a month now. Either he is more injured than they are saying or something else going on. Not that hard to understand. Same situation as NFC Championship game which they should have lost. Do or die in both cases.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Point is quite simple. Gurley been on and off the field, mostly off for over a month now. Either he is more injured than they are saying or something else going on. Not that hard to understand. Same situation as NFC Championship game which they should have lost. Do or die in both cases.

I guess the point(s) which I am not understanding is how Gurley getting an extra two weeks off doesn't factor in to any of this (do players get more injured when they don't play, like Brian Griese?), and the fact that Goff/Rams threw for 300 yards against the Saints so Gurley wasn't really needed, whereas against the Pats Goff was bad all game long yet McVay kept having him drop back to throw while Gurley stood on the sidelines. Did you watch either the NFC Championship or Super Bowl games?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess the point(s) which I am not understanding is how Gurley getting an extra two weeks off doesn't factor in to any of this (do players get more injured when they don't play, like Brian Griese?), and the fact that Goff/Rams threw for 300 yards against the Saints so Gurley wasn't really needed, whereas against the Pats Goff was bad all game long yet McVay kept having him drop back to throw while Gurley stood on the sidelines. Did you watch either the NFC Championship or Super Bowl games?

Did I watch lol? The rams didn't need Gurley against the Saints? Their offense needed him badly. They should have lost. You think he had 4 rushes against the Saints because they didn't need him in that game? Wow. I watch all the games. They should have lost that game too.

Rams have kept this very very quiet, whatever it is, and I am sure in the upcoming week or two there will be more information on this. He was supposed to be 100% ready to go in each of the playoff games. What do you think caused him to go from 16 carries against the Cowboy to 4 against the Saints? They didn't need him against the Saints? He was primed to be MVP of the NFL before the injury. They needed him against the Saints as much as anybody. Obviously, he was not available.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Goff has a lot of Kirk Cousins in him. They are pretty much identical IMO in terms of skill set; Goff is not quite the mental midget as of yet. He’s still young.
Funny you say that cuz after the SB I was thinking the same thing about him.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Gurley's comments postgame definitely is not going to help matters. From the way it sounded the decision to not use him at was NOT health related because he said he felt good:

Gurley missed Los Angeles’s last two games of the regular season with knee inflammation, but Coach Sean McVay said during the week that Gurley was “feeling good” and expected to “play a big role” in the Rams’ game plan.

Gurley said after the game that his knee was fine. Asked whether he was healthy, Gurley answered in the affirmative.

“Yeah,” he said. “Yeah. Yes sir.”

BEARS

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gurley's comments postgame definitely is not going to help matters. From the way it sounded the decision to not use him at was NOT health related because he said he felt good:

Gurley missed Los Angeles’s last two games of the regular season with knee inflammation, but Coach Sean McVay said during the week that Gurley was “feeling good” and expected to “play a big role” in the Rams’ game plan.

Gurley said after the game that his knee was fine. Asked whether he was healthy, Gurley answered in the affirmative.

“Yeah,” he said. “Yeah. Yes sir.”

BEARS

Exactly. Somehow, there is more to this story, no idea what it is. It will surface though, it always does eventually.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
He’s clearly hurt

It’s not really a mystery where we need to get Holmes on the case. A lot of athletes aren’t going to say they’re injured even when they are. He falls into this category. He’s lying about not being hurt. Doesn’t take an investigation to figure it out.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He’s clearly hurt

It’s not really a mystery where we need to get Holmes on the case. A lot of athletes aren’t going to say they’re injured even when they are. He falls into this category. He’s lying about not being hurt. Doesn’t take an investigation to figure it out.

You may very well be right. But if you type Gurley into google right night, you will find articles that don't necessarily agree with that, and actually call it a "mystery" in the title of the articles.