I don't think Belicheck gets enough credit for his defensive game plans..

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Tom Brady is the GOAT, and it isn't even close.

But time and time again, with much less talent, Belicheck's defenses go out there and ball.

There were a disaster last year, but for the minimal defensive talent New England has had over the years, they have kept them in tons of games.

It is impossible to evaluate one without the other but I think Belicheck is the best coach of all time.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
The underrated aspect of the patriots is their unselfishness. From coach to water boy, team first. Credit to them for assembling players that fit.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Yeah, there's no question about the greatness of Brady/Belichick. They've won the ACF Championship half the years they've been working together. That's an amazing feat over 18 years.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What do you want them to do? Build a statue BEFORE he retires? He's universally regarded as one of the top 5 coaches in history. (Usually #1) The guy is the GOAT IMO and gets plenty of credit.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think the issue isn't the lack of credit Belicheck gets, but how much he really wants.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Belichick is so good, they don't even bother voting for him in the superfluous Coach of the Year awards.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Beleichek is a genius and best coach of all time

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He can take his'n and beat your'n or he can take your'n and beat his'n.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I think Bill gets a lot of credit.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Fun fact...Peyton Manning was 3-1 against Belichick in AFC Championship games...yet Manning 'always lost' to Belichick...weird.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He can take his'n and beat your'n or he can take your'n and beat his'n.
Not sure about that, but would love to see Brady and Belichick apart to see who is chicken and who is egg.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Fun fact...Peyton Manning was 3-1 against Belichick in AFC Championship games...yet Manning 'always lost' to Belichick...weird.
Manning won 5 MVP awards playing for average coaches. If he had Beleicheck no one would be talking about Brady

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
True, he probably deserves more credit.
But he practically stole the Bears defensive game plan against the Rams, so maybe he should credit them as well.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Really???? Cause Romo was sucking his dick the entire game last night!

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Greatest coach coupled with the greatest QB in history.

I think he's the greatest defensive coordinator of all time, but he would have won zero super bowls without Brady, and Brady probably wins 2 at most without Belichick. It is an ideal situation, obviously. A great quarterback with a genius defensive coordinator. Neither is as good without the other.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I think he's the greatest defensive coordinator of all time, but he would have won zero super bowls without Brady, and Brady probably wins 2 at most without Belichick. It is an ideal situation, obviously. A great quarterback with a genius defensive coordinator. Neither is as good without the other.

Whenever they’ve had other guys in there they still play well though. Jimmy G looked like the league mvp. Jacoby Brissett looked good. Matt Cassell went 11-5 with that team.

Every piece of evidence we have shows that QB’s produce and get results for that team no matter who is back there. That tells me Belichick has a lot to do with it. Not to downplay Brady’s importance. Together they’ve probably won more Super Bowls than either would have won on their own. Brady is an all time great and HOF’er. I think Bill is more important to the teams success than Brady though. And it’s been shown. They’ve had quite a few QB’s look good playing for them only to go to another franchise and drop off. If Brady got hurt they could probably make Hoyer look like a borderline top 10 QB. They did it with Cassell and Brissett. They had Jimmy G looking like the MVP.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Belichick gets plenty of credit but maybe isn't appreciated enough for how many different ways he's put together winning seasons. He's been remarkably flexible both in game planning and roster building.

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Belicheck gets plenty of credit.