Bears Offseason Trackers

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Looks like you may have been off just a bit on your prediction of Long being cut this offseason. By like 50-60 years or so.
You're right, considering his god awful pride issues, I figured he wouldnt accept being paid backup money to be, well, a backup. Either his dad convinced him his name means nothing, or his agent convinced him he's hot garbage, either way this is great for the bears. Getting out from under that horrid contract was a priority this offseason (as I predicted).

Congrats on your "win"

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You're right, considering his god awful pride issues, I figured he wouldnt accept being paid backup money to be, well, a backup. Either his dad convinced him his name means nothing, or his agent convinced him he's hot garbage, either way this is great for the bears. Getting out from under that horrid contract was a priority this offseason (as I predicted).

Congrats on your "win"
I'm not Kyle Long, so I won nothing. Just so you know.

Other than a Bears life of...
FinishedDefiniteIndianrhinoceros-size_restricted.gif

c7c3614f6346f75c9b2cd64f61cfb853.gif

ctntqnG.gif

So yeah, maybe you are right, I did sorta win today.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is no way that Pace could know that Long would get injured as much as he has. Prior to this he was as dominant an OG as you would find in the league.

Taking a pay cut, puts some guaranteed money in his pocket, and helps out the Bears. He did them a solid, but it is not like he is getting nothing from this so I am not planning a parade.

My guess is his number now reflects that he is an average starting OG in the league.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My guess is his number now reflects that he is an average starting OG in the league.

If true, Pace got fleeced yet again. He hasn't been an "average starting OG" in 4 years and counting.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Patrick Finley

@patrickfinley
Following Following @patrickfinley
The #Bears interviewed 4 or 5 RBs last night, Ryan Pace said
10:07 AM - 27 Feb 2019

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Brad Biggs
@BradBiggs
8m8 minutes ago
If the #Bears are aiming to create more salary cap space, a contract extension for backup QB Chase Daniel could achieve that goal and GM Ryan Pace said, "We expect Chase to be a Bear for a long time." http://bit.ly/2EBoNpL
3:30 PM - 27 Feb 2019

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I didn't realize we were trying to trade RRH and not sure why? I thought he did a really good job in a rotational role for us but i guess if a team is gonna overpay for him then we gotta listen especially when we're short on draft picks the next two years.

I guess it would be because B.Nichols showed out pretty well for us in his rookie season and looks like he could really turn into a really good player for us.

https://www.bleachernation.com/bear...-might-be-in-the-latest-trade-rumors-but-why/

Robertson-Harris Might Be in the Latest Trade Rumors, But … Why?
March 7, 2019, by Luis Medina Chicago Bears Rumors, NFL News and Rumors
Apparently, Jordan Howard isn’t the only member of the Bears whose name is generating trade whispers.

Chad Forbes
@NFLDraftBites
Players names I’ve heard bandied about in trades this offseason....

5:26 PM - Mar 6, 2019

To be sure, this is FAR from a *normal* rumor, to the extent they’re ever normal – indeed, with that many names on the list, it’s hard to take any of it too seriously. But on the off chance this is something real – or, at least, for the purposes of discussion – let’s challenge the merits of Roy Robertson-Harris hitting the rumor mill. We can learn something about him and the Bears’ intentions either way.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I didn't realize we were trying to trade RRH and not sure why? I thought he did a really good job in a rotational role for us but i guess if a team is gonna overpay for him then we gotta listen especially when we're short on draft picks the next two years.

I guess it would be because B.Nichols showed out pretty well for us in his rookie season and looks like he could really turn into a really good player for us.

https://www.bleachernation.com/bear...-might-be-in-the-latest-trade-rumors-but-why/

Robertson-Harris Might Be in the Latest Trade Rumors, But … Why?
March 7, 2019, by Luis Medina Chicago Bears Rumors, NFL News and Rumors
Apparently, Jordan Howard isn’t the only member of the Bears whose name is generating trade whispers.

Chad Forbes
@NFLDraftBites
Players names I’ve heard bandied about in trades this offseason....

5:26 PM - Mar 6, 2019

To be sure, this is FAR from a *normal* rumor, to the extent they’re ever normal – indeed, with that many names on the list, it’s hard to take any of it too seriously. But on the off chance this is something real – or, at least, for the purposes of discussion – let’s challenge the merits of Roy Robertson-Harris hitting the rumor mill. We can learn something about him and the Bears’ intentions either way.

My guess is they are listening to offers because his value is high and they are not 100% sure they can re-sign him long term when you are paying Goldman and Hicks 22 million for the next 3 years.

They won't deal him. They have him cost controlled for 2 years at 4 million roughly. Someone would have to offer a premium asset for that type of cost control.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If you could pick one guy for the Bears to sign that we could obviously fit in our cap with it being the way it is who would you want? Seems like T.Suggs is the popular choice in this article by these writers but one suggests Preston Smith which would be a great signing but would kill our cap.

https://t.co/ROcaicNHgm

We’ve got another Chicago Bears’ offseason roundtable for you guys to digest today. If you guys have missed any of these so far, be sure to peruse the full story stream below.

With the early negotiating window for Free Agency starting on Monday, we wanted to tackle a couple of free agent things this weekend so we’re knocking out this roundtable twofer that we’ll share back to back.

First up, we wanted to know one free agent — not currently a Chicago Bear — that you’d like to see the Bears sign. Keep in mind Chicago’s current salary cap situation will prevent them from adding “elite” players, so let’s keep it realistic.

After checking out what we had to say, be sure to tell us your guy in the comment section.

Here’s my take on the topic.

I’ll assume the Bears re-up with either Amos or Callahan, and address the other spot in free agency, so I’ll stay away from those positions. In Aaron’s recent mock offseason he mentions the free agent I’d love to see the Bears acquire, and even at 36-years old Terrell Suggs is playing at a high level. Suggs may want to end his career in Baltimore, but the Ravens may be looking to take the roster in a younger direction. Suggs would slot into the Aaron Lynch role and all indications are that he’s a fantastic teammate that would fit the culture in Chicago.

Now let’s go around the table to what a few other WCG’ers had to say...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bears questions we have and ways to answer those questions.

https://email.fansided.com/c/eJx1Tl...j3-7D0Px_JhTtmnsrL6hjIuUD1h7ISxIPrvpfGf5YvXss

In the March edition of the Chicago Bears mailbag, Bears writer Usayd Koshul answers questions about the upcoming free agency period, what to do at the running back position, and the 2019 NFL Draft.
It’s an interesting time of the year for Chicago Bears fans. As the team heads into their fifth offseason under Ryan Pace, things will be different this year. Unlike the 2018 offseason where everything revolved around Mitchell Trubisky, the goal in 2019 is to put the finishing touches on a roster that has Super Bowl potential.

After the way 2018 ended for the Bears, it’s clear that the Bears front office is more motivated than ever to use the 2019 offseason to its fullest advantage. and have the Bears playing in Miami in 2020.

However, with limited resources in terms of draft capital and finances, the Bears can only make so many moves. With the Bears offseason having been going on for more than a month now, we’ve gotten a clearer vision of some of the moves the team may decide to make this offseason.

It’s hard to predict exactly what the Bears will do, but one thing is certain: Never count out Ryan Pace to make something big happen. Additionally, with the NFL scouting combine underway and free agency right around the corner, Pace has promised to use every avenue possible to improve the Bears.

With the NFL offseason just beginning, we asked fans via the main Da Windy City account on Twitter to provide their questions about the Bears this offseason. During the first week of each month, we will select some of the best questions to answer in our monthly Bears mailbag segment and answer them.

Enough of the chit-chat, let’s get to answering fans questions.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
RRH was Fangios project that is why.

Fangios loves those tall long armed DE’s and Pagano likely differs in his desires a little, add in Nichols need for snaps and low pick #...

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Bears Talk - "The Bears are expected to re-sign tight end Ben Braunecker for two years, according to @moonmullinNBCS

More: https://t.co/faw4LAwrN7
"

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Field Yates - " Source: in advance of free agency, the Bears have created $2.25M in cap space by converting the $3M roster bonus due to DT Eddie Goldman this Friday into a signing bonus. Extra money to work with."

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Updated with Dix, Hall, Williams.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears