OT: What should the Rams do about Goff?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Slippery Slope - Jared Goff loses to Patriots...Jared Goff will never win another game the rest of his NFL career!

False Dilemma - Jared Goff either wins the Super Bowl for the Rams, or he should be released outright!

Appeal to Ignorance - Jared Goff struggled against the Patriots...and others!

Ad Hominem - You and FT made Baba feel bad in a different thread!

Hasty Generalization - I just saw Goff play poorly in the Super Bowl...he sucks!

Disagree. You are so wrong here. Your error is that he did not directly say these things EXACTLY therefore your paraphrasing the content is a straw man. You are inferring it from the implications of his direct statements and that doesn't count.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would also extend my thoughts on to Trubisky. He improved year over year in every category, just like Goff and helped his team win the division for the first time in 8 years.....

How the fuck is that even a discussion?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Vision inspired my tongue-in-cheek response.

There is no strawman since I never put words in his mouth and have since QUOTED HIM DIRECTLY as to the implications inherent with his statements.

An implication can be inferred without a straw man occurring and that is what I did (and airtime too). I have even asked him several times now to clarify if he feels that I am in error about those implications. He has declined to clarify based on the fact that I am "deliberately misinterpreting to further my own agenda".

LOL As if posting on Goff is some kind of a political hot issue that I am maneuvering in order to create a narrative when his re-election comes up. LOL

Implying something is putting words in someone's mouth because they didn't actually say. Vision has said a fee times that my interpretation of his comments is correct and said you are making implications he never meant.

Please refer to posts 133, 138 and 146. The difference between you and airtime is airtime is not continuing to insist something Vision already said you misinterpreted. The fsct you continue to harp on your incorrect implication suggests you do in fact have an agenda here.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Disagree. You are so wrong here. Your error is that he did not directly say these things EXACTLY therefore your paraphrasing the content is a straw man. You are inferring it from the implications of his direct statements and that doesn't count.

Inferring something that no one actually said and continuing to do so when they tell you that your inference is wrong is in fact a strawman.

There is no need to infer or imply anything when the person is here and you can ask them directly what they meant. Unless of course you can't argue what someone said so need to make dumb inferences from it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Goff is young and not a finished product. He helped get the team to the Superbowl. He is still young, finished as a top ten, maybe top 5 quarterback last season, and has improved his stats year over year for his whole NFL career.

How is this a discussion right now?

He also has visible flaws and it remains to be seen whether he corrects them. So as was said, lets see how he develops over the next couple of years.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He also has visible flaws and it remains to be seen whether he corrects them. So as was said, lets see how he develops over the next couple of years.

Even if some of those flaws remain an issue to a degree you'd have to have a plan in place to get a top 5 QB that is better than Goff.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is nothing "to do" with Goff right now except work on him getting better....Even if they are "stuck" with Goff as is, he is going to get paid. He is damn near a top 5 QB with his obvious flaws as is.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No one suggested doing anything with Goff right now beyond seeing how he develops over remainder of rookie contract.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Inferring something that no one actually said and continuing to do so when they tell you that your inference is wrong is in fact a strawman.

No. It's not. Not when no further clarification beyond the original statement is given even when asked. It is a disagreement as to the meaning of the original statement and that is - by definition - not a straw man.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Implying something is putting words in someone's mouth because they didn't actually say. Vision has said a fee times that my interpretation of his comments is correct and said you are making implications he never meant.

Vision has indeed said that yes. I have also said that I do not understand how the implication doesn't necessarily follow from his statements and the bolded parts in the statements. He does not wish to answer, fine.

But that doesn't follow that I am either:

1) creating a straw man

nor

2) pushing an agenda.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
There is nothing "to do" with Goff right now except work on him getting better....Even if they are "stuck" with Goff as is, he is going to get paid. He is damn near a top 5 QB with his obvious flaws as is.

I'm not sure he can actually read defenses like a top 5 QB, without his coach in his ear IMO