Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 23 to 44 of 50

Thread: Lions beat writer on drugs...

  1. #23
    4th Generation Gaggler Gustavus Adolphus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    26,078

    Default

    Can't blame the OP for this. I think we'd all be taken back by a headline like this.
    My Current Alts
    1. HeHateMe
    2. Novak
    3. Warden of the Northeast
    4. Teddy KGB
    5. brett05
    6. BearDen

  2. #24
    All-Star Rory Sparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't blame the OP for this. I think we'd all be taken back by a headline like this.
    Yeah, I thought this was going to be another Ricky Manning Jr. story...BTW another "high character" signing by the Bears organization.

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2419713

  3. #25
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    29,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't blame the OP for this. I think we'd all be taken back by a headline like this.
    Yeah can't expect the OP to read the article before posting.

  4. #26
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrideisBears View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nietzsche influnced Hitler
    You mean Nazis were influenced by poor interpretations of Nietzsche's writings
    3 - Kaleb McGary, Right Tackle
    4 - Chase Hansen, S/LB
    5 - Alex Barnes, RB
    7 - Sean Krepsz, C/G

  5. #27
    CCS Donator Calabis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,669

    Default

    Thanks Bill...Patricia giving up 30 points and losing 30 to 16 hd to be a brilliant plan...or just a mfer that worked for u and ur giving a shout out.

  6. #28
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    29,941

    Default

    Or maybe BB is a better coach with smarter players than Patricia so executed the blueprint better.

  7. #29
    Packer Fan onebud34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Favorite Corner Bar
    Posts
    17,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rory Sparrow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I thought this was going to be another Ricky Manning Jr. story...BTW another "high character" signing by the Bears organization.

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2419713
    Me too...although...I have wanted to beat a few writers in my day
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by remydat Hidden Content
    I simply stated what I think you think without stating what I personally think.
    Deep thoughts

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by BearsBud Hidden Content
    After he looks dumber than usual and participates in his own dumbage
    Best post ever

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by austtint Hidden Content
    I know when people say stuff idiotic, I respond to them.

  8. #30
    CCS Donator gilder121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquineas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can't have play-action when there's no threat of running the ball.
    Interestingly enough, any of the analytics websites would actually disagree with that statement.

  9. #31
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Monmouth, IL
    Posts
    2,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah can't expect the OP to read the article before posting.
    I treat Lions articles like most Remy posts...

  10. #32
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    29,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visionman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I treat Lions articles like most Remy posts...
    Translation - Too stupid to read and discern the point of the article or post. Explains a lot.

  11. #33
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Monmouth, IL
    Posts
    2,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I'm sorry...did you say something?

  12. #34
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    29,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visionman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry...did you say something?
    “We felt like if we make them drive it, make them earn it, similar to what the Lions did to them, to make them run a lot of plays and get them in third down We felt like we’ve have a chance to get them off the field on third down.”

    https://www.mlive.com/lions/2019/02/...-the-rams.html

  13. #35
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Monmouth, IL
    Posts
    2,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guess not...

  14. #36
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    29,941

    Default

    Thread fail!

  15. #37
    CCS Donator Xuder O'Clam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    7,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visionman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I treat Lions articles like most Remy posts...
    Could you treat ALL posts here in a similar fashion?


    Thanks in advance.

  16. #38
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Monmouth, IL
    Posts
    2,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xuder O'Clam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could you treat ALL posts here in a similar fashion?


    Thanks in advance.
    All of yours, yes.

  17. #39
    God of the Gridiron TheWinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visionman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Says the Lions gave the blueprint for beating the Rams vaunted offense that the Pats then copied in the SB. https://www.mlive.com/lions/2019/02/...-the-rams.html

    I have no comment...

    Belichek said the same thing
    Hidden Content

    Posting on here to educate the many moronic Bears fans that post on here

  18. #40
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Monmouth, IL
    Posts
    2,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWinman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Belichek said the same thing
    That has been established, yes. I stated I didn't read the article before posting previously in this thread. Again, my bad.

    Unfortunately, there are those who still point that out, because they themselves haven't actually read the thread before posting. I find that interesting...

  19. #41
    The Golden God Adipost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    7,486

    Default


  20. #42
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Monmouth, IL
    Posts
    2,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adipost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    exactly!

  21. #43
    Monday Morning QB playthrough2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Club
    Posts
    5,761

    Default

    From Fangio...

    "Yes. I kinda knew (the Patriots) would use that defensive scheme. It was obvious they would copy us because of our success against the Rams," Vic, who looks exactly like an Italian guy named Vic should, told me during a lengthy conversation the other day in his expansive office on the second floor of the Broncos’ headquarters. Outside the bank of windows, an intense fog and snow engulfed Dove Valley.”

    And...

    "When you started covering the NFL in the 1960s," Vic said, referencing that he’s a young man in comparison to the other man at the table, "a lot of teams were running the 6-1. Defenses evolved into the 4-3, then the 3-4."

    Fangio brought back the ancient alignment for the Rams. In the 6-1, he had four, five, six linemen put extreme pressure on Goff and perplex Rams coach Sean McVay. The two would communicate on the headset about the defense up to the 15-second mark when the NFL official would turn it off.

    At that moment, Fangio dropped ends into coverage, changed from zone to man-to-man and squeezed lanes. The Rams never comprehended.”

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/gazette...a044b.amp.html

  22. #44
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Monmouth, IL
    Posts
    2,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playthrough2001 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From Fangio...

    "Yes. I kinda knew (the Patriots) would use that defensive scheme. It was obvious they would copy us because of our success against the Rams," Vic, who looks exactly like an Italian guy named Vic should, told me during a lengthy conversation the other day in his expansive office on the second floor of the Broncos’ headquarters. Outside the bank of windows, an intense fog and snow engulfed Dove Valley.”

    And...

    "When you started covering the NFL in the 1960s," Vic said, referencing that he’s a young man in comparison to the other man at the table, "a lot of teams were running the 6-1. Defenses evolved into the 4-3, then the 3-4."

    Fangio brought back the ancient alignment for the Rams. In the 6-1, he had four, five, six linemen put extreme pressure on Goff and perplex Rams coach Sean McVay. The two would communicate on the headset about the defense up to the 15-second mark when the NFL official would turn it off.

    At that moment, Fangio dropped ends into coverage, changed from zone to man-to-man and squeezed lanes. The Rams never comprehended.”

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/gazette...a044b.amp.html
    That's also proof that Goff isn't much of anything without Mcvay being able to tell him exactly what to do...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •