Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: February Mock Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So we signing 2 RBs and drafting one. Just so Nagy can rush 7 times for 30 yards?

Sign one of Ware or Hunt but not both. Cohen and rookie can hold down RB until Hunt ready as not like Nagy runs a ton anyways.
    didnt the bears rank towards the top 10 in rush attempts?

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago4Life View Post
    didnt the bears rank towards the top 10 in rush attempts?
    In a league that doesn't run as much anymore.

So we signing 2 RBs and drafting one. Just so Nagy can rush 7 times for 30 yards?

Sign one of Ware or Hunt but not both. Cohen and rookie can hold down RB until Hunt ready as not like Nagy runs a ton anyways.
    Actually we gonna keep Howard and sign a few others as well.

We will have a minimum of 10 RBs and they only get 1 carry per game.

If the carry does not go for at least 5 yards, they get a strike.

After 3 strikes, they are executed behind Halas Hall.

It's a bold strategy.

They would not be paying them anything.

Ware is a 1.5 million dollar insurance policy that the rookie is not ready.

If Hunt is suspended 6 games or less I would probably not sign Ware and just roll with the rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickWilly View Post
    Comparing Amos to these two turds is laughable.
    I'm happy to make u lolz

Rookie

Windy, don't you think now would be a good time for the Bears to sign RRH to a longer contract. I would think it would be a good time for a low risk high reward contract for the Bears. He seems to be a guy who will be a solid starter and has shown the potential for more. I was thinking a 3 year deal for around 10 million would benifit both parties. Very reasonable deal for a starter with potential. Just wanted you opinion since it is obvious he will be brought back for next year. I just think if he improves a good amount he will be another starter that will be looking for a payday in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post
    Draft

3[87] S Amani Hooker [Iowa] 6' 210lbs.

If Amos leaves the Bears have a hole at SS and they need someone who can compete with Bush and maybe even replace him if he does not step up in the role. Hooker would give them a little more in coverage than Bush. He had 4 INTs and 7 PD this season and flashes more range than I think the Bears saw from Amos. Hooker was used as a dime LB as well to cover backs and TEs and in a defense that blitzs more having that diverse skill set is important. Jackson playing deep middle, Hooker on the TE, and Callahan and Roquan blitzing is how I see him being used.

Windy, I wanted to thank you for all the effort you put into these mocks, especially this year when our 1st and 2nd round picks are gone.

Love the hooker pick.

Agree with grabbing Ware, but I feel like signing him and drafting a RB does create too much chaos in the backfield. Obviously if you trade howard you can't really depend on a 5th round pick and cohen to be the lead backs for 6 games games tho.

I really do believe the hunt signing will happen, it will just be interesting to see if they keep howard or not. For Howards sake, I hope they don't. I love the guy but his best chance at a fat contract is elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post
    He is much better than mediocre.
    How do you figure? What can you do with Amos, schemewise? Can he play in the box and still get back in pass coverage? Can he blitz? Can he cover slot WRs 1-on-1? Does he have ball skills?

All I've seen Amos do is drop deep and tackle players who get too close to him. In all honesty, the best hit I've seen him make was the one that essentially cost the Bears the Eagles game. He's a reliable tackler. That's about the nicest thing you can say about him.

Giving Amos $14M guaranteed is something GarPax would do so they can say they kept 'their guys'. That move would most likely result in terrible ROI.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditka Rulz View Post
    Windy, don't you think now would be a good time for the Bears to sign RRH to a longer contract. I would think it would be a good time for a low risk high reward contract for the Bears. He seems to be a guy who will be a solid starter and has shown the potential for more. I was thinking a 3 year deal for around 10 million would benifit both parties. Very reasonable deal for a starter with potential. Just wanted you opinion since it is obvious he will be brought back for next year. I just think if he improves a good amount he will be another starter that will be looking for a payday in 2020.
    I would try and use his ERFA and RFA years to get him on a better deal. He is assuming 2 years of injury risk without a long term deal.

He tweeted that he was back for 2019 last night, but I am not sure what that means.

All-Star

That would be a brilliant offseason all things considered. Hunt is the key piece to winning a Super Bowl in near future and is perfect for this system in many ways and circumstances make it a necessity to sign him given our cap and draft status.

I love the ware signing too for protection until the suspension ends.

Falcons are having a fire sell. Just released Matt Bryant and Alford. Matt Bryant is worth a look at
    There is a difference between woman throwing the pussy around for you to grab and just grabbing pussy. Trump money means itís raining pussy. Winston money means itís sprinkles lol - PAPABEAR77

There are plenty of RBs in the draft so Bears should end up with a good one. One that may get overlooked is Rodney Anderson due to his injury history. He is a complete back.

Congratulations Windy, well deserved.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/s...-Fame-Class-is
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Mongo_76 Hidden Content
    Interesting that there are actually people here that seem to be gloating and happy that Americans were killed today by ISIS.
    Mongo was asked many times who had done that, turns out it was no one, he just made up the lie. Now he is claiming the whole thing was a joke, a joke about American troops killed in action, funny guy that Mongo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory Sparrow View Post
    How do you figure? What can you do with Amos, schemewise? Can he play in the box and still get back in pass coverage? Can he blitz? Can he cover slot WRs 1-on-1? Does he have ball skills?

All I've seen Amos do is drop deep and tackle players who get too close to him. In all honesty, the best hit I've seen him make was the one that essentially cost the Bears the Eagles game. He's a reliable tackler. That's about the nicest thing you can say about him.

Giving Amos $14M guaranteed is something GarPax would do so they can say they kept 'their guys'. That move would most likely result in terrible ROI.
    What about trading for Otto making 26+ mil for the next 2 years while having 12 PPG career average?!? Is there another guard let alone player in the NBA making 26 mil averaging 12 points? It is unfathomable.

Is there a cap hit for cutting Bullard? He's been a big zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Midway Mitch View Post
    What about trading for Otto making 26+ mil for the next 2 years while having 12 PPG career average?!? Is there another guard let alone player in the NBA making 26 mil averaging 12 points? It is unfathomable.
    The weird thing about that is GarPax willingly got rid of one of "their guys" in Portis.

4 bold moves for R.Pace.

https://email.fansided.com/c/eJx1TkG...MYtpTr0Dyx9W6k

As the Chicago Bears enter their fifth offseason with Ryan Pace as General Manager, the Bears know that they have the potential to be a Super Bowl team, if they make all the right moves.
    Over the last few years, Chicago Bears General Manager Ryan Pace has developed a reputation for being aggressive whenever it comes to getting the players he wants. Pace has shown that he isnít afraid to swing for the fences.

In fact, over the last two offseasons (2017 and 2018), Pace made multiple moves that many questioned, however, most turned out okay.

He was criticized when he decided to trade up for Mitchell Trubisky. In that same draft, he selected Tarik Cohen and Eddie Jackson, two of the more riskier picks in the 2017 NFL Draft.

Despite what external sources say, Pace continues to be bold and figure out ways to keep adding talent to the Bears roster. Had Pace not traded up for Mitchell Trubisky, itís unlikely that the Bears have the offseason they had in 2018.

Had Pace not traded for Khalil Mack, itís likely that the Bears still make the playoffs, but donít finish 12-4 and donít host a playoff game at home.

Sure, with every big move that Pace has made, heís also had his fair share of misses too. Paceís 2017 free agency class was nothing but a trainwreck, while his 2016 free agency was successful because the Bears signed Danny Trevathan, Akiem Hicks, and Bobby Massie.

After the way the Bears 2018 season ended, with the right moves, the Bears could become instant Super Bowl contenders. Everyone knows Pace is more motivated than ever to do whatever he needs to in order to get the Bears to the represent the NFC in the Super Bowl next season.

How the Bears draft in the next few years will have a paramount effect on their ability to extend the window. There are going to be really tough decisions each offseason where the smart move may be to let the player walk. Hopefully the Bears have some good cheap guys to step up in those instances. In any case, the next few years of contention and beyond should be really fun to see play out.

I really like these writeups, this one especially.

My only two qualms are that I’d bet dollars to donuts that Gay gets drafted, and man, I can’t see the Bears adding 3 running backs in the offseason to their current stable when Nagy clearly doesn’t value the position nearly as much as others.

Other than that, I’d be ecstatic if this were the offseason, and most of it seems pretty realistic. I think a key move that you outlined that people aren’t going to think much about until later is picking up OL depth in the draft to give valuable cap flexibility in the coming couple of years. That’s going to be really important.

I think Hunt gets 3 or 4 games because of time served. It also sounds like he is getting a lot of help and is taking these classes seriously. Ray Rice and APs situations were a little different as they were basically family, and not a heat of the moment incident after being verbally attacked.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast